Mob's health during fight.

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Mob's health during fight.

Postby El_Furax » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:10 am

HI there.
My first suggestion to this excellent MUD :
I've been surprised during fights to have to [i:3at3emd3]look[/i:3at3emd3] at the mob to know how well (err.. bad) it was.
Some people of course have implemented triggers to do that, but don't you think we should get updated of mob's health troughout the fight ?
Without trigger it can be difficult to be able to read the status before it scrolls out of the screen (mobs with multi attacks + group spamming attacks, gtells and skills).

Or are we looking at our feet during slothfights so that we need to explicitely look at our target to realize it's almost dead :)

(If I ask it is because this feature is available in other Muds)

My 2 newbie's (C)(TM) cents.
El_Furax

Postby Evergreen » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:04 am

looking at mob and also a lot of other actions keep player's attention to game :D I think, this mud will keep having its own features and its good. We have played like this for several years and havent had any problem with things like this :)
Evergreen

Suggestion

Postby Zenkai » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:03 am

My suggestion for the mud would be a command called:

condition <target>

that just shows the condition of a player or mob, but not the description, equipment, or inventory.

Here are some commands to cut the spam in groups:

gag fight
gag eq
brief
concise
compact lines
compact prompt
showexit
Zenkai

Postby blackmore » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:15 am

We can't tell if the mob we're fighting can see us or not without casting a blind or acid blast where the mob fails its save either, as if that would somehow have anything to do with us being able to know. It's just one of the quirks of the game - for now, at least. The list of commands to gag out certain things is useful too (though showexit has nothing to do with gagging stuff during a fight).

This question brings to mind something else I've always found funny, but I still do it. If I'm fighting a larger mob, and I look at it, and it's awful, then I blast a few more times, why do I look at it again? Do I think it's suddenly not going to be awful, even though I've done more damage to it, or do I have to check every mob to see if there is a new status of REALLY awful?
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Ender » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:39 pm

Actually, I've done that as well Blackmore. It just somehow feels like you should be told you've made progress. I've also hated it when I'm fighting cleric type mobs and they go back to Pretty Hurt.

As far as knowing the mob's condition, it is a common feature on other muds, and I inquired about it when I returned. I've been told that a prompt with the mob's condition (battle prompt) has been considered by the gods and will not be implemented. Best compromise they were willing to consider was a warrior skill that gave an evaluation of the mob's condition, like Zenkai suggested. (Although it's also possible this would have more levels than Excellent, Few Scratches, Small Wounds and Bruises, Quite a Few, Big Nasty Wounds, Pretty Hurt, Awful, and Bleeding, which would also help Blackmore and I out) Personally, I'd love this feature to be implemented, but I have a feeling they have other things they're working on.
Ender
40 Prime Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions