some new crackma eq would be nice

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Postby 13 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:01 pm

[quote:2fmrrsii]Eventually I would like to see players able to build their own items. They would select a location, the affects, stats, name, etc and the weaver would build them their item. [/quote:2fmrrsii]

******* A!
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Autolycos » Mon May 21, 2007 1:10 pm

yeah... i can see it now..

you tell weaver 'can i get a quote on a +5dam shield -1.3ac! and make it black with a blue starfire design on it'

weaver tells you '(north jersey accent) sure bubs wez can make dat fer ya... but it'll cost 75,422 dracmaz'

you tell weaver 'why so much?'

weaver tells you 'wtf is yor f'n problem meathead? yaz askz.. I'z tellz yaz. now pay up or Vinnie herez will give ya a thank you for visitin offa da east pier.'

Quality costumer service! :twisted:
Autolycos

Postby 12345 » Mon May 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Hmm. I have code that's designed to do exactly that... Not geared for Sloth though.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Kong » Mon May 21, 2007 7:37 pm

Hey messian im a professional monkey, wheres my elitist eq? stfu
Kong

Postby Weasel » Mon May 21, 2007 8:58 pm

do they haz a corm?
Weasel

Postby Autolycos » Tue May 22, 2007 9:36 am

Weasel is using...

<held low> a corm.....it emmits a faint nibbling sound!
Autolycos

Postby Thraxas » Wed May 23, 2007 10:26 am

[quote="*Splork*":msg7zyxm]an item that is max AC and takes up 1/4 or 1/3 of a players spell or heal bonus cap for close to nothing was a mistake:)[/quote:msg7zyxm]

I think theres a case for there to be good robes at a resonable 250dr cost, its something achievable for all chars. Why not leave these as they are, robes will then be the one item that pretty much everyone will spend drachma on, as they are now, and revamp the rest.

The trouble I have with drachma eq is that after the robe theres next to nothing worthwhile to save up for that seems achieveable to anyone who dosen't play 24/7.
Yes if its so good it should be expensive and effort should be required ti get it, but theres no steps, no saving up 250dr and deciding whether to purchase item x which would be fairly useful or trying to get another 200dr and get item y which would be even more useful, and then either buy y or save another 200dr for item z which would be incredibly useful.
Of the equipment available atm very little of it is actually of any use, perhaps if no-ones ever bought a particular item remove it from the shops now?
I like the idea of custom build equipment, save up say 150dr* and now I can purchase a base -0.4 ring, but I can get just another 100dr* I can add some hp to it, or another 150dr* and its a -0.5 ring but extra hp is now 200dr*, its all small steps each step seeming achieveable rather than the big jump from 250 for a robe to 1200 for the next good item you want. 1200dr* is too daunting a prospect for me to even consider saving up for.
Are we thinking here of specify pay build recieve or being able to pay for an existing dr item to be upgraded as additional dr become available? Or even dr shop turns into eq stat shop, pay 200dr* to add 15hp to your greenish ring which also makes it personal.

(*Numbers are off the top off my head, I know they're not particularly realistic, just there to demonstate a point)

If its not too complicated to code perhaps the shopkeepers could make a special offer items every now and then maybe a random build at 2/3 the cost to build it yourself. This'd add the gamble of spending your dr on your own build or waiting for something to come up as a special that may be a good cheaper alternative.

However if you did do this it sort of makes dr an alternative to the 5x40 cost of purchasing stats i.e. spend 5 tokens that is 10billion xp and 15 mill coins or spend x dr on adding a stat to a new purchase.
How many dr is equivalent to 10billion xp and 15mill coins?
(on this scale 5 hp is 3 tokens i.e. 6billion xp and 5 mill coins)

If you view like that it would seem that dr may be the cheaper way to do it if the build costs arn't right.

Just random thoughts,

Thraxas
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Wed May 23, 2007 10:44 am

I like the idea of using in-game eq and personalize it with drachma stats.
I know there would be alot of Warriors adding +HP and +HR to their armor.
Lets say 1000 Drachma to add 100hp 10hr to their 3x40 armor. It would
make any tank happy.

Also in these cases Quest Eq can be givin to "casters" and drachma tokens
can be giving to leaders and tanks. So they can work up their eq for more
stats.
Leaf

Postby Mosaix » Wed May 23, 2007 11:11 am

Drachma robes....

Unless im forgetting something the only drachma robes not "caster" related is the platinum robe, and that stab robe. All the others are mana/heal/spell related.

Since "casters" cant/rarely get handed out quest eq, getting cheap/affordable drachma robes for doing autoquests seems quite fair compared to the work casters do in regular quests when they get nothing.

Maybe make those robes so only caster primes can use them.
Why does a tank with tert or quad mage deserve a spelldam robe for 250dr for. Tank likely picked up some wicked quest eq in the last quest, and is also getting a cheap robe to fill out their spelldam in one item.(crystalline silk robe)

Make some caster (cleric, mage, druid, necro) prime drachma eq and balance the quest eq playing field. Either that or make regular quests, and winning actual prizes a reality for casters.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 13 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:48 pm

dmg reduction robe
stabdmg robe
hp robe
.1 ac extra robe

those are the only nc ones i can think of
i totally agree there should be some more
but i dont think either type should exclude any classes
just include the one they focus on
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby Roadrunr » Thu May 24, 2007 1:14 am

waaah!

what kind of crack are you on? about the only tank that gets anything (assuming anyone gets anything special) is 1.tank, none of the 6-8 other tanks between the casters and death get anything more than the casters. I mean, really, is it all that hard to pay attention and heal when it's needed? or spam-blast? not really.

instead of trying to get nerfs for others, maybe you ought to be trying to make your own situation better.
Roadrunr
Double 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu May 24, 2007 5:15 am

Nods.. 6+ years and I just got my first ever piece of quest eq, and that was because of random throw, not because I was 1.tank. The amount of times I've died and shocked because I'm tanking.. too many to count.
Weasel

6 years x 17 bodyslots + "x" amount of quests

Postby Hades » Thu May 24, 2007 7:34 am

You've been slacking furboy :twisted:
Burn baby burn !!!
Hades
Double 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu May 24, 2007 7:41 pm

fear me.
Weasel

Postby Mosaix » Thu May 24, 2007 11:28 pm

I dissapointed in your response roadrunner. Id think a seasoned player would be able to process thoughts and ideas better than you attempted to.

How fair is it that after 13 years of sloth 2 and sloth 3, its takes a generous immortal to finally grant my pathetic healo ass a token of appreciation and give me a piece of quest eq. Had the status quo been the order of the night, id have still not seen anything. I wasnt even allowed to random for the piece i wanted, at least weasel got that chance. The leader decided halfway through to change the rules, and award the best stuff to whomever he felt like, then went back to random again. Id most definately like my slice of the pie, there are players on this game that have whole pies of quest eq. Thats not acceptable.

Ive been in pleanty of quests where its leader, 1.tank, 2.tank, runner, 3.tank, runner and then maybe levels. And of course by the 2nd or 3rd award the good stuff is in fact gone.

All i was trying to say in this thread was the drachma robes that were caster related are just about right as those who dont lead or 1.tank see jack sh*t in most quests. 250dr is pretty fair considering all casters can really do is save up drachma to get good stuff in the shops.

Since now according to Roadnofunner tanks dont even get quest eq. Lets please work on why only leaders and 1.tanks get quest eq. It takes a group to win a quest, not a 2-man team. Award appropriately, and balance the field for the rest of those questing and purchasing drachma eq. Again capping players at 2-3 handed out items would make some sense. After that its time for another player to enjoy some quest eq.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mud Suggestions