Warrior skills

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Warrior skills

Postby Weasel » Mon May 24, 2004 1:15 pm

Would love to see something for WA primes like additional power to each round rather than the flaildamage option that is available presently.

Most WA primes I think would agree that flailing is a little used skill unless you're 2.tank (or lower) in a chop group, or you've run out of mana in a non-chop group. Personally if I'm in chop, I am mostly bashing/tripping between rounds and only use flail when the mob has been tripped already. I'm one of the very few people who actually do this because of the danger if you try to stack flails or if mob dies and you then flail, you can easily cause a CF depending where you are. Yes, flailing can be hazardous to your health as well as the mobs health heh.

In non-chop groups, the same thing applies, or else you're casting between rounds rather than tripping/bashing anyway.

As 1.tank, doing either lags my whiner so not much help there. Soloing again the same thing; with most mobs you're going to be casting between rounds so flail is rarely used, and again you have to be careful not to flail and hit other mobs in the room, or you're quite possibly gonna end up phukt.

Some reasoning for having a damage % added to each round as an alternative (like spellbonus, but call it damagebonus or roundbonus maybe)? Well, spellbonus applies to every offensive spell cast, so it would seem to be keeping some balance by having a similar effect available for fighting rounds, and likewise circlebonus for TH primes would be a good thing too. I don't play any of the new classos so don't know what would suit them.

Comparing the WA drachma shop robe with the spellbonus one for the same price, there's a big difference in what it does for your overall ability, which is what prompted me to bring this up in the first place.

Any thoughts?
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby blackmore » Mon May 24, 2004 2:56 pm

Warriors do get a bonus on damage on every attack, though I'm not quite sure how much or how much of a difference it makes.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Warrior Innate ability

Postby *Splork* » Mon May 24, 2004 6:32 pm

Blackmore is correct. If a warrior is wielding a non stab weapon, their natural damage increases as they level in thier respective prime class.
As well, warriors will see more powerful slash type weapons being added ingame in an attempt to bring these types of weapons up to the power of our proc weapons.

Stay tuned,

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Weasel » Mon May 24, 2004 7:07 pm

Yeah ok. I thought that was same for everyone but I guess not. And nods, that new WA prime quest weapon is pretty sweet.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions