Coliseum

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: Coliseum

Postby Riurik » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:24 am

Laugh, put a gotcha at the entry point :) When you pull the chain have a prompt required that would be hard to script and guess. That way at a minimum you have to be present when you enter each time. If Gorka is really at his keyboard every day for 8 hours, he will have to swap over every so many minutes to get in.
Riurik

Postby Gorka » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:03 pm

* I suggest no free raise when you die in the coliseum, kick the corpse out for raise as normal.
* Make blue pots personal.
* Make scrolls only work in groups of 3 or greater.
* Cut duration of goblet in half.
* Cut token pops to half.

This would make the coliseum dangerous to bot, and make it more unworthwhile economically as the most important loot could only be used personally or in group. It would make the coliseum less exploitable while not limiting it's original intention for which is was designed and keep the current benefits to groups. It would not limit players during major houses from getting high scores...
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Filk » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:59 pm

You understand, that with all your proposals you just defending that source of easy bot exp? :)
Go and run in the wilds! :)
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:49 pm

I know EXACTLY what I am doing... running the coliseum worked when it was just me and I was small (I learned I could make a living feeding top players) and I had bad mana regen, and I was a reliable supplier for things people wanted... but now with the afk bots, it doesn't work, and public opinion brings me down to their level... Which was never true, just their dumb ass speculation. The commenters don't know me, don't know my job and obviously they don't understand the coliseum. It's not for nothing rich players buy the potions, because for the most sake, it's not worth their time... and now it's not worth mine. The botters can go to hell. Two island runs and I make as many coins in 1 hour as a do in a day. There was a time when this worked, but increasingly now it doesn't.

I don't care whether you think I am a hero or a villain but I see the writing was on the wall. The coliseum was going to get changed harshly and unfairly... It needed to keep it's original idea... and some of the ideas being proposed were just bad, and so I made a choice to do what I am doing.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Vegetable » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Not sure what was the original intention of coliseum but it's probably not for exp. I always thought that it was to allow players to compete on the kill counts and show the potential of their characters. Also to be honest, i think the loots currently dropped by mob in coliseum shouldn't be in there in the first place. Since you can't use the item you pop in the coliseum anyway. Probably best to load them on some area that are relevant to the area you run in. Or make item that pop in coliseum only usable in coliseum. idk.

Gorka, what you were asking is basically to bar all other botters from the coliseum so you can be the only one running your script all day. That doesn't seems reasonable to me. Maybe i misunderstood but thats the idea i got from your previous post. Also, coliseum do provide some incentives like spawning mobs at your will (no regen time/no waiting for respawn/no risk of losing xp). Just like having an admin standing there to spawn mobs for you to kill for xp full time. I still think removing xp completely from coliseum is the best solution for this.

This is not directed at you or anyone. Its just what i have in mind since i started playing but back then this wasn't brought up and no one (at least to my knowledge) was exploiting this.
Vegetable

Postby Gorka » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:29 pm

Vegetable wrote:Probably best to load them on some area that are relevant to the area you run in. Or make item that pop in coliseum only usable in coliseum. idk.

I agree, it seems odd that in the coliseum you pop these items, and in most cases, it's also about the only place where you can't use them. Zoning them, or random popping them, would solve item issues at the coliseum. There are two issues, items, and xp. I suspect xp is actually the reason people bot, because there is not enough money in the items.

Vegetable wrote:Gorka, what you were asking is basically to bar all other botters from the coliseum so you can be the only one running your script all day.

Not correct. I'm hacked off that I get "painted with the same brush" as non responsive afk players. In doing what they are doing... I am seen as THE SAME as them, when clearly I think there is a difference. I know that if I continue in the coliseum, I will get taken down with the botters even though I would be responding, and I feel there is a clear difference, and that's why I am here and swinging!

No Botting is a game rule. It's not my opinion. Botting is not defined, but it tends to be accepted that it's not paying attention or being actively at the keyboard or watching for an amount of time. Any other definition would mean groupers who stab, grip, auto blast or follow on portals are also botters... I doubt there is a person who seriously runs the coliseum without automatic scripts as scripts are required for time efficiency and high scores... Scripting the coliseum is part of the game... botting is not. There is a difference, damn it!
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)