Rebirths

Use this forum for general discussions

Rebirths

Postby Gorka » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:24 am

Some of us were asking Josiah about his "rebirth" today over gossip. I like the idea of coming back in a new and improved form to replay the game again.

It would allow you to reach epic caps that would be almost impossible in the regular game, tidy up some drachma bits and pieces, and not have to learn all those often annoying spell books again.

But I got to thinking, would be nice if some other incentives were created to encourage avatar players to rebirth... I was thinking something could be done to improve the chances of popping a t3 gem solo... because any of us that are new, will doubtfully even have a single t3 rune by the time we reach 9x40...

Anyone else got ideas? Nice to see a whole new path for avatars.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Rebirths

Postby Gorka » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:24 am

Any chance rebirths could wear 6 pieces of 3x40 eq?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:33 am

In my opinion, avatars need 5x40-9x40 raid content, similar to epics, but more challenging (not necessarily in damage, but in fight tactics) that they can look forward to and stay active. Similar to the raid content that WoW regularly delivers.

Maybe more competitive challenges in forms of quests could be fun.

Redoing the same areas is pretty boring, especially that I've done valk quite a number of times now.

However, I agree that rebirthing is appealing and I'm already considering it for Taron, if it's possible at all.
Teron

Postby Vegetable » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:31 am

I think this is a great feature. Allow Max avvie to "reborn" could bring them back to the game. It should make reborn char much stronger as well to encourage reborn (better damage/hp/mana/regen/etc). Perhaps implement some "reborn" restricted eq and open up some reborn difficulty area for (xp/quest/forge/drachma gear/gems/etc) as we progress. This can help easing the traffic in some xp area currently camped out by high avatar (i.e most of non group lyme area).
Vegetable

Postby Teron » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 am

Vege, only a small percentage of players will rebirth, so the area needs to be open to regular 6x40+.

I agree that Lyme is camped, but it means we need areas for high level characters, not just 3-5x40. Eg, an area with the equivalents of the massive black dog, 10mil ether mobs in Necropolis, weaker Mystica splorkables, etc.

Unfortunately, how hard mobs can be is limited by the 10mil cap of avatars. If only they could get 15-20mil for solo mobs that really challenge them, otherwise harder mobs have to be group mobs. Which wouldn't be too bad, if there were no notion of single player play.
Teron

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:57 pm

i am not even sure yet how rebirth will even work yet..

its a 100% manual process that has to be done by a coder since the player file needs edited manually to clear some things.. quests, etc.

its basically remort+

having said that, if any other full avatar wants to try to rebirth, they know my email.

will do a helpfile or something later for it.
*Breeze*

Postby Vegetable » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Good point Taron. However, if the rebirth option is attractive enough (substantially stronger as they progress/higher cap) we should see more people doing rebirth. Also, with a new progression path, we can probably tweak to allow players to level faster (maybe from 5.40 - 9.40 range) as I see people usually slow down or stop playing around that range. But this sounds like a "new expansion" to the game. Not sure if sloth has the manpower to implement this anytime soon.
Vegetable

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Taron should immort and be in charge of all the raid mobs.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Vegetable » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Agreed. GET TO WORK Taron !
Vegetable

Postby Filk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:50 am

I dont see any power advantages in that rebirth, except extra drachma from quests. And since its posible to get everything you want from quest shop in single 9x40 route (like Josiah did for example), so no point in that. In terms of power for sure.
Though maybe its single way of getting top honor ranks. Because without remort bonus its undoable. And trippling honor you gain maybe worth that exp loss, if aiming for highest honor rank :)

Personally for my, i dont mind remorting Fluffy only if there will be real power changes for that action. Like keeping all avatar shop bonuses active with ability to buy them again :) Just as example
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:28 am

Josiah kept his stats as well, but didn't keep his shop bought bonuses.

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't have kept the bonuses... he's only going to hit a cap anyway... but I agree with Fluffy... This development is really interesting, but I'm kind of on the edge about whether it's "worth it."

In Josiah's case, he doesn't have a lot to gain from more drachma... but if honor is your thing then that's the real winner...

There are so many cool places to take this idea, but it's like it's not really out of the oven yet...
Last edited by Gorka on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:48 am

josiah kept what he kept simply because thats what i decided to leave him with.

he was willing to reroll, but i decided to leave it there for him.
i took all his billions of xp and let him keep his base stats since he wouldnt get auto rerolled when he hit level 8 1 x x x x x ..

i added the [1.Rebirth] pre-title just because i thought it looked good.
in retrospect i shouldn't have added it and let you think i was being an a$$ and just punished Josiah for annoying me.

i never had the intention of manually re-birthing a character and tbh i doubt i ever do it again since no one else will have the patience to wait as josiah did for me to have the time to log in and edit a player file manually. ( which took what.. 30? 35 mins? )

worth it or not is no one's concern except for josiah. he is the one who asked for it (and got more than he asked for) and has to deal with the consequences... and is now the baseline for anyone else who gets re-birthed, if anyone else ever does get re-birthed.
*Breeze*

Postby Gorka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:02 am

You puzzle me Breeze, you almost created life after avatar and doubled the length of the game, and now your kinda like ho hum, whatever, I should be more evil, it's not going anywhere.
Last edited by Gorka on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:07 am

is anyone else willing to give up what he did?

all I am saying is it was unplanned and he is only one affected by it
*Breeze*

Postby Gorka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:16 am

*Breeze* wrote:is anyone else willing to give up what he did?

It would appear so... Filk, Taron and I are giving it serious thought, only Filk currently has a 9x40 atm though.

Have you noticed Wasp is back? Serega is back? Old players always return to this game... I think this idea has great potentially in it's current form, but with just a little bit more direction it could be accepted that 1xAvatar is only the beginning of multiple rebirths, and a longer game experience.

I don't see many new players sticking with Sloth, but I am always seeing old players coming back to this game. What you did with Josiah was important, you might see it as a one off between you and Josiah, but I don't think the other players see it the same way. You've opened a door to something worth doing.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)