Changelog 2015-10-21

Use this forum for general discussions

Changelog 2015-10-21

Postby *teker* » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Been a while since we posted one so I'll try to remember what we've been working on lately:

Mobs will no longer cache items in rooms that are out of the game/inaccessible or unapproved.
Hometown now displays a more accurate message when your levels are too high.

I've been working on new vault code to try to automate the process and remove any need for immortal assistance. You can see a piece of this now in that the streets outside the vaults now support the "survey" command. This command tells you which directions are suitable for building vaults. Once I finish the code players will be able to "build" their own vault without immortal help. If you have suggestions for new vault features, let me know. I'm particularly interested in clan vaults - how should they be different than a normal player vault?

We're also working to organize the vaults on the island - they're currently scattered around.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Re: Changelog 2015-10-21

Postby Ker » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Awesome idea!

Could we bring back old vault features? Clan vaults - GrandPalace etc -

Dr
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:31 pm

I liked the features we had in S3: a fountain, regen, and maybe extra rooms for walking in a castle.

One thing that comes to my mind is a recall/teleport to the castle, but I think it's been done before.
Maybe a way to open a portal with a trigtrap from inside to invite others to the regen room, so you dont have to go out and walk them in or gset/convo.

Though, practically, I wouldn't mind having my own castle, with a fountain and a telelport/portals, too. I guess it could come down to pricing per feature, rather than differentiate between personal and clan castles?

This way, players can build custom castles and a clan can buy a pre-built palace or customize/create from scratch.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the caching issue. I never thought it's that hard to do, nor that there are other mobs, than Noel.
Teron

Postby *teker* » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Other than the fountains, how did the Sloth3 castles differ from what is available now? From the help file they appear to be 6 room prefabricated vaults. As is, you'd have to buy/build them now but it seems like the same features are there.

Mana regen will definitely be available as a purchasable item up to 5 points.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Ertai » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:23 pm

*teker* wrote:Mana regen will definitely be available as a purchasable item up to 5 points.

Nice, gimme a price please. *grin* Or at least actual price list. I know only 10mil for vault and 1mil for key. Or that's all?

As for grandpalace etc: it's mostly a nostalgy about "good old times". A vault construction with fixed number of vault rooms + free rooms + whatever. Not sure we need these monstrous predefined buildings. Just add more flexibility! Most of objects were listed above:

1. Fountains
2. Mana/hp regen rooms
3. Trigtraps (not sure it is possible w/o immortal assistance, but it's a point to think about)
4. Rent possibility (optional, I don't see the reason, but why not?)
5. Free rooms, without vaults but more cheap. Just a decoration! I still remember our Gardens, opened for all.
6. Dunno why, but when I've build a vault, JB rejected my request for keyless access. Don't really remember why: meebe it's "clan feature" or whatever, the fact is. Also he rejected to rename my key. *shrug* Politics?
7. Additional doors/gates/etc. Why not?
8. Decorations: just useless items... Ah, yes. Signs.

I think it's enough...
Wish I had your talent for feeling sorry for myself
Wish you dared to jump off that shelf...
Ertai

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:16 pm

I don't remember why either. Perhaps it was that the proc was changed and I just wasn't sure how it was supposed to be done anymore. Regarding renaming your key, I have no idea why I would have objected to that either other than not wanting to accidentally disregard an existing procedure.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Ertai » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 am

*juggleblood* wrote:I don't remember why either. Perhaps it was that the proc was changed and I just wasn't sure how it was supposed to be done anymore. Regarding renaming your key, I have no idea why I would have objected to that either other than not wanting to accidentally disregard an existing procedure.

Politics. :mrgreen:

BTW, key naming was available in Sloth 3. Why not to return this good old tradition? Yeah, it will be #9 in my list above. :lol:
Plus 'a cast iron vault key owned owned by Ertai' sounds at least... hmm... strange. I checked, this double 'owned' presents in others keys to vaults.
Wish I had your talent for feeling sorry for myself
Wish you dared to jump off that shelf...
Ertai

Postby *Splork* » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:46 pm

There really is no reason to add in special "packages" like we had in S3 in regards to castles, palaces, etc. A player can easily build those themselves now. The only reason we had those before was because a player placed an "order" of what they wanted and an Immortal built it.

Now, we have done the back-end work which allows you to build these yourself. I spent a great deal of time making this possible and now Teker is advancing this even further.

It is now up to you guys to build the palace or castle. I believe Teker will be adding more options as time passes.
*Splork*
Site Admin

Return to General Chat (Registered)