Needing help badly.

Use this forum for general discussions

Needing help badly.

Postby cyprimus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:16 am

I am a veteran, who was working for the IBEW for 6 + years. A few months ago i was diagnosed with cancer, and had to get surgeries for it. As a result of missing work, and being sick from the surgeries, i was fired from the job, and marked as no rehire. I filed a grievance with the union for it but it was denied, as it" not covered in the contract". Today they have removed me from the .Unions apprenticeship program. I am on the verge of homelessness, and am trying to get water and electric hooked up to my mobile home, but with no income i cannot get anything done, i tried the Disabled American Veterans for help, they said the might, depending on funding, but it will take at least a month. I have applied for unemployment, but the contractor contested it, and it will take weeks for me to get paid, if i ever do. Its been nearly freezing out, so i have had to rent an apartment for the month, giving a promise to pay, but since i lost my job, i have no way to pay them, and will be evicted soon.

At a clannies request i posted this... and a link to help. The link is:
http://www.gofundme.com/ma1iss
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Re: Needing help badly.

Postby cyprimus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks! been very helpful! Not sure what all you see on the link, but i am at least getting progress now! Hoping to be able to move on!
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Re: Needing help badly.

Postby cyprimus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Getting progress, though the snow slowed me down on getting power and water, still hoping to get it together by the end of the month. Thanks again!
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)