Quest!!!!!! :)~

Use this forum for general discussions

Quest!!!!!! :)~

Postby Toxis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:44 am

Quest... Area Opener of new Lyme area... Mount ‘An Mystica

Quest will be Saturday, April 19th at 10pm eastern USA.

You must be on SS by 10pm on the 19th

The quest will be divided into three parts... there will be drachma if you guys are good enough to get it.

I am going to try to make it fast and quick, possibly a 3 to 4 hour quest. So pay attention and have fun. :)

-Tox
Toxis
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Yasik2 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:09 am

dont forget teh tarrasques!
Yasik2

Re: Quest!!!!!! :)~

Postby Weasel » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:11 am

[quote="Toxis":1uynf2td]I am going to try to make it fast and quick, possibly a 3 to 4 hour quest..[/quote:1uynf2td]
..so prepare to die often, and expect no mercy?

Hope I can make it. :D
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Tap » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:23 am

[quote:2cuw0zmz]I am going to try to make it fast and quick, possibly a 3 to 4 hour quest.[/quote:2cuw0zmz]

Can you make it so fast that quest is tonite on April 12?
Tap

Postby Weasel » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 am

oh 19th? for some reason I read that as 12th.. my bad.
Weasel

Postby Stryx » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Awesome, you guys go get your fun. Another quest run in the middle of the night for half of us. :evil:
Stryx
40 Prime Poster

Postby Gumbi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:36 am

Question: Is the reward just the area if 'we are not good enough for drachma' or are there items given along with drachma and the area if we're good enough for drachma?
Gumbi

Postby Tap » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:56 am

Question: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Tap

Postby Stryx » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:59 pm

[quote:2alzru01]Question: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?[/quote:2alzru01]

Who cares!

I think Gumbi is asking... If the group isn't good enough for drachma reward, then is the reward just the area, or, if the group satisfies the drachma reward are they going to get eq too (as well as a new area and drachma).

Again, 4a.m. for me so... Who cares!
Stryx
40 Prime Poster

Postby Akasha » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:38 pm

[quote="Gumbi":2jctuzr9]Question: Is the reward just the area if 'we are not good enough for drachma' or are there items given along with drachma and the area if we're good enough for drachma?[/quote:2jctuzr9]

And here's the #2 reason why I gave up on running quests. If you participate in the quest, you should do so with NO expectations. Asking what we get for playing before we even play? Shrug

Good luck Tox.

Aka
I'm not forsaken, but I am the only one.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

Postby Autolycos » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:43 pm

lmfao.... maybe i should try that with my boss.

so.. will i get a raise even if i dont do anything? and how much different would that be if i actually participated?

hahahahaha :twisted:
Autolycos

Postby *juggleblood* » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 pm

[quote:2nr6dgl2]
And here's the #2 reason why I gave up on running quests. If you participate in the quest, you should do so with NO expectations. Asking what we get for playing before we even play?

Aka[/quote:2nr6dgl2]

We look at the eqlist and we see those weekly forges and quest objs that are effectively unattainable. So we are always dying to know if there's a chance of getting something like that. Can't really fault us too much for that.

Giving out quest eq often leads to bickering and bad feelings. Giving out drachma and honor is definitely a better system. It would be nice if more of the quest eq on the eq list was available for purchase with drachma. Maybe with Rank Restrictions?

It would be interesting to take the concept a step further and give out drachma reward according to the honor rank of the pc involved in the quest. I.e. reward majors more than sergeants more than privates more than non-enrolled. It would be easy enuff to make one of those drachma splinters that does that.

One last random suggestion: put in an armory where pc's could take out eq like at the temples, but instead of sac points, it would be based on honor rank.

Anyway, looking forward to the quest!
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby jezer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:38 pm

[quote="juggleblood":2pn3ym0d]We look at the eqlist and we see those weekly forges and quest objs that are effectively unattainable. So we are always dying to know if there's a chance of getting something like that. Can't really fault us too much for that.

Giving out quest eq often leads to bickering and bad feelings. Giving out drachma and honor is definitely a better system. It would be nice if more of the quest eq on the eq list was available for purchase with drachma. Maybe with Rank Restrictions?

It would be interesting to take the concept a step further and give out drachma reward according to the honor rank of the pc involved in the quest. I.e. reward majors more than sergeants more than privates more than non-enrolled. It would be easy enuff to make one of those drachma splinters that does that.

One last random suggestion: put in an armory where pc's could take out eq like at the temples, but instead of sac points, it would be based on honor rank.

Anyway, looking forward to the quest![/quote:2pn3ym0d]

95% of Juggleblood idea's are awesomeness. 5% are weird... like that lose honur for talking in group thing... :twisted: This one falls in the 95%! Looking forward to the day they make you a coder... erm, you can code right?
jezer

Postby Rynquald » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Although it might be nice if running honor constantly didn't become a prerequisite for obtaining decent eq.

At the risk of banging on about something I've been vocal about in the past, sorting out a defined system for handling quest eq would fix a ton of problems. Not the least of which being that imms might be inclined to run more quests, which are good for more than what you get at the end, as I'm sure everyone agrees.

Drachma and honor are useful rewards for a quest, but there's a certain visceral pleasure in actual equipment being handed out.

Everyone is used to not getting what they want, both in real life and in Sloth, and obviously it would be ridiculous to hand out enough quest eq for everyone to get something. But people will always feel shafted if there's no chance at all to get it.

I've never witnessed a quest that didn't involve the feeling that the recipients of the best eq were predefined, even if only because there was no organized means of handing it out.

Before anyone responds, I would like to point out that my opinions are not based on any kind of bitterness over never being part of the "in crowd" that receives quest eq. But a desire for the mud at large to be able to enjoy having more quests again, something that I doubt will happen without the inevitable end seeming less contrived.

Edit: Didn't actually notice that this was Brad's quest thread before replying, so... Thanks for running a quest, will be looking forward to it :)
Be quiet or i'll stab you quiet -BM
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Fable » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:52 pm

Yea I just found out I will be out that Saturday ... :(

However I don't like Juggle's idea regarding the lvl of honor would be the
number of drachma one would get. Not all of us can mud 24/7 and tons
of honor.

Same with the quest eq usually being handed to leader, and tank. There
really isn't a good system on how to give quest eq out. Giving drachma is
one of the best system that was put in. Keeps everyone at a fair lvl. Also
leader, tanks, healos, blasters, and clue finders can be awarded more drachma.
I know this hasn't been brought up for awhile. But I recall Splork saying that
one day they will try to add a drachma shop that you can buy/forge the item.
This was about maybe 2yrs ago? Has this plan been put on the back burner?
Fable

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)