Re: order changes for shifted druids

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Mosaix » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:14 am

Frankly this stuff is the main reason i didnt play from July to November of this year. Got tired of the same ol same ol. And additions or upgrades for the cleric primes are not going to effect hardly anyone anyway...... so......please take a long serious look at what can be done.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby _edd_ » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:11 am

Drachma raise idea isn’t so bright because it will push people to abuse to buy some drachma stuff. I think it would be better to add more Cl Prime drachma eq to Weaver’s shop and put more quests (regular or special) to allow people earn more drachma.

Regen spell, spectral shield or equal spell for clerics and other casters and spell to boost the efficiency of the healbonus are good ideas. I’d be glad to see immortals take it up.

Ma/Cl shouldn’t get more mana/maregen then Cl/Ma except the case you have low Ins or Wis. As I know some tert and quad classes give you mana when you gain levels and other classes don’t. So that should be a reason in different amount of mana. (In other words ma/cl/dr/ne will always has more mana then cl/ma/wa/th).

And about strong and weak classes: after all my whinings I still play ma/cl/wa/th though nowdays it isn't strong classo but I can say I enjoy my playtime a lot. Once I've won RPG (don't remember name of the game, it's one from wich Autolycos steals his picture) - so, i've won this game without any kill, it wasn't easy but it was FUN.
So don't calculate your slothlife, just pick up classo you wish to play and go ahead.
_edd_

Postby *Splork* » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:25 am

A few observations;

"I'm not sure why Mage/Cleric appears to get much more mana than Cleric/Mage, (and I'm not certain that's the case, just appears to be) when winds cost so much less than restores"
Mage/cleric gets 1 more mana than a cleric/mage with same stats.

"A spell that works like spectral shield, even if its watered down id take it. "
or
"A spell that can make a cleric invincible to offensive magic spells cast on them for 1 tick. Crunchy clerics might be able to take out some mobs then. "

Spellshield basically accomplishes this already. Ive yet to see a mob which can blast down a full spellshield in less than a tic....

"A spell that works like spectral shield, even if its watered down id take it. "
We try not to add similar spells or skills to classes anymore, so this is basically out of the question.

The drachma idea could never happen at sloth. Two friends would get together and abuse the hell out of this within an hour of me adding it ingame. One player would die-the other would raise, over and over, endless loop of drachma

However, I did give cleric primes quite a bonus on successful raises half year ago.

I will up the hps to aerial and increase the proc rate on mace tonight...

I also like the spell to increase mana regen a tad. But it would most likely be avatar spell so I dont see it affecting the majority of our playerbase...shrugs, maybe not...

Enjoy,
Splork[/quote]
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Grue » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:11 am

I'd like to see an avatar version of the Dark Mace. We do it with lots of other prime skills/spells.
Grue
40 Prime Poster

Postby Qa » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:50 am

[quote="*Splork*":45gyeurc]I will up the hps to aerial and increase the proc rate on mace tonight...

Enjoy,
Splork[/quote:45gyeurc]

Thank you, I'll give it a try shortly. :)

Qa

Edit: Err, thanks in advance. :wink:
Qa
40 Prime Poster

Postby Shazuko » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:55 am

I'd like to see clerics get their own strength spell, even if its just a +1 bonus; without mage the only alternative is a necro spell thats got a -con penalty. When you dont have mage ( or necro for that matter), you need orange potions well into your 40's even if you have a nat 18/8x(str eq tends to lower ac)....although adding a cl str spell would benefit anyone with cl in their classo, I happen to have a cl prime who can solo pretty well, but he has ma for str, he would be at a disadvantage to have to use potions, or lose a pt of con when soloing to get his str up...

[quote:2c4nd5qe](don't remember name of the game, it's one from wich Autolycos steals his picture)[/quote:2c4nd5qe]
That is a picture of sir chadwick moore, esq. standing in front of vermillion train station, in the city of Tarant..the game is Arcanum, and its an excellent rpg...

Shazuko Roku Ryuu

<~Chaos~>
Shazuko
40 Prime Poster

Postby dezakin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:12 am

I think the answer to give clerics happy time is to just make the tard dark mace do an occasional proc that feeds you mana, rather than cooked up new spells. Maybe even make it more 'group friendly' by proccing more often in groups, bigger groups having jacked up happy mana rate. Maybe tie it to the number of people joining a warcry.

But so that it doesnt get into overpower right away maybe start with a real low proc rate and tweak up as seen fit rather than nerf down. Maybe the happy mana proc only hits undead/demons like the regular dark mace proc. Or maybe it only procs on mobs with the opposite allignment since cleric has the pay attention to morality thing goin on.

Or make darkmace 'base' weapons that affect how the dark mace procs. So you get some special weapon that is normally pretty lame, say 1d8 or something, and cast darkmace while wielding it and it turns into a darkmace, but different 'base' weapons have different procs. Have it work sort of similar to a bards instrument.

Or maybe everyone thinks its a goofy idea.
dezakin

Postby Weasel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:49 pm

How about giving WA primes some additional natural AC since that and HP are supposed to be the WA prime's main features, yet most other classos can achieve the same AC and/or HP and maybe more..
translation: whine whine whine whine whine blah blah
Ignore me, I'm just stirring. :twisted:
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Mosaix » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:30 pm

I tend to not look so far ahead sometimes, but yes people would abuse the drachma idea so that wouldnt work. I didnt think of it in that light.

Perhaps there is a way to award at least one cleric prime type of eq during a quest so that it gets to the healo?

I really really appreciate the ups to aerial and dark mace. I really like dezakins idea of making a avatar type dark mace that sucks in mana. That would be extremely cool. If not/also maybe the weapon stays in place until you remove it. In other words it doesnt poof when the spell ends.

I can agree to understand the thoughts on some of the other spells. The comments were fair. But if I may ask again to please make it possible for cleric primes to set mobs on fire. Would make grouping even more fun :) The spell doesnt even have to do all that much damage. Call me a pyro, just sounds like a spell a cleric might be able to cast. Again if only on evil/undead mobs. Also the total invis would be helpfull for us to run and save the masses. The handfull of cleric primes that would benefit from that shouldnt offest the mud too much, and it would make us more valuable as players to the mud as a whole.

Thanks for listening, and I truly appreciate the efforts made towards cleric primes.

Also Weasel makes an excellent point in his last post. Frankly monks make better tanks now than a warrior does. That seems goofey.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

demilich procs

Postby kjartan » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:32 pm

Ok, I am looking at the demilich, and it was casting some blast-type spells and some curse-type spells more or less randomly. It casts damnation, weaken, word of pain, destruction, a custom blast spell, and demon bind.

As I left it this morning, it only uses the curse-type spells if the target is > 1000 hp, and in that case it mostly casts the curses until they stick. Once the target is < 1000 hp or it is weakened, damned, and bound, then it switches over to blasting.

Given that it is using basically that set of spells, how would you like it to work? Should it even bother with weaken? How should it decide when to use curse-type spells and when to blast?
kjartan
Creator

Postby Aleksey » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:30 pm

Kj, problem not in what it cast or repeating binding ,damning ,problem mostly stands that you reaching av25 and geting not battle but exotic undeads
phantom - same as banshee(3x40 level undead) but 100-150 hp less , exect same number attacks , exect same damage and +hit ,ac itd,banshee in advance got +damage proc, phantom just useless 2hit reduction proc, usualy dies in first fue rounds due to luck of hp(nowdays we have not that ammount of undeads to afford kamikadze mob whose mission psudo blind mob and die fast)

Demilich nat ac so low that he dies 2s faster even than vilewight(3x40),if it tanking he averegly got chance for 1-2 disintegrates and dies
In terms of survivance av25 combo around 2s weaker than 3x40 combo
no need continue that thay do less damage cos thay dead and 3x40 combo continues fight.
In terms of damage per round bonesnarl doing much more damage and nat protected much much better

And most of all, need to do so many levels to get and see new undeads and at the end you getting complite dissapointment

Not saying that not using tham at all , using mostly in specific areas where need bind mob(for demilich)
For phantom - using tham in corpse run whan geting tired from name banshee on my screen..
5and half cents from me
Aleksey
40 Prime Poster

Postby dezakin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:56 pm

I think phantom is worse than that, like -1 hitroll for me when I tried it.

What I'd really like are for demiliches to have higher base ac and cast petrified armor on themselves. (I cant iron or stone my pets)

I tried using them but all of aleksey's points are true. They allways get killed too fast for it to be worthwhile to use em.

I'd like phantoms to at least be a little better than banshees in some respect, but theres nothing redeeming about them. Give them a little bit more hp than banshees and an armor spell and I'd use them.
dezakin

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)