Re: order changes for shifted druids

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby 12345 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:19 pm

Out of curiousity, why were the red potions removed? It was only mildly annoying when I realized it since I already had a bunch of equipment to hand down to my Valker, but I've frequently suggested that newbies buy them to make their early levels less painful. Not that everyone in the mud isn't a cleric already... but this only seems to solidify that.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Deju » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:32 pm

[quote="*kjartan*":367stkif](Note this applies to undeads, not to supps - I deliberately designed some of the supps to be pretty useless, and others aren't finished yet.) [/quote:367stkif]

Maybe I am missing something here, but why would some supps be put ingame if they are useless?
Deju
Double 40 Poster

Postby kjartan » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:55 pm

I don't regret the Kachina.
kjartan
Creator

Postby brand » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:32 pm

[quote="*kjartan*":3vfrg3do]I don't regret the Kachina.[/quote:3vfrg3do]

I also don't regret the Kachina.

post script: I do regret the Diva.
brand
Triple 40 Poster

red potions

Postby *Splork* » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:38 pm

None of us removed red potions, if they are gone its a glitch somehow.

Where and what shops were they located at?

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby 12345 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:44 pm

The Valk potion shop had them. 3n2en of recall.
The BH potion shop also had them. e3nw of recall.

Those are the only two I saw, I assumed the ones on AH and SS had followed suit. I don't recall if the dull gold potion was always sold on Valk, but I remember being kinda surprised to see it.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby deucer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:30 pm

I've been playing Sloth since this summer, created a necro prime character since that is what interests me from playing the original D&D. During that brief time I've experienced at least two downgradings of the necro classo, as far as I can tell from the level of my pc, in the hp of the juju zombie. The last one was harsh, my juju dropped 15% in hp's, if you take into account i'm still playing a 1x40 pc. Far from motivating to continue playing the classo. In addition, the juju doesn't advance in hp to the same extent anymore after leveling. So I agree with Medios' post on several items he brings up. If solo characters are not allowed to cycle bigger mobs than those from classo's that are not intended for soloing, why create followers or have the class in the first place. If players adapt their strategies to be able to handle a biggie, don't change the rules. It's not that small group of necros that is going to imbalance the total game. It's simply called growth and experience. Now, instead of rewarding those solo players with normal level advancement, they get nerfed. An example ? I play at least 5 days a week, for 5 hours at least, more during weekends. Being a careful (or slow or bad) player i manage to scrape together 40M exp when I'm lucky, barely enough to reach lvl 33 secondary. Doesn't seem like overdoing it in necro powerplay. Using the finger command (thank you imms :) very informative ) I notice level 20 players to hoard 100-140 M exp a week and leveling like mad, by joining vast groups... I don't mind. Some of them will still need their hands held when reaching 3x40 :P and be asking for the run to the guild. Medios has a good point, stating that highly experienced players will probably make any classo look overpowered when they play it. Nerfing a solo classo has tougher consequences to the player than for the typcial non-solo ones.
I don't mind pthieves - I keep a clean inventory - but I do mind running uphill in the sand, trying to develop a character and seeing the rules changed to a clear disadvantage.

Excuse me if it looks like venting an opinion, I feel strongly about my in silico character, even if it's one that plays with corpses and ghosts.

On the other side, Sloth is top, and it has a good team of dedicated, well-meaning imms. Only a pity we don't have a vote reminder. :D
See you ingame.

Deucer aka Zuuul
deucer

potion bug fixed on reboot

Postby *Splork* » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:53 pm

Alright, I snooped a keeper mob and found out that kj is indead making smarter mobs, even the keepers were grabbing the potions and ready to use them at any moment.

I have made it so that shopkeepers will not attempt to hold and use potions...

About Necromancers and Druids...

Please express your opinions, just be aware that we are trying our best to balance the game and keep it fair for everyone. I have never minded hearing people dislike or not agree with changes we have made, but I do take things to heart when people think we are intentinally trying to piss people off or screw someone over Because we definately are not. Like I just said online, simply type NEWS and see the mass amount of time, effort, and changes we have made for SlothMUD recently. The vast majority are extremely well liked and I am very happy with our Immortal team atm.

On a side note, we do not plan on anymore nerfings of these two classes. For the most part, I believe we are about as well balanced as we can be...
However, I still feel they are extremely powerful when compared to other classes, but I am fine with that, I will always believe that some classes and classos are simply better than others-and it should be that way.

Thanks for handing in ideas btw, I have a list that will keep me busy for a few more days...

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Mosaix » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:05 pm

Would be overdue to see Cleric Primes get some help. Supplication is nice, but overall we are at the bottom of the barrel. For the amount of help we supply groups, and literally keeping the mud alive each day, its time to "thank" Cleric Primes for their work. While I cant speak for every cleric prime, I would personally appreciate the help.

Some thoughts I had.

Giving one drachma for every raise a Cleric Prime performs sucessfully. That can be countered by loosing a drachma for every one failed. Keeping the raise formula as it is now.
Since quest groups most always reward the tanks and leaders, it would be a nice gesture to the clerics that often get the short hand of the quest eq. We keep them alive and end up with junk or nothing at all. The drachma would allow us to over time reach the desireable quest eq that we fail to get quest drachma for. Or even regular quest eq when it is handed out.

A spell that increases mana regen by +1 or higher.

A spell that works like spectral shield, even if its watered down id take it.

A spell that makes clerics completely invisible to all mobs, say a wizinvis type spell. Reason being to get us in and out of areas to save those who are toast and need raising.

A spell that can make a cleric invincible to offensive magic spells cast on them for 1 tick. Crunchy clerics might be able to take out some mobs then.

A spell that boosts the efficency of the healbonus for the caster.

Have more mobs, and/or convert more mobs to be injured and damaged by heals cast on them so we can use our strenghts as a weapon. Evil/Undead mobs for example could be hurt.

Most of all, id love it if Cleric Primes could cast a spell that could at least be done to evil/undead mobs, if not all mobs, set them on fire for 2 ticks.
Be a great group spell.

I love the mud, its fun, you guys do a fantastic job. Ive been here since 1994 and plan on being here for a while longer.

Cleric Prime needs some help......hook us up.....please and thank you :)

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:41 pm

:shock:
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Cami » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:25 am

Mosaix rocks!

I agree that Clerics could use some help, and I love those suggestions. I would be thrilled to see even 1 or 2 implemented. Every little bit helps. It's pretty tough for Cleric primes right now, without a lot of external reward.

Thanks for the great ideas Mosaix, I hope they get a serious look.
Cami

Postby *Splork* » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:53 am

I hate to say it, but I really don't see us doing all too much more for clerics for quite some time. Kj is debating opening up more supplicants to cleric classes which are lower in the class order but besides that, its not really on the discussion board.

Our mud still revolves around the cleric class. Without it, you are simply going to struggle.

Cleric class as a prime is not meant to be a soloer, if you can solo with them, great, but their purpose is to be a group character and help keep other people alive as well as raise them when they die.

I have been debating amping servants hps and the proc rate on their prime spell weapon though...

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Cami » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:50 am

Thanks for the reply and the honesty Splork. Sometimes it's nice just to know where things stand :)

Clearly, cleric primes are not meant to be solo chars. But it's tough to be the cleric support when our mana doesn't stack up to other chars. Some of the suggestions by Mosaix address this, and almost all of his suggestions are group oriented, not helping the cleric solo.

I'm not sure why Mage/Cleric appears to get much more mana than Cleric/Mage, (and I'm not certain that's the case, just appears to be) when winds cost so much less than restores. When I'm in for heals, I'm tapped out fast, but when I'm blasting, I can much longer..so it would seem Clerics have the need of a way to boost mana/regen some how, to be better balanced.

A spell to boost mana regen, or a spectral shield type of spell for clerics, or even just cleric prime would help to balance that out.

These are just my thoughts, I feel like such a second class citizen at times. It's almost as though cleric primes really don't have many special skills to make them valuable. Mage/Clerics seem to raise as well as Cleric/Mage but they have the firepower boost, as well as more inherent mana. I'm not sure if the regen rates are higher.

I chose Cleric prime without knowing very much about this mud, and I've invested a lot of time in this char, but I would not recommend my classo now based on what I've seen and learned. That is why I think it needs a little something to balance it.

Cami
Cami

Postby Mosaix » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:56 am

Clerics do a lot of work for the benefit of the mud and other players. Thats fine its part of the reason why I picked the classo that i did.
Its time for the work and time spent to match up to some sort of fun/reward.

Thanks.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Clerics

Postby Qa » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:03 am

[quote="*Splork*":2gmnp9fg]I have been debating amping servants hps and the proc rate on their prime spell weapon though...
[/quote:2gmnp9fg]

Cleric primes need something. Take a look at my death rate trying to pop myself Avatar Attack SBs. It's so brutal even Frost was surprised.

Please consider doing something. Either dial us up, or nerf everone else.

Qa
Qa
40 Prime Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)