Post Office

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Autolycos » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:04 pm

MOM!!! Medios stole my crayons again! :evil:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Ezekiel » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:19 pm

First, I'd like to apologize for my comments about the admin and splork toward their character. They do work hard and are rarely lauded for their work, providing us with the mud I've been able to enjoy for 7 years now. That having been said, I retaliated against ship blocking action, an idea that was introduced to me by pthieves themselves. I did not know there was a limit on number of items that a post office can handle. Seeing as how I am not one that likes to call to immortals about every little thing, as I have seen mixed responses to such things before, I figured I could handle this issue myself. Anything I can handle myself...i usually do, especially when it comes to pthieves. I am sorry that splork had to hear all the bitching about the post office being broken and that probably added to the wrath that fell upon me. At the time, I believe I did what was right under the circumstance. Again, had I known there was a limit, I would have told Splork about the issue first. I do not expect imms to forsee such flaws in the code...but I do expect them to act with reason and empathy when someone was simply trying to screw over a pthief any way that they can, especially a way that they had been screwed over. Splork knows I am not one to brown-nose or at any time let someone threaten me with power, which can be both bad and good at times. Again, I want to thank the imms for the kick ass mud they provide us and redress all the hostile words previusly listed here. After reading Medios' short post I did realize that this was unintentional from all sides and maybe things could have been handled differently by all involved. I sure hope shipping is reinstated and that the issue clears itself up because I would hate this to affect the entire mud unintentionally.

Cheers mud,
Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Double 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:19 pm

thucking fiefs! :twisted:
Weasel

Postby Weasel » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:22 pm

btw, if a bug is discovered by a player and not reported but used / abused to that player's advantage instead, is that grounds for at least delevelling still? This is not regarding the shipping issue btw, which wasn't really an advantageous use of a feature imho, it was just playing smart and using the tools available. heh.

cheers
Weasel

Postby 12345 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:11 pm

MMMmmm... lutefisk. *drool*
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby brand » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:58 pm

man i hope sloth stamps don't go up 2 cents each next year :twisted:
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Ezekiel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:22 am

Seeing Weasel's post did remind me of a post a while back by Jake pertaining to tricks. Many times people exploit bugs and that is illegal. But Jake supported the idea of players using "tricks" (backdoor ways to kill or perform actions without manipulating code) because those players that do so are showing their knowledge and prowess with the tools they are given. Where was Splork's outcry when people used the hunt bug (note: an actual bug!) was exploited by many to vastly overpower chars to solo things that were not designed for solo. No...after a long while, and no scapegoat, this was simply changed with no further ado. Where IS his outcry when people still get huge mobs to fight other huge mobs by taking advantage of the fact that no safeguards were put in to prevent such killing, shitfing power to only those that as he says "don't use implements correctly." There was no bug in this situation. If there had been an option to refuse package...and there was a way for me to prevent that refusal through a bug and I shipblocked a pthief's chars that way, I could understand Splork's calling me an abuser. However, seeing as how I only shipped about 45 rations (which I was accused of shipping 1,000 btw), and seeing as how this was clearly a trick, a tool of the game, and not a bug, I don't see in essence how any imm could say shit about this situation. Good riddance. Why not start looking at the difference between abusing code and using tricks...and what Jake has said he supports.

-Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Double 40 Poster

Postby blackmore » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:11 pm

[quote="Weasel":oqr3qrf5]btw, if a bug is discovered by a player and not reported but used / abused to that player's advantage instead, is that grounds for at least delevelling still? This is not regarding the shipping issue btw, which wasn't really an advantageous use of a feature imho, it was just playing smart and using the tools available. heh.

cheers[/quote:oqr3qrf5]

Everything on sloth is case by case. It generally depends on how obvious it is that what you're doing is the result of a bug (such as sneaking temp eq off lyme or finding ways to gate to lyme/valk when you don't have the proper levels, etc), and your reputation on sloth.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Shadis » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:13 pm

remove pthieving and you will not have these types of problems

I bet if someone found a way to gain easy xp or items they would code a fix asap

and lastly

waaahhhh i don't wanna code a fix wannna the mortals are abusing my code wahhh wahhh wahhh

you gotta be kidding me
*All opinions posted here are entirely mine and thus are worth less then the 1's and 0's they are typed with!*
Shadis
40 Prime Poster

Postby Medios » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:23 pm

Whats the problem with using mobs to fight other mobs. I think theres spells called animate dead and summon and supplication that does just that. Why is it wrong to find mobs that area or quake and figure out ways to get other things in the room with them. A long time ago we could charm different things and even ride thick mounts into different mobs and use them. This stuff was all changed pretty quickly so Im thinking the tricks that are out there are known and deemed fair. BTW alot of times when you get something fighting this way it may take up to an hour to place your stuff correctly. A crash or anything can mess it up. I really like being smart about your fighting. I think it sets us apart from the hack slash mentality.

Mike

PS Jim do you ever have anything decent or even remotely smart to say. All I ever see in your posts if you crying and now your gonna mock someone who spends his time to make the game better. I guess the reason you talk so much shit is because you cant cut it here and dont play.
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby Dasji » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:51 pm

Most likely, it can probably be tied to the fact that every mud he has ever been part of admin wise, has absolutely tanked. This speaks volumns of Jim. There are very few people who would belittle a successful mud and its admin when they themselves are an utter failure at the same hobby, it just so happens that Shadis is one of them...
Dasji

Postby Shadis » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:40 pm

Gee did i strike a nerve?
perhaps, Mike you are so deperately addicted to sloth that you blindly defend splork because you are afraid he may take his ball and go home?

If you had a rational thought in your head you would see the irony of an imm whining and crying about coding and mortals abusing his code

Dasji - its kinda sad you have so much knowledge about me ..get help
*All opinions posted here are entirely mine and thus are worth less then the 1's and 0's they are typed with!*
Shadis
40 Prime Poster

Postby brand » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:18 pm

Post Office is a 1971 novel written by Charles Bukowski. In the same way that Ham On Rye can be said to be an autobiographical account of Bukowski's childhood, then 'Post Office' may be said to be an autobiographical account of Bukowski's later years.

'Post Office' is the second novel by Charles Bukowski to feature his autobiographical anti-hero, Henry Chinaski. It covers the period of Bukowski's life from the mid-1950s to his resignation from the United States Postal Service in 1969. During this time, Chinaski/Bukowski worked as a mail carrier for a number of years. After a brief hiatus, in which he supported himself by gambling at horse races, he returned to the Post Office to work as a sorter.

It was this longevity of employment that allowed Bukowski to quit the Post Office and write full-time. Black Sparrow Press owner, John Martin, offered Bukowski 100 dollars per month for life, if Bukowski would quit working for the post office. He agreed and Post Office was written within a month.
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby osric » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Indeed, the chapter about delivering the mail in the rain is one of my all time favorite pieces of american literature! Thanks for the reminder Brand. :P
osric
Double 40 Poster

Postby Medios » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:42 pm

Im not addicted to sloth anymore so than I am addicted to marijuana. I do enjoy playing sloth but to say that I am afraid Rick will leave the game is utter nonsense. I could honestly care less if the game went down tomorrow. In fact there are alot of other real life things that could easily take the place of slothmud. Basically my whole point of posting is that you come on this message board and cry all the time. I remember when stab lag was added and you quit playing. So if you dont play this game why do come here and berate immortals and players alike. Does trolling this board give you a sense of power. Do you get a hard dick every time you come here and poke fun at someone that doesnt know you. The part about rational thinking is especially fun. If you rationally looked at the posts here, was Rick crying about people abusing his code? He was stating the fact that nobody mentioned the ship problem to him and because of that it culminated into a problem for the whole game. Words were exchanged and like Rick does he got mad and said **** it. I really cant blame him at all. See he likes sloth and unlike you he comes here to create a positive influence. Lemme show you the way you are Jim.

[quote="Shadis":1pb5sy6a]I realize this is probably old news but since i hardly play anymore i feel the need to say this

The dumb ass Immort who made Treasures and Dreams Square
a stealable room your a ******* moron and a loser
It is sad that your life is so desperate that you have to come up with moronic ways to mess with people but then again the immort who made the change probably is the biggest pthief on the mud anyways[/quote:1pb5sy6a]

[quote="Shadis":1pb5sy6a]"Oh look a pthief! He must be a fat kid whom nobody talks to irl and had no toys when he was young because his parents hate him." "

I've always thought

Oh look a pthief! He must be a disgruntled immort who is pissed off the mortal do not bow and scape at his feet for thanks at all the work he does so he pthieves from them to get even!"

2nd Splork - I've always thought you were a moron and an asshole since day one, so why does my post suprise you?

3rd - min bid on my dragon skull?

4th - nice of KJ to anounce personal eq is being changed, how about re-imbursing Avatar on the item he lost then?[/quote:1pb5sy6a]

You have a negative attitude ,attest to the fact that you dont play anymore, and you dont like Rick. I guess this post is irrational since thats the only thoughts I have so Ill leave it at that.

Mike
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)