Level loss

Use this forum for general discussions

Level loss

Postby 13 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:26 pm

The fact that you can lose a ******* tertiary level is absolutely retarded. I don't care if someone looks at the code and tells me it's 1/1000, it's still a
******* crock of shit. 270mil AND 2mil coins is a bit ******* much. I'd like
to extend a well-deserved Fu ck You to whoever came up with that clever
idea, and furthermore encourage to go lose some tert levels on their 3x40
or Avatar characters and see how goddamn 'fair' or fun it is.

ouks,
Aaron
Last edited by 13 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Guinex » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:34 pm

Hmmmm, never lost a quad level before.....That possible too?
Guinex
Double 40 Poster

Postby Grue » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:09 pm

I fail to understand why people think by posting foul language on the crier it makes what they are saying any more effective. Do you honestly think that using a string of four letter words is going to make anyone rethink anything? All it does is make you sound like a badly-raised piece of trash.

I don't know if you your parents never paid you any attention and maybe just didn't care how you spoke, or you learned it from them, but if one my kids spoke or wrote the way that your (and some others) do on this web-site, they would well-and-truly get it.

Grow up, get a life, learn some anger management techniques, work out was is really important, learn some social skills, get a girlfriend/boyfriend, do whatever you have to help get your behavior under control, but please don't post your trash here. I am well and truly tired of it, and I am sure I am not alone.
Grue
40 Prime Poster

Postby Vixn » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:10 pm

[quote="Guinex":127pdp9f]Hmmmm, never lost a quad level before.....That possible too?[/quote:127pdp9f]

yes, just added this special feature for Aa only.

*comf*
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Bazilus » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:16 pm

Sorry :) has not had time to raise... But, really you think lost much exp and gold?

Its only game... :)
Bazilus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:04 pm

My condolences 13. hmm. Guess we should try to always make sure we have an additional 300mil unused exp on top of what we require to level at any given time.. what is the max (if there is one) on unused exp btw? obviously over 2bil since we have 2bil exp tokens.. I heard a while back there is a max not far over that point, but never tested it personally.. if there is, please can a coder adjust it to be 2bil + whatever the maximum level loss on death can be? ..just to keep the playing field balanced..
Weasel

Postby 13 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:12 pm

Hey Grue why don't you either identify your character ingame when you call
me a poorly-raised piece of trash or shut your ******* mouth? I didn't think so you weak-ass anonymous piece of shit. I realize there is a character ingame named Grue, but I would almost bet that with those levels and your
seeming-attentiveness to the crier that it's not your main. Unless you're the
one who implemented tertiary level-loss I wasn't talking to you so go take
a ******' hike and mind your own business. Or send me a tell ingame and
we can discuss this more.

oh wait -- hang on Riurik/Harq, I'll be seeing you ingame buddyroo.

Postby Leaf » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:35 pm

HAHAHAHA
We all know AA is a Red Neck :)

MUCHO LOVE AA, MUCHO LOVE!!!

Also comfert on lvl lost. I've lost a 3rd before and it SUCKS!!!

But it's just a game, and u mud too much anyways :p
Last edited by Leaf on Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaf

Postby Clink » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:36 pm

I don't know what it is, but I always get a good chuckle out of it these days when Aaron gets all riled up.

Peace

Clink
Clink
Greater God

Postby blackmore » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:39 pm

[quote="Grue":li8agq3z]I fail to understand why people think by posting foul language on the crier it makes what they are saying any more effective. Do you honestly think that using a string of four letter words is going to make anyone rethink anything? All it does is make you sound like a badly-raised piece of trash.

Grow up, get a life, learn some anger management techniques, work out was is really important, learn some social skills, get a girlfriend/boyfriend, do whatever you have to help get your behavior under control, but please don't post your trash here. I am well and truly tired of it, and I am sure I am not alone.[/quote:li8agq3z]

I have 2 kids, and I'm possibly the most anal person I know about how they talk around the house, and I use the same restraint. My reasoning is that they're going to learn to swear without my help, I'll help them to learn not to swear. That being said, I don't feel the need to parent everyone else that I come across, nor do I presume they are socially inept. I work in an office of married parents, none of whom I would place in any of the categories you stated above, yet we would all be censored a dozen times a day if our speech went through sloth's censors, not to mention the comments made that censors don't pick up but are frequently worse.

Not that I'm defending Aa's post, but your post demonstrates a narrow view of our world that discounts a large percentage of the real world as being socially incompetent, loners, immature or raised improperly.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 13 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:48 pm

I agree Dean. I have a pair of boys 7 and 3 years old and I have to censor
myself around them constantly. As far as stringing together some four-letter
words, well, I think **** YOU gets people's attention a lot faster than 'I am
currently angry with you.' In the words of my older boy 'you're not the boss
of me.' If you don't like it, don't read it bitch. If you see a post by 13 you
can almost bet the farm there will be a couple swear words in it whether I'm
angry or not. I'm coarse, deal with it.

Postby 12345 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:22 pm

Aa has the credentials to curse. We have similar background and it's insanely difficult not to curse and drink like a fish... nature of the job. Only one I know who managed to avoid it was a severe mormon who followed a code of ethics that Jesus would have trouble living up to.

Tert level loss in very rare. Quad and Avatar level loss is impossible unless you anger the gods... an even them Splork only set Polk's tert levels to 0.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Riurik » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:38 pm

Heh :) Cool, came home and found my name being dragged through this thread. OK, well since i've been dragged into this, let me add to it.

1) Yes we know you are coarse, that is hardly news.

2) Riurik/Harq/Mooch/Rhialto and Grue are all shared by 4 people, as well as Grue and tons of newbie I have mucked around with, in fact I have about 30 chars. I only have 2 characters I do not share with these folks. This should not be news, I have posted this before. I am pretty sure Stan Walker posted this today as Grue as only 3 of them have Grue's Sloth password, but I would be cautious about doing anything to Riurik or Harq, beacuse if I am in him I will be royally pissed off with you. Stan is hardly ever online anymore because he came back and pretty much gave up again, I am online a lot and you are much more likely to run into me. If you think you want to take this out on me online, I'd suggest you rethink and keep it here.

3) If Stan (who I suspect posted this) is being told to "deal with it" I suggest you do the same. If his post pisses you off, well your post pissed him off. Frankly I find your language obnoxious as well, I just ignore it the same way I ignore the content of your posts that contain the language.

4) Stan uses Grue to post precisely because he does not play much anymore, and I asked him not to use my active chars names. If you want I will ask him to register his own name as Stan or something else, but I fail to see what difference it makes.

Having said that, let me pose a serious question. If Aaron were to gossip this online he would be noshouted (I guess pretty permanently, given the his nature). Yet the same group of people who use gossip as a public channel on the MUD, use the forum as a public channel on the Crier, and the Crier is hosted on the same box is it not? So if we restrict language using a public channel on medium, why should it even be vaguely acceptable with the same audience on the same hardware on another medium?

As far as the views expressed by "Grue" I endorse them 100%. I find your language unpleasant and unneccesary, Aaron, and frankly you can be thankful that I for one am "Not the boss of you" because I would fire your unpleasant little backside so fast you wouldn't even see the door on the way out. I have actually fired staff for using less offensive language than you routinely use.

As far as dealing with it goes, you can be assured that whenever you post things like you did I will do exactly what "Grue" did and tell you what a moron you are being if noone else does. If you don't like that by all means find me online. I have a 14 year old who also shares my chars and reads the crier, and I don't see why he should be expsoed to you crap here anymore then on gossip.

Riurik/Mooch/Harq/Rhialto/Illich/Lots of other chars aka Pete
Riurik

Postby Sind » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:49 pm

bark bark :arrow:
Sind
40 Prime Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:59 pm

Weasel

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)