Hello All, From an Old-Schooler...

Use this forum for general discussions

Hello All, From an Old-Schooler...

Postby Zorich » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:59 pm

Hey All,

I'm sure hardly any of you remember this username. It's been over 7 years since I've played on SlothMUD and it was by chance I came across the SlothMUD III Website. Needless to say, I got pretty excited to see how you're all still thriving in the face of the graphical MMORPGs and such. My hats off to all of you... Especially you Brian (Jake). Man, it's been forever since I just bs'ed with ya... Hope everything is well, and congrats again on keeping this place running for so long.

Brings back good memories seeing all this...

I miss my blue-edged dagger(s) btw...

I'll check back from time to time - so if you remember me, please, post and I'll reply!
~~ Zorich {Aka Remus, Aka Zaras, Aka Shadows}
~~ 40M, 40C, 36W {SlothMUD I}
~~ 40C, 40W, 40M {SlothMUD II}
~~ 40C, 40W, 40M {SlothMUD III}
~~ Creator: Ethereal & Elemental Planes.
Zorich

Postby 13 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:05 pm

Dannnnnnnn, what's up dude.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Zorich » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:10 pm

Wow - someone remembers my name, affectations and all.

What's up? I've looked at your profile and got no clue what-so-ever of who you may be.
Zorich

Postby 13 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:16 pm

it's aaron, prob remember me as Cubby Virgin or Riceman
long time no see. I haven;t seen a single person here with a gnarled bloody or blue-edged yet...damnit.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Zorich » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:32 pm

Ahhh, Cubby definitely rings a bell. Riceman too to some extent - but for some reason I think I remember Cubby from a few quests I either ran or participated in.

And yeah, those blue-edged daggers were friggin phenominal. Did Jake ever put them back in after the player wipe? Heh, I remember when we'd have a long run (MH, Ether, DemonWeb, SS, etc...) I'd usually have like 4 spots in the healing order because of my regen rates in combat. Before it got tweaked it used to have a 16% chance of giving 2d10 Mana. It eventually got nerfed a bit, but was still amazing at a 6% of giving 2d10 Mana.

I don't remember the Gnarled Bloody too well, but thinking about this did bring the Specularem back to mind. Jeez, that was the most overpowered item in the game - EVER!

It's funny - a big part of the reason I stayed on so long in SlothIII despite having gotten a full-time job and moved on from college was that I hated the idea of all that quest EQ going to waste. Heh. If it hadn't been for the player wipe, I'd probably still have been logging in with my same old Zorich and his array of rare items.

So what have you been doing with yourself man?
Zorich

Postby 12345 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:13 pm

[quote="Zorich":8ino2jxl]I don't remember the Gnarled Bloody too well, but thinking about this did bring the Specularem back to mind. Jeez, that was the most overpowered item in the game - EVER![/quote:8ino2jxl]
Still in game, though it can't be rented or leave Lyme :) It's even got a few cousins now as well.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Axtrel » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:42 pm

Its been awhile, but I remember loving the midgaard runs with Elsol and yourself.

Asreil W:40 Ma:40 {Sloth II}
Axtrel

Postby Zorich » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:03 am

[quote="Axtrel":2nva8jjg]Its been awhile, but I remember loving the midgaard runs with Elsol and yourself.

Asreil W:40 Ma:40 {Sloth II}[/quote:2nva8jjg]

Oh yeah! We used to positively camp that area. It was a great 4-Man, and a decent 3-Man if ya had a good group. Of course, groups tended to go from 3-Man to 10+ Man really quickly back in the days.
Zorich

Postby Grue » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:13 am

So you gonna come back and play? :)
Grue
40 Prime Poster

Postby Zorich » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:25 pm

[quote="Grue":36dcduhi]So you gonna come back and play? :)[/quote:36dcduhi]

Probably not. If I do, it'll be just to get a char up high enough to gossip and such and BS with people. [Unless Jake wants to give me an Immortal to make an area with ;)]

I've already got my gaming fix in World of Warcraft and even that I really don't give enough time to as of late. I think my guild might be a little ticked that I'm not in enough Raid instances lately.
Zorich

Return to General Chat (Registered)