masterful spells

Use this forum for general discussions

masterful spells

Postby *Splork* » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:19 pm

Changed a couple of the masterful casted spells:

1)A masterful vision will no longer show a player's eq, which was rather silly since the location of the player that everyone wanted to see scrolled too far because of this. The visioner will now be told the area location of that player-slightly more useful :P

2)A masterful curse will no longer toss a small blast at its target. This was rather bad because it would draw the player into battle-which is not very good.

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby Avatar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:09 am

That rocks, especially #2!

Thanks Splork!
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Corwin » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:38 pm

seeing as how casters get to see when they cast a masterful spell, wouldn't it be cool if non-casters could see masterful effects from their skills? just a though, i know this is/would be alot of work, but it seems only fair...why shouldn't my masterful flail have cool effects that i could see?
Corwin

Postby kjartan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:56 pm

Masterful spells come from the spellcraft skill. I don't know if there's an equivalent that would be good for other skills.
kjartan
Creator

Postby firebrand » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:32 pm

maybe call it something like craft mastery. maybe let us choose skills such as weapon-of-choice/specialization/mastery/grandmastery (each one a pre-requisite for being able to read the next one since they build upon each other - either that or let the skill advance with actual usage), dual-wielding mode, ummmm damn. i'm too sober to flesh this idea out more but you sorta kinda get my idea
Yeah bringing you another disturbing creation from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference and gets stupified.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Icefyre » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:53 am

Thieves get to see a "masterful" circle - burying the weapon to the hilt.

I don't know what would be equivalent for flail or strike etc.
Icefyre

Postby 13 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 am

I don't know about dual-wield, unless it was Wa-Prime only *MAYBE*, probably not. I would certainly like to be able to specialize one physical skill though for sure as a non-tard and then tree it to next one at maybr 30 ava ?

**EDIT monks get a kidney shot strike 1/100 or something, but as much as strike misses it's really negligible.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby 12345 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:06 am

I noticed that... my strike went from hitting practically every time to missing quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's a difference in the skill or the mobs I'm hitting though. It still connects often enough that I wouldn't think of using a weapon other than a spec.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Return to General Chat (Registered)