My best wishes to almost all of you.

Use this forum for general discussions

My best wishes to almost all of you.

Postby fyrstenheart » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Medios wrote:
~~~1. Webbed and slept a newbie for apparent auction misunderstanding.
~~~2. Snaked Taliesins mob, then webbed and slept him for claiming something he had been killing for hours.
~~~3 Put a nightmare on Daedalus for an hour.
~~~4 Generally trash talked everyone on gossip including Ezekiel (who i hold the utmost respect for).
~~~5. Called Splork a liar.

1. As usual, someone is a little short on facts or brains or both. Webbed, yes. Slept by a Wa/Mo/Cl/Ne? I didn't even know I had that spell. I was a little short on "wash that dirty mouth out with soap" spell, so the silence spell had to suffice. The language directed at me just overstepped the line a little too much. I can see Shival standing up for someone else with a dirty mouth. Perhaps he would prefer a mud where any language goes. I certainly don't believe so and I acted on those beliefs. This I would do again under the same circumstances. I also think this was a pretext more than anything, and anyone's saying Shival was justified in causing me hours and hours of downtime through webbing, tossing, silencing, and sleep spells on numorous occasions would be an affront to any independent thinkers. It's one thing to do that to me, but when he's blinding one week old newbies that are grouped with me simply because they are there, I don't believe that that is showing very much good sense.

2. Again, get your facts straight before trying to present it. More below.

3. I'm definitely guilty of that and at the time it was quite an amusement to me. I don't say this to antagonize, but rather because it's true. Daedalus, I know next to nothing about you and I really can't say much about you. You killed my spiritwatcher, because you either believed I didn't have the right to call it whatever I wanted or you were blindly supporting Shival whether right or wrong. As the dogs as a clan apparently have to decided to harass me, then you being a member of such a clan would make yourself a target for retaliation. I should also say, however, that the only reason you ended up with the nightmare was simply because Shival had just logged out and I didn't want to waste it. When you then asked on gossip 'At what point is this harassment?' after myself having been the target of constant harassment, I couldn't help but laugh. Your dieing, however, as it was later related to me was not my intent, but I have to admit that there wasn't any remorse there either. All I can say on this is that this shouldn't have happened.

4. Accusing me of trash talking everyone....hmm...quite interesting. As far as I am concerned, Shival is the only trash in this whole mud. As far as Ezekiel goes, I hope he had a good chuckle. Apologies are offered to Ezekiel, but only if they're necessary. This I say for everyone. Ezekiel only needs my apologies if I have overestimated him in which case I have made a mistake.

5. Splork. What to say about this. Whenever I think of him, I simply think 'Splork is Splork'. I have always liked him which is something which I certainly didn't want to advertise. When it comes to muds I like to stay away from imms altogether when possible. I don't want to be involved in currying favors or get involved in things players have no business with. At times I have taunted the imms a little here and there and that has defintely help me keep my distance. Imms are expected to deal impartially and objectively and that is something else I wouldn't want to get in the way of. I'm a little pissed of with Splork when it comes right down to it. He's made all of this just a little harder for me. I do, however, commend him for his objectivy and impartiality (notwithstanding that we are all human.) I could say a few other things about Splork, but that's none of your business. As far as lies are concerned I do remember Shival telling me how Splork told him about my emails to him. There were no such emails. I haven't done any dope or booze for a while, so I think I would have remembered writing such emails. I asked Splork about this after Shival had this twisted idea that I tattled on him or something. As it is I totally missed the rantings of Shival and his showing off 'linguistic skills' on that particular occasion. So if I were to call anyone a liar, Shival would be it.

~~~but I am telling everyone to either choose sides or stay the hell out of our way. My clan will not condone Fyrstenhearts actions and will ~~~not allow bullying, mistreatment, or shit talking to any players on this mud.
Here we have yet another example of 'do as we say, think as we do, or you'll pay.' Disagreement, no matter on what subject doesn't seem to be easily handled by certain parties. We already have that 'spellbook in title' thread showing exactly the same thing. The irony and hypocrisy is just a little too much there.

Blackmore wrote:
~~~but it doesn't seem necessary any more, so I'll give the short version
We'll stick to the short version, even though it doesn't cover the fact that I was a little pissed at Tal for saying that the strike book would go to someone else. This was a mitigating factor as was my generally aggravated state. Perhaps Tal was predisposed to a less amicable attitude towards me as well, because of all of Shival's stirrings. Tal, since I have never had any negative dealings with you before, I can openly offer my apology for this situation. There was a wrong place and time and a lot of grey that day.

Following are some odd notes for different people not necessarily in any meaningful order:

Forest - I do not like the fact that you killed me twice, but do very much respect the fact that this was done with a sense of honor, loyalty, and I also commend you for not leaving your integrity at home.(What a fool I am - you were probably home, too.)

Shival - You are trash. Your foul mouth should be permanently sealed. I do not see your f-words on public channels or any channels being very condusive to much of anything. You don't condone my actions - that's fine; I have no problem with that, yet why do you turn around and do just the thing that you profess not to condone? I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that you're garbage when it concerns this mud, but I won't presume to speak for everyone like others like to do.

Ezekiel, Shazuko, Firebrand: Thank you for having brains and providing stimulating conversation and also maintaining a good grip on reality.

Gul: Thanks for just being a nice guy and also having that capacity for objectivity.

Most of everyone else: It's been fun. During times when I personally helped you with things, it was simply because I thought of you as just good and decent people. My instincts didn't lead me astray there, and as I've asked many of you before, just stay quiet and stay out of it lest you get attacked by Shival and his dogs (what an apt name that is).

Now that I've said all that, I want to thank the imms for providing a very addictive mud and not thank you for that same reason.

If you think I'm leaving the mud simply because of Shival's crap, then you are wrong. While his actions are factors (I really don't want to get dragged down to his level. I have no use his crap and it has no positive influence on me.), this morning I finally decided to leave for my own good and also the good of others (this doesn't just include people in the mud - my wife would be very happy to know this, too, if only she knew). There are other things to be done, changes to be made, commitments and responsibilities to deal with.

Before getting all my characters wiped (some of you are thinking 'why do that?' or 'sell to me' - it's the best thing for me to do personally.), I do want to give away my eq to some of the nicer people in the mud along with about 150 mil gold. If i don't it, it won't make a difference in the long run, but why waste it? Of course, I still have to locate my eq first and it will take a bit to get everything figured out.

So long. Let it be.

Fyrstenheart, Asteras, Astras, Ashda, Drakis, et al.
fyrstenheart

Postby kjartan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:50 pm

I have no idea about any of these mortal affairs, but I will say: grats on having the idea to sic a nightmare on another player. You were the first person I heard of doing that while actually intending to annoy the victim. The gods, at least some of us, were much amused.
kjartan
Creator

Postby blackmore » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:02 pm

I thought about it a long time ago, but I wouldn't do it to anyone - well, not until it was done to me. Then I stormed him to awf first, then put the nightmare on him. That would have been fun if I weren't trying to get work done at the same time.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:17 pm

Have to say, my own experuence is that the people who really leave either go very quietly, or post some little goodbye note. those who post 2 page diatrabes almost never actually go. I'd be suprised if this was the end.
Pete

Postby 13 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:35 pm

[img:wobubw1n]http://hem.passagen.se/weeloba/bilder/scaredkitty.jpg[/img:wobubw1n]
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Chainer » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:15 am

Nice one aa, i personally liked the cat :D
@o@
Chainer

Postby Medios » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:59 am

I will apologize for not being logged in 24 hours a day to know the exact details of all the grievances against you. I do know that theres alot more stuff as well. As far as our clan sticking up for each other there really isnt an explanation for that, its how we ride. I understand some players have seen a nicer side of you, this is something I dont know. I do know that I have played sloth on and off for at least 8 or 9 years and have rarely seen something like this played out. Usually all the trouble comes from pthieves which are easily disposed of. Sloth really isnt a good place to try and not get along with ppl. For the most part we all like and help each other. Since your leaving, I bid farewell.

Mike
Medios

Hopefully Fyrstenheart will get the last laugh...

Postby dt » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:59 am

I also was absent during the beginning stages of this set of events. I however, know Fyrstenheart well enough to know that he more than likely
was provoked and reacted as such. While tempers have indeed flaired, it's
pretty plain that since he was not one of the 'status quo' that he had no choice but to accept and deal with constant harrassment. One maybe 2 death pkills I might be able to follow but the level this was taken was very
unnecessary. I as well as others have enjoyed their time MUD'ding here knowing Fyrstenheart. I hope if he does indeed quit that he first make a char to recall 'certain chars' during an important battle and push their sorry asses to a peace room. Over and over...
dt

Postby 13 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:38 pm

Hi Dt!
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Re:13

Postby dt » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:50 pm

Lo :roll:
dt

A side note, supp

Postby Avatar » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:36 am

Just as a side note, the first time I supp'd for a nightmare I set it on Jake. I don't think he even noticed, I know you guys don't "regen", but a few of us got a kick out of it :)

Charles
Triple 40 Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)