druid lights?

Use this forum for general discussions

druids

Postby Avatar » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:54 pm

I agree it follows previous experience that only the top form would be used. I think druids feel it more though because there are so few skills / spells that can be used in combination with shifting. I don't know all the details, but for example there could have been:

Natural Fighting - druid skill - enhances combat abilities for some attacks that consist of a claw/claw/bite routine when the skill check is successful.

Tail Slap - druid skill - Druid learns to use a tail when shifting to forms that have a tail pinned on them. Tail slap does some minor combat damange, command acts like a kick. Larger forms may be able to knock targets off balance. Largest forms may be able to hit multiple targets.

Breathe Specialty - druid skill - Even dragons aren't born with perfect skill at breath weapons. This practice allows a creature to get the most benefit from breathing elements at her targets. (reduced save chance? reduced mana cost? only applies on successful skill roll)

etc etc, gotta get back to work :)
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Pine » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:17 pm

I agree whole-heartedly with Avatar's "more dynamic shifting" comments. It would be great if a croc were as powerful as a wurm but only in water, and other forms such as roc would suffer penalties in water etc. etc. etc. That way a level 40 and above druid would have a few forms to choose from in combat depending on the area. It might also help druids solo better at lower levels where they have poor AC. i.e. The croc at level 32 would get better XP in water, but only water, so it shouldn't be overpowered.

As far as druids not being able to use very many other skills while shifted, maybe druids could choose a small subset of skills that would be available while shifted depending on CLASSO. i.e. a druid cleric could choose to carry over magic lantern or create food or something that is convenient but not too powerful in combat.

I also think it would be really cool if druid primes had a specialty form determined by their secondary class. i.e. Druid/Thief would be a tiger with some surprise/sneak capabilities etc., Druid/Cleric unicorn with a bless spell or something, Druid/Bard would turn into Michael Jackson and freak all the mobs out while singing pop 80s tunes etc etc etc.
Pine

Postby *Splork* » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:23 pm

This light will no longer disappear when a druid shapeshifts-after tonight's reboot anyways...

I like Avatar's ideas but most of us simply have very little time to do much for the mud, so I don't see us messing with forms till the summer is over.

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby PvtDeth » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:06 pm

Now that's service! As long as we're making requests... I never have liked the way my char tends to "die" when I "run out" of "hp."

Also, whenever I buy stuff, the amount of coins that it costs--- (get this)--- disappears from my inventory!

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. :wink:
PvtDeth

Postby Alberich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 pm

while we're on the subject of little annoying thingie...

you can read gossip/gtells/channels/etc while dead. why can you not view group?
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Weasel » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:09 am

hmm.. now there would be a kewl idea for a skill - 'speak from the grave' - where you could send a tell to someone while you're dead.. ie: come raise me, I'm dead.
:twisted:
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Druid light

Postby Avatar » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:34 am

Thanks for the change, Splork. It will make the game better and more enjoyable for current and future druids.

Charles
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Nothing » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:45 am

Thanks a bunch Splork. Really appreciate this one.

Todd
Nothing

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)