We're #2 on mudconnect now.

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Gnu » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:28 am

Some words about no-remind list. Once upon a time Jake asked me if I had voted today or not. After some answer I aksed him to include me into no-remind list? since I vote every time I can and do not if I can not... he agreed, smiled at me and I continued my bot-session... next day I've heard Jake's quastion about my voting again...

So... please, add Pendalf, Pendy, Gnu, Mnu, Pnu, Badguy, Arachna and Fik to no-remind list, sincerely yours, ME!
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby Leaf » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:58 am

We are not even on the list of "Top Mud Site"!!! I remember when we were
like 8th and 9th place. OOooo how we have fallen :)
Leaf

We're #3 on Mudconnector NOW

Postby BlackRaindrops » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:20 pm

[quote="Leaf":30dihmbe]We are not even on the list of "Top Mud Site"!!! I remember when we were
like 8th and 9th place. OOooo how we have fallen :)[/quote:30dihmbe]
From the looks of it, the imms are highly inactive lately. The live wholist page isn't working, the top 20 lists haven't been updated in months and the telnet link so people can actually play the mud is broken. All that and I rarely see any imms bother logging on or updates being posted. So what the hell is the sense in voting for the game when the imms aren't even around to appreciate it? I never thought I'd see the day SlothMUD transformed into a massive hamster wheel. Time to rebuild, people.
BlackRaindrops

Postby *Splork* » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:50 pm

Interesting and rather rediculous last post.

In the last month alone we have added caches & lairs, new thief-bard skills, new continent boards, added support for clans, added a few new spells, resectored close to 15k rooms(still have 9k to go), etc.

The link to connect to slothmud works fine, its at the bottom-center of the connect to slothmud page. We redid that last week so that we could inform new players about clients,etc...

The top 10 lists will be updated as soon as one of us gets the pw we need to do it that was changed last month by jake.

The live who list will be working shortly, we are working on both of those links-they have only been down today.

Quite a hamster wheel, I agree...

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby 13 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:02 pm

The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby *Splork* » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:35 pm

Playerstats are now up-to-date...

We are finished working on the live who and group lists, the links are now working again...

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Weasel » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:43 pm

thanks
Weasel

Postby Weasel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:41 am

ouch.. we've dropped to 3rd now.. by a long way. :oops:
Weasel

Postby 12345 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:07 am

I've heard resectoring mentioned a lot lately, which is a lot of work with as many rooms as Sloth has. I was kinda hoping someone had some more details on this since it seems to be a relatively large project and I haven't heard much about it yet. Anyone have info?

On a side note, there's a slight problem with the Who is grouping? list.

[code:czjlcthe]Adventuring Parties

Warning: fopen("/home/httpd/vhosts/slothmud.org/httpdocs/modules/Gwho_List/gwho_list.txt", "r") - Permission denied in /home/httpd/vhosts/slothmud.org/httpdocs/modules/Gwho_List/index.php on line 20

Error accessing data ... please, contact an administrator ...[/code:czjlcthe]
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby kjartan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:35 pm

Resectoring isn't by itself going to produce any immediate game changes, but it will make lots of nice stuff possible. Previously we were using the stock dikumud list of room types, plus a couple that had been added. There were about 10. We have made a more detailed list, which is up to about 70, and we are reclassifying all the rooms as one of the new types. (Many of the old types are still in the list, actually.)

The immediate use is for caches: we can randomly generate mob lairs better if we know better what sort of room it is. Some other things we might do:

- if a room is cemetery, tomb, or charnel house, give necros some sort of bonus there for creating undead
- if a room is stairway and you get tripped, have a chance of falling down the stairs
- a quest/forge/etc could require that you find a certain type of room, e.g. a volcano
- etc.

We did something similar with mob species about a year ago and I have found a number of places where that was useful. They're mostly minor effects; things like not letting you trip mobs that don't have legs.
kjartan
Creator

Postby 12345 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Sounds cool. Thanks for the info. :)

Postby *Splork* » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:23 pm

Live group lists are back online...

New clan channel called ktalk is now ingame, Ill add the helps once I can I get a chance...

Ultimate guide to avatarhood has been updated to include the last year+ of additions....

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Blastem » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:13 am

[quote="*Splork*":21qfih4f]

New clan channel called ktalk is now ingame, Ill add the helps once I can I get a chance...

[/quote:21qfih4f]

Sweet Big Thanks!!!!

Although now Brady is going to be miss channelling more than ever with another channel to worry about

:P

Blastem
Blastem
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:26 am

I actually have a request on this... would it be possible to see when people join and leave the channel like ctalk does? Since folks automatically join when logging on, I guess this would work kinda like friends does. At the moment though, I'm using both ktalk and ctalk, even though it's basically the same people on both channels.

Ughh were #4

Postby Guinex » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:58 pm

What is going on with this? Come on people start voting and quit whining, we need some more player base rolling in here. This is probably the best mud out there and our votes aren't showing it. Do we need Jake to come and poke us again? Hell if it was working bring it on!
Guinex
Double 40 Poster

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)