More Alignment / Supplicant nerfing

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Alberich » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:34 pm

If you think sitting in groups is the easiest way to change your alignment you really need to spend more time playing solo. It does take 1, maybe 2 runs for even a small avatar to change alignment by 10-15 points (and without stab - although mirrors do help) - you just need to learn more than "run oly, run tonys, run chicklings, run oly some more".

I do also find it amusing that my thief (not-so-nice people, in theory) almost never has his alignment drop below +10, whereas my mage's bounces all around.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby 12345 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:58 pm

I find supplicants unnecessarily complicated. Since it will be many billions of xp before I can summon anything useful, I really don't care about using or not using them. This is sad.

I find that I do care about how they've been implemented. They've been treated as some grand quest that would be a boon to the cleric class if we could just become psychic and figure out how they work. After months, using them just seems to become more and more difficult. The gods have given very little assistance and a grand series of nerfs. I find this frustrating.

I'm also insanely low on sleep today and feeling more sarcastic than usual. If anyone feels offended, don't be, it's just me having a rough day.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Autolycos » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:54 pm

i personally would like to see a ping pong match between Krok and 12345, maybe use jake as the ball, who knows. He could yell out vote everytime he gets whacked by a paddle, could be tons of fun. Or another good idea would be to make a supp that you could toss into mobs as an attack, like a midget or dwarf... that would be cool.

You know, now that i think about it... since we have all this data, server and files and such, how about we make a MUD? that would be cool.. we have most of the stuff to make one just laying about here on this Domain...
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Qa » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:31 pm

[quote="12345"]I'm wondering when the cool new features using alignment are going to start kicking in because right now it just looks like the admin are simply anally raping clerics for fun and profit.[/quote]

BOHICA to clerics as usual I see.

Frankly, I think supps should be a cleric prime thing.

Make supps a cleric prime thing, switch alignment back, give non-cleric-prime chars thier embalm drachma back, and FIX ALIGNMENT!

Qa
Qa
40 Prime Poster

Postby Krok » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:37 am

A ping pong match, yay-yay! :))

>>"run oly, run tonys, run chicklings, run oly some more".
That's what I was talking about... but... wait. Where's oly? *giggle*
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Vixn » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:33 am

Ping pong match? Nah! ARENA!!!

p.s. 10 bucks on Krok, btw :D
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 13 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:38 am

Strangely enough, I find myself agreeing with QA, for once.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby 12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:53 am

Ping pong sounds like fun. If she wants to slaughter me in the arena, that might be good for a laugh too. I can taunt her mercilessly as she's winding me. TYSMIHA!

I've decided to try not to think about supplicants and alignment today and concentrate on something more important... like how nice Krok's hair smells after a shower.

Postby 13 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:19 am

That's a very nice thing to say.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

S.P.G. (special patrol group)

Postby brand » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:47 am

Are you a supplican or a supplicant?
I often ask my friend Sped the eudaemon that while we're fishing, Sped just looks at me. havn't really had that big of a problem with alignment or supplicants. I run around with a gaggle of undeads and Sped most of time. Good, bad.... bleh, I'm just here to kill monsters. And it seems that killing big monsters with all these new skills and powers is easier then ever before. That supplicant book will be a godsend... don't make it heavy! If Sped disappears after I murder Little Red Riding Hood, I just atone myself and summon him right back.

:twisted: brand
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:27 pm

I've got an idea for a new area. Brand's mind. You'll have to find Brand fishing somewhere and crawl into his skull to get there. The area will have only 2 mobs, each one a single braincell running around the other one. Together, they will summon the craziest shit you've ever seen to kick your ass and/or confuse the shit out of you. Things like supplicans, supplicants, long hard rods, Charlie the Tuna and god knows what else.

Apparently I'm feeling sarcastic again. Sorry.

Re: S.P.G. (special patrol group)

Postby Argeos » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:21 pm

[quote="brand":1qcrsgyk]Are you a supplican or a supplicant?
/deleted
time. Good, bad.... bleh, I'm just here to kill monsters. And it seems that killing big monsters with all these new skills and powers is easier then ever before. That supplicant book will be a godsend... don't make it
/deleted
:twisted: brand[/quote:1qcrsgyk]

Having alignment oriented familiar/supplicants/.... is 100% RPG. Is SlothMud a RPG place or a "kill them all" one ? The answer is up to the mud owners what they want to achieve or not.

In my case, if i have to be "good" aligned to get my peri and hold her while running around, I have no problem since I do like this "RPG" side. Same thing for being a necro, I do think that necro should have an "evil"-aligned side for their undead followers.

2nd thing: I still can`t find the "search" book. If anyone knows where to find the search book, it will be great, thanks. A general hint would be the welcome.

Last thing: i found a "fusing rod" on VK that seems to be part of some quest or cps though i don`t know what to do with it and i wouldn`t like to leave VK while missing this one, it`s a personal equip. Any "hints" about what to do with the fusing rod ? (I did search the equip list: nothing). (This feature i don`t like though...running around with something you don`t know what to do with and no mobs (?) will tell you about so far. If the questers could give some hints about any quest cps that would be great).

Thanks.

Argeos
Argeos

Postby Alberich » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:26 pm

maybe these should have been posted under newbie questions?

the fusing rod is a cp for an old autoquest that was never fully implemented, but the cps are still set to load randomly - maybe someday someone will come back and revisit this

search? uhmm... there is no skill/spell called 'search', so far as I know... maybe you are thinking of something else?
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

search book

Postby kjartan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:29 pm

Ah, I don't think the search book has been made yet, it should be in in the next few days. The skill uses something else that isn't in-game yet and will probably come in gradually over time, so don't feel there's an urgent need to learn it. The book will be in the guilds, as it's a lvl 1 skill.
kjartan
Creator

Postby 12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:54 pm

The fusing rod was once part of an old quest... There's 3 items total, the glowing magical rod of fusing, the hilt of blue flame and whatever the blade was called.

[quote="Blaster":1f236dg2]Yes the code seems to have been fixed to they will all pop again. As to the quest, I am trying to tie these items into my quest area so they will be used in time I guess you could say. As for having several sets of the cps, it is useless since you only need one set.[/quote:1f236dg2]

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)