More Alignment / Supplicant nerfing

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Argeos » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:24 pm

[quote="Alberich":24yxdyfp]maybe these should have been posted under newbie questions?

the fusing rod is a cp for an old autoquest that was never fully implemented, but the cps are still set to load randomly - maybe someday someone will come back and revisit this
/deleted
[/quote:24yxdyfp]

I think it should have been fixed in-game rather than having to read forums.

If there is a list of current "bugs" or whatever, it would be great to know.

Thanks

Argeos
Argeos

alignment

Postby Avatar » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:29 pm

I think I kind of disagree with people assuming that a necro character is going to be evil, or assigning negative alignment to all the necro spells. All these years, people can think of their cleric characters as good or evil. Representatives of good or evil gods, and even supplication increases those options. You can supp for good or evil mobs, depending on how you want to play your character. Necromancers should have similar capability to choose how to play their character and which alignment they want to be. Most undead should be mindless automatons, more neutral than evil, who don't even take any actions unless they have been commanded too. Necromancers should come in all three flavors, good / neutral / evil - most doctors don't become evil when they perform autopsies.

I still would like to see some neutral supplication forms too, come on, give neutral a chance!
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:45 pm

[quote="Argeos":z1loc6y0]I think it should have been fixed in-game rather than having to read forums.

If there is a list of current "bugs" or whatever, it would be great to know.[/quote:z1loc6y0]
Since you consider quests to be bugs and we can't discuss quests, that's not possible.

A bunch of cps were made available in game again. They are intended to be incorporated into a Quest Area that's not finished yet. Since B just joined the army, it may be a while before it's done.

It's not a bug and it's not broken. It is considered a quest item so it's not listed in the eq list. As far as being fixed in-game, Blaster has been working on that quest area for quite some time. It's hardly an overnight job.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Weasel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:51 pm

[img:42skzsbn]http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/austinpowers/evilgreyb.jpg[/img:42skzsbn]
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Re: alignment

Postby kjartan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:54 pm

[quote="Avatar":506lq0us]I think I kind of disagree with people assuming that a necro character is going to be evil, or assigning negative alignment to all the necro spells.[/quote:506lq0us]
The necro spells don't make you evil because casting them is morally wrong; they make you evil like the One Ring makes you evil, because there is a stratum from which necromantic magic is drawn and there's something evil there that is spewing corruption along with the magic. There's an opposed effect for the same reason in the healing spells. You can read 'help strata' for more details (I think).
kjartan
Creator

Hmm

Postby Avatar » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:05 pm

Well, ignore me then :)

Let's have a quest where we kill off that evil corrupting presence.

:)
Triple 40 Poster

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)