Hilarious

Postby Medios » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:27 am

nt
Medios

Re: Hilarious

Postby firebrand » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:50 pm

[quote="Medios":c3ap8x3q]nt[/quote:c3ap8x3q]

i think i speak for all of us when i say "Huh?"
Yeah bringing you another disturbing creation from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference and gets stupified.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:25 pm

His original post was changed.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Medios » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:18 pm

Ill repost what I put before I deleted it.

Fyrstenheart gossips-- 'high lord assassin my ass assin'

I deleted the post initially taking it in stride, but fyrs decided to gossip this once again last night. So this being the second time, I will ask a few questions of the mudders here.

1. Is this shit talking?

2. Is this considered cursing on a public channel?

3. Would Fyrstenheart like to arena?

4. Do I not deserve a little respect around here?

That being said im starting a thread on the Dogs of War message board. The point of this post will be to get the overall feeling of my guild on whether we will start a "do not help" list. Saraen has already made this list and not only that he will be webbed on sight. A few things are going to change around here, including the amount of "help" that DoW gives our fellow mudders.

Go ahead and flame me and shit talk, tell me I am childish and selfish and whatever nonsense you can come up with. Im pretty tired of the ignorance that our voting has brought to this mud. By that I mean the countless number of disrespectful newbs that have swarmed on here. Yes I still think if you put sbs lists in your title your a newb. Look at the titles of the knowledgeable mudders and give me one that has some nonsense title about a spellbook that can easily be located and found on your own. Im tired of spoon feeding everyone and them growing up to know nothing and be able to do nothing to help anyone else.

Mike
Medios

Postby Weasel » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:37 pm

If using 'WTF' and 'hell' and 'damn' on gossip are considered noshoutable offenses (which they are based on past experience), then most certainly 'ass' would be...

bah.. don't get me started on noshouts hehe.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby brand » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 pm

in some small corner of the world they are working on a way to make weasels signature a noshout crime. :twisted:

yeah and...
1. YES
2. NO
3. N/A (Fyrstenheart has better things to do then get killed)
4. RESPECT (That will be handed out at the 2K5 Tournament)
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby impz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:35 am

personal opinon, whatever comes out from the mouth of a weasel should be noshouted.

Ermm, i mean, yea i agree with brand said.

P/S What a bad mistell.
what is life if full of care, if we have no time to stop and stare?
impz
40 Prime Poster

Postby Krok » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:49 am

Well, even avatars have stupid "need *** sb" titles. Maybe newbies think that it's ok? I suggest some big guys with such titles think a bit, go pop those sbs without a word, or call them in groups if you can't solo. That will teach newbies.
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby fyrstenheart » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:29 am

Since my name came up in here, I feel obliged to respond to what is likely nothing more than the utterings of someone who seems to think it's alright to generalize about people that have sbs in their title and call them wuzzes or weaks or whatever it was that was the opinion of Medios who seemed to want to make a point of this on gossip. So I did let him know that I didn't think much of his pretentious title, and here we can see his NEED for respect. Anyone with some background in psychology can certainly draw their own conclusions from a title like "High Lord Assassin".
As said before "high lord asssassin, my assassing". Those with a finer knowledge of word play that the English language lends itself to, again, can draw their own conclusions. Here are my answers:

1. Most certainly. It's all part of the fun.

2. Not at all. Maybe in the Vatican.

3. Fyrstenheart arenas when there's info to be gained from it.

4. Respect is something earned. What have you done to earn my respect? If you go to a MUD for respect, then you really do have some issues. Go and see a shrink and help yourself while you still can.

I come to the mud to take a break from usual life and take my mind of other things in my life. I think most people here do that. If you think it's alright to attack others in language, then you should also find it alright to be attacked yourself in the same manner. If you think that having a 5x40 character should earn you respect and think that this makes you some know-it-all whose every utterance should be blindly accepted, then you're totally living in a fantasy world. Whatever the case may be, GO AND SEE A SHRINK while there may still be hope.

Fyrstenheart

P.S.: I normally get paid for writing things, but was happy to make an exception here as both the reading of this thread was most amusing as was the writing of my response.

GET A LIFE.
fyrstenheart

Postby Wintersdark » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:13 am

As to sb's in the title...

Leaving out newbies, who are another case entirely, I don't see the harm. Those of us with higher level chars will often put needed sb's in their title, not expecting (or wanting) anyone to go out of their way to find them, but rather if they happen to be in an area and pop one while doing their own thing, they can just do a 'who' and check and see if anyone needs that particular spellbook.

It just makes it easier to help each other - I know whenever I pop a spellbook the first thing I do is 'who' to see if anyone needs it, before dropping it in some random scribe shop/inn/guild/whatever.

So what if they could pop the book themselves? Not everyone has a lot of time to mud - some have to pick and choose what they do each time they log on because they simply don't have enough time to do everything they'd like to. Perhaps they intent to pop it themselves, but haven't gotten to it yet.

So, what's the problem with having needed sb's in your title, so that if people happen across them in their travels they can let you know?

Myrridon/Saphyrra
Wintersdark

Postby Leaf » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:20 am

First of all Fyrstenheart, u just made urself NEWBIE of the Week.

1) Ur shit talking to a player that has been mudding here for about 6-8 yrs.
Which in my eyes should be givin some RESPECT!

2) Cursing ... naw not at all.

3) Arena ... Medios would f-ing kill u in 1 round, which would be funny.
However I don't think it would satisfy Medios.

4) YES dumbass u should respect other ppl and shouldn't talk shit to them.
Do u talk shit to just random ppl that u have no clue who they are? I mean
for all we know ur a teenager who just wants some attention and "trying"
to piss off one of the great mudder here on Sloth. Then for u to say "Go
and see a shrink and help yourself while you still can.", I mean come on.
Where r u trying to go at this? R u just stupid and trying to piss off most
of the higher chars on here? I mean most "Higher" char should get respect.
NOT because they are high 5x40, but because they spent their time here
helpping others and making friends. I don't believe there isn't a 5x40 that
hasn't helpped anyone. However Medios doesn't owe u shit now, but if u
have been here long enough. U would have found out he is a great leader
and helps out as many ppl as he can.

I believe u should see a shrink. For u to believe ppl should earn ur respect.
HAHAHA Get a ******* life urself. When u grow some hair on ur balls, u will
find out no one will give a **** about u until u care for them.

Good Day :)
Leaf

Postby Alberich » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:58 am

agreed on sbs in title - and yeah, there are plenty of avatars who are noobs - it's not real hard to sit in groups and chop and get levels without actually learning anything. Probably 90% of sbs (maybe 70% of av sbs) are soloable, at the most 2man - so why beg others to do something you can perfectly well do yourself, or with just asking 1 other person for help? As for the books that everyone knows take big ass groups to pop... how likely is there to be one just laying around, if it loads on some godawful 25-30mils mob?

as for pissing of medios... lol, that wouldn't even be a fun arena to watch, along the lines of a tiger mauling a kitten :)
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby 12345 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:07 am

I think Fyr fails to realize that Mike has more than one character. Mike might also be a tad aggressive, but he's one hell of a good player. Medios has helped me out of many very ugly situations.

For Mike to start earning people's respect now would be kind of redundant.

As far as spellbooks, for the most part I don't care. I find it funny though when some 3x40 has some silly spellbook in their title that anyone could get. I also find it funny when folks list ultra rare books like mass wb. They're tough as nails to pop, everyone needs them, and they crumble. A group trying to get one the other day suffered mass death, up to and including Shyla. Odds are, no one is going to find one laying around. They got organized, got the book, read it, and never plan on killing that mob again unless someone organizes a group to go get it. Asking for it just isn't going to do you any good.

Happy hunting.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby blackmore » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:50 am

I don't see why people care who has what in their title. As far as I care, put whatever you want in it, I'll be ignoring it anyways. When you scream on gossip 5 times in under a minute that you need something, then I care.

Locate object is worthless for finding spellbooks unless you're avatar/mage prime. Many times, people may know that their book is common, they just don't have a way of finding it easily. If nothing else, maybe someone will let you know that they saw one laying around in some town or another. If you don't think you'll use a spell, but figure you should get it some day, putting it in your title is a good way of asking for it without being annoying.

These comments are not aimed at avatars who do this. Go pop your own damn books.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Medios » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:19 pm

Just to clarify something.

[ *Assassin* ] Medios High Lord Assassin ~[DoW]~

I guess Fyrstenheart will also call the immortals dumbass since they made my pretitle. I started this title because of a few things.

1. I used to always be high when I played sloth.
2. Im the lord of my realm.
3. Well the pretitle says it all.
4. DoW stands for The Dogs of War, its our clan and just means were a cut above the rest.

Think what you want, im not talking about newbies with sbs titles either. Im always available to help anyone with almost anything, that is until they make some stupid ass comment, kinda like they dont give a rats ass what I think. *poke* Auriana. I do feel like most of you > trip40s basically begging for sbs in their title is very weak. Alot of us look at this as a sign of either laziness or lack of initiative. Why would a higher level character want to cycle a spellbook for someone else. If the book is on the ground its usually in the scribe or tower or library on vk, anyone can check these spots.

Mike

PS Young Sir Wiliam cracks me up :)
Medios

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)