Hilarious

Use this forum for general discussions

newbs

Postby Avatar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:20 pm

Laugh, fun thread :)

I agree with BM about the spellbooks. It's nicer to put it in title than to ask on gossip, so if you need a sb or two go ahead and list it. I check who list sometimes if I find a random sb popped too. If I'm bored I may even relo to the person to deliver it.

Per the whole Medios / Tard / Respect deal, I think everyone should be treated with respect as a default. If you annoy people you'll eventually find that some big dragon has looted all your eq and is prancing around with your gold waist chain worn. Then you'll have trouble finding someone as cool as Medios to help with the CR because we're all pissed at the way you treat someone that we are friends with.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:38 pm

[quote="Medios":2yzmpxe6]PS Young Sir Wiliam cracks me up :)[/quote:2yzmpxe6]

I do my best Mikey!
Leaf

Postby Autolycos » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:25 am

ok, i have to jump in and comment too, mainly because i know everyone is just waiting for my bantering.

1st. 5x40 does not automatically earn anyone respect, the act that gets some players respect is the fact they will leave a group to come help when someone is in trouble, and most usually die several times in the process of helping you get your items back from whatever ridiculously large groups of mobs you might have felt ballsy enough to solo. I have seen this from both 5x40 AND from > 1x40..
Remember that respect is earned by your own actions. Not by feeling that you deserve it. *cough* Zam *cough*

2nd. The fact that most of the players that have been around 8 years or more, ie Medios/Minstrel, Plato/Aife/Rizzen, Weasel, Toxis/Rawr and myself included even still care enough to help anyone is beyond me. I have seen large amounts of players walk right over others without a care to help, let alone ever be considerate worth a damn. *Saraen for example* Yet they will be the first to ask for my help or shout on a channel that they need help. Some things as stupid as not being able to fit all their food in their backpack, dear god....

3rdly. Clans are for people that DO respect each other, and function with a common goal for the greater good, they help each other, they look out for eq/items etc etc. Clans are very selective *usually*, based on individuals merit, trust, respectiveness, honesty, and skills. Some of the newer clans seem to let anyone in that wants to put it in their title.

Medios earned my respect a long time ago, yeah he is brash and rough, but what kind of assassin wouldnt be? Besides, bein a thief, i do kinda admire his stab :twisted: .. And I don't toss out respect to just everyone, hell i even respect Impz as strange as that may be, Impz will even drop everything to help someone that is in *real* trouble.

PS. Fyrstenheart is weak, i wasted him several times in arena, was alot of fun too, damn near splorked him once :twisted:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby impz » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:29 am

omg, i got the respect from autolycos!!!!

Ok, slap once. Slap twice. Slap thrice.

I'm not dreaming!!

Anyway, let me talk something rational for once.

Having a greater level does not give you respect, it's the actions that you do that earn them. For hell, even though impz is a 5x40, i never expect any "oh he's a 5x40, he's a damn experienced player, must respect" kind of stuff. It's silly, it's a game, i don't need respect. (In real life, i get some respect that is too excessive sometimes it gets irritating.)

I always believe that respect of a player comes when he does something that you know that he or she is worth his weight. I always claim to be a newbie, and in many ways, i am. But i do try to work as much. Hell, most of the 5x40s have done newbish stuff along the way.

I still remember doing CRs for medios in pyramid when i had no fricking idea how to. Was pretty amusing when I knew the area eventually and well, the area is thief haven.

However, i respect medios because

1. He is really helpful. Just ask and he will send you aid. (well, asking for 10 mil coins might be a stretch)

2. Sometimes, he offers help voluntarily, especially once when i was in serious trouble with a CR with no one online.

Guess just some rantings I have to make ever since I saw some stuff...
what is life if full of care, if we have no time to stop and stare?
impz
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:15 pm

Well... you have to give Impz some credit. At least when he offers help he isn't picking your pocket behind your back. :twisted:

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArtic ... ITY-DC.XML
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Talk about hilarious

Postby Avatar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:39 pm

I keep hearing Cartman's voice when the halfling rogue talks...
Triple 40 Poster

bah

Postby Avatar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:40 pm

Triple 40 Poster

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)