Cleric Prime Raises

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Mace » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:04 am

>> i always thought that the addition of RINA was to increase the percentage of raises, and also the creation of +shock for the same.

This is how it was presented.. but I'm not sure it did. Judging by that code leak a while back, 18 wis/con gives 85%, +5 shock raises that to 90% and only rina raises that up to 95%. I -think- 18 wis/con was 95% before, but Jake's post on that was a very long long time ago.. :)

As one of the old-style cleric soloers.. :) to me prime cleric is sort of a null class. You get caster regen, and almost decent hp, but pretty much kill mobs with your other skills. (now that animate dead was stolen!)
Mace
40 Prime Poster

Postby Krok » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:39 am

Oh, come on. "Little respect, little reward, can't solo"... If you get little respect, no matter which classo you are. I have cleric prime and I'm happy to be it. Having crazy restores is kinda useful in groups and I believe ppl appreciate and _respect_ it.
If you can't solo, wait for a 40av supp or find ur style.

PS I'm cleeeeric (c) - that means I can do stupid things and no one will punish me. :)
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:32 am

[quote="Mace":1071vri8]Judging by that code leak a while back, 18 wis/con gives 85%, +5 shock raises that to 90% and only rina raises that up to 95%. I -think- 18 wis/con was 95% before, but Jake's post on that was a very long long time ago.. :)[/quote:1071vri8]

I try not to talk about the code, but let me clarify this...

As of August, the base chance to raise was 50%. You could get 20% for the raiser having 18 wis and another 20% for the victim having 18 con. Total 90%. Interesting enough, the cap for raising was 90%, so if both those conditions were met, you didn't need +shock gear. Rina gave an automatic 95%, so if someone was playing Rina, it didn't matter what your wis, con or +shock was. Masterful raise couldn't shock.

The date on that was last August, and I know raise has been looked at and changed since then. It's anyone's guess how it works now.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Clerics get the hose

Postby 13 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:40 am

[quote:14ii3s4f]u guys talking bout some other mud? single class one i guess?[/quote:14ii3s4f]

go buy another character sind..occupy yourself while the smart people are busy talking.

[quote:14ii3s4f]Is it time for sloth 4?[/quote:14ii3s4f]

Yes.

[quote:14ii3s4f] Having crazy restores is kinda useful in groups and I believe ppl appreciate and _respect_ it. [/quote:14ii3s4f]

Does that help you solo Krokie?
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby firebrand » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:10 am

personally, i appreciate clerics in groups. they keep us alive, whether we are tank or not. they also are right on the ball to relite someone if lite drops. there are a bunch of little nice things that clerics do that are very missed when clerics are not in groups. i prefer to have a specified cleric in my group organize and handle the healo. it takes a load off my shoulders and gives me time to take care of other things for the group, not to mention usually lets the group run longer because heal mana is more effectively used. as far as soloing with a cleric goes, i can't comment on that because i have never played one. but then again, i am an eternal n00b. if i get shocked, yeah i might get upset - but not at the caster (unless that caster is leaf, but we all just love to harrass him :P ). i get frustrated at the dice roll that says it's my time to shock. to those ppl who play clerics - THX! i don't know how many times clerics have come to my aid. i won't even bother naming names because there are so many of you out there. i am a wa/ma/th/cl/av and i run in NO sys shock gear. in ac, my wis is 15 and in regen is 16. my raise/shock percentage is i would say about 75% raises in either mode. yeah, i do agree that it is frustrating as hell to shock - especially if you don't get many chances to group and those exps are hard to come by or if you are almost to next level. we need people playing ALL classes. each one has benefits to not only the person who wants that class, but to other people as well. for all you clerics out there who are feeling iffy about playing your clerics, please...keep playing them. we need you guys.
Last edited by firebrand on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Autolycos » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:12 am

*snicker 13.

I generally think the healo gets walked over too in eq groups etc..

I try to not miss anyone, even if i have to write it down, but i would hope that if i do error to miss someone 8being it that i am still a nOOb leader*, please dont hesitate to slap me to remind me IE daedalus :P

not that i would ever want to publicly embarras my top 3 fav clerics. But for Cami, Mosaix, and Rawr. I do appreciate everything you do for me and my groups, and how hard you try to keep us all not dead. :twisted:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Krok » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:29 am

13, nope, my other 3 classes and supps help me solo :))
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby firebrand » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:41 am

[quote="Mosaix":1qz8rr8h]Its a pain in the ass to run forges you need when you are at the whim of the leader and tank running the show. I have had to leave eq groups cause they dont care to get to the healers pop choice all the while the cleric is the one keeping them alive so they can get pops to begin with. It happens more than not. That shit really has to stop.[/quote:1qz8rr8h]

when i run groups, i put in my group title EXPS (or whatever else i happen to be choosing to run that day). yes, i pick up eq mobs when running, but that is because normally, those mobs are in the run for that area and i am going to be hitting that mob anyway. if i forget/omit a mob from cycling it, it is either because we can't hit that mob due to not having enough players in group for that mob or some other reason - not having a key/not knowing the run/too hard to get to the mob. those are just a few factors. i will usually *try* to hit all calls, and some days i even encourage beacons eq in the group. never do i purposely not hit a call by omission. i will usually tell the person calling that eq my reason for not hitting that mob because i don't want that person to feel singled out and ignored. for those of you who follow me and i *do* forget your mob when you are currently calling it, please ask me why. i will give you a reason, or i will let you know it was simply accidental that we didn't hit it.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:47 am

Actually, my favorite cleric frequently refers to himself as a servant but he's also one of the best players I know. Honestly, every classo has a different playstyle. I have a character that practically requires a group to use, and he's one of my favorite. Not surprizingly, he almost always starts a group when he comes on. Clerics are his favorite people.

Clerics are really floopy amazingly together guys. With the changes to undead and supplicants, they're getting a very raw deal lately. Here's what I don't get though...

Undead visage. Spell clearly works. How hard is it to use a similar method to makes healing spells damaging to undead types? Instead of using silly flags to identify undeads that can be harmed, why not just mimic undead visage. You could use the silly flags to identify mobs that can't be hurt by heals. Let them rip and tear against undeads.

If you really wanted to boost primes, you could do all kinds of fun stuff. Holy symbols, holy water, blessing weapons. It's pretty well established that clerics don't like undeads, demons and the like, go nuts with it. With all the new undead areas, it would fit right in. Hardest thing you might have to do is add an actual cemetary type area to Valk. Easy stuff.

Postby 12345 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:14 am

Stray thought... In Final Fantasy, the most insanely powerful attack in the game is Raise Dead. Toss it at an undead and about half it's hps vanish. Would be a cool opening move for cleric types against undeads.

lol

Postby Sind9 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:28 am

13:go buy another character sind..occupy yourself while the smart people are busy talking.

lol
Sind9

Postby Chainer » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:36 am

yeah, there are already mobs which will be dealt damage if you heal it such as Ygol, but its way to big to "heal" it down :(

GO CLERICS!!! GO!!!
:twisted: KA KAW! :twisted:
Chainer

Postby Leaf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:51 am

Using Raise Dead to bring a mob to 1/2 hp would be PIMP. However cause
of Sloth the size of the group killing something that big would be tooooo
powerful. There are some other "healing" mobs that goes down, but it
takes way toooo long. If they can get the balance it would be good.
Leaf

Postby 12345 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:07 am

Let me get this straight... stabbing a mob and instantly killing it for a couple mil xp is ok, but knocking an undead down to half is too powerful? Come on, you're prime char is a thief.

Heal costs a lot more mana than any blasting spell and could only blast an undead for 100 hps +healbonus. At least with a lead in attack, you're getting somewhere.

Look at it this way: Warrior = chop, Thief = splork, Mage = ether, Cleric = undead

Let them do what they're good at.

Postby Sind9 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:19 am

war=chop,ma=ether etc
ok what are druid and necro?
and bard? :)
go play ur single classed slothmud and keep posting your ideas/
Sind9

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)