Cleric Prime Raises

Use this forum for general discussions

Cleric Prime Raises

Postby Cami » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:08 pm

Cleric Primes seems to shock often these days and I'm wondering if there is a bug in the equation somewhere.
I was even singing Rina and Mosaix shocked two and I shocked 1, come on! Luckily Lis, our cleric 2nd, didn't shock anyone...maybe I picked the order of my classes wrong??

This is really discouraging and I hope someone can offer an explanation. And before you ask...I have natural 18 int and wis, and I was wearing +6 shock eq

Help! I like this char and don't want to give up on her.
Cami

Postby Autolycos » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:18 pm

i always thought that the addition of RINA was to increase the percentage of raises, and also the creation of +shock for the same.

now if the clerics havent been beaten enough, you have all (3) being achieved by a char *whom only wants to help others* and yet gets penalized not only by not being able to solo worth a krap, but now being pretty much as useless to raise someone as a quad cleric..

WTF is goin on? seems likes someones number crunching has been replaced by sleeping.

wake up, whipe of the drool off your cheek, pour a fresh hot cup of coffee, and lets try this again shall we?
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Mosaix » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:55 pm

Need to do something with Cleric Primes. Your a total fool if you pick it at this point in time. Useless to solo most mobs, become a raising healing gimp for most groups, and of course forget about getting any choice picks in a quest. At Avatar 24 im still getting hand-me-down picks. Thats total bullshit.

The spells make it even worse. Why the hell have us raise and gimp around if you have the % of failure so high? Shock eq, rina, wis, con, never seem to calculate to appropriate raise percentages. Why spend the coins on shock eq or waste the time poping it, when you shock as high as one does??!?!

I beg and plead the fellow mudders to please never pick cleric as your prime. Dont make the same mistake some of us have. I also ask the immortals to do something with this pathetic choice for a prime char. I wasted enough time on the char, i will finish it out, but currently i get more joy out of my warrior valker than i do my crusty old Cleric Prime.

I will say that suppli has made the cleric class usefull in a class order. But in no way does that seem to do anything for the Prime Cleric.
Im tired of it. You have pinned my choice of char into a corner, and Id like to not have to play that way. Fix it.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Alberich » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:59 pm

if you "cannot solo worth a crap", that's your fault, not your class.
+shock cap is much higher for cleric primes than others, last I looked.
If you are only wearing +6 shock, then yeah, you're not going to raise much better than any other class (my thief wears more than that in his raise mode). If you get up near the cleric cap, you might see better results.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Autolycos » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:03 pm

i am really surprised to hear that kind of garbage coming from you alberich.

NOT ONE ******* CLERIC on this mud ASKED for the imms to **** up all the % for raise/shock, and most clerics has done quite well to try to compensate and get eq to balance it..

and if a large majority are having the same problem, then it more then likely is NOT their fault..

SET...MATCH...POINT
Autolycos

Postby Alberich » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:14 pm

I'm on the recieving end of lots of raises auto :p I actually do notice a huge difference in how often I get shocked by cleric primes wearing maxed +shock gear and someone wearing little or none. I don't collect data on the raises I do, but I rarely shock people with Alberich, who wears around +9shock, and Althalus wears like +6, and seems to shock people much more often. Who said the raise thing was anyones fault? Just my own observations, but, I don't play any cleric primes, so I'll leave it alone :)
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby 13 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:16 pm

I have to agree, Clerics have gotten a total ******* as a prime class, but then again most people know what they are getting into with it.

[quote:79ptgak2]if you "cannot solo worth a crap", that's your fault, not your class.[/quote:79ptgak2]

95% of the time I agree with this, and have said it many times before, but in this case, I don't. I realize Mosaix could be a lot mroe effective as a soloer if he didnt wear grouper eq, and got dressed in some ac/dmg, but it wouldn't help that much..and he's no dummy, that's not the problem.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby Mosaix » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:20 pm

Damn your ignorant. Cleric primes are a joke to solo. Most of the eq we aquire especially early on, is mana based. Try to heal a mob to death. Doesnt work to good. You cant fathom the pain of levling to 20 prime as a cleric. I dont argue that at my level I can get ac eq. I can do that. Hopefully most clerics have good stats like I do to even support that eq. Maybe you can compute that cleric primes are going to roll wis and int first. Then the rolls that keep the rest of you alive like str, dex and con come in. Try tanking or taking any hits with a 13 con, dex, or str.
As far as the raises go, hell with it.
No-one raise anyone if +6shock eq is so worthless. Why bother. Take the shock eq out of the game and give me the robe space back so I can use it for myself instead of raising loosers who cant con a mob properly then beg me to come raise their asses. Then I shock them anyway and they bitch and whine.

Use your damn brain.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Chainer » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:21 pm

ermm.....Dork Mace rawks!!
:P
bout the +sysshock thingy, its better to get at least +11 and above, especially for cleric primes which could easily get more coz most +sysshock eqs are cleric prime and stuff
didnt shock much though, except two days ago i just shocked 2 in a row with rina, ohh ya, and one the month b4 :twisted:
just talking crap here, and YEAH, cant solo shit :evil:

GO CLERICS!!! GO!!!
:twisted: KA KAW! :twisted:
Chainer

Cleric primes

Postby Avatar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:02 pm

Clerics have never been strong solo. If you want to solo there are better classo's to choose. If you like to heal and raise other people, then cleric prime might be a good fit for you.

I don't know who you guys are raising, but I haven't for the last several years had anyone bitch at me for shocking them. Personally if they complained I'd never try to raise them again.

If you don't want to spend the rent costs or the robe space to carry around +shock gear, then don't. I have a few miscellaneous pieces, but I've never been interested in carrying a whole +shock set. If someone in the group has more +shock eq, they can raise.

The victim would like to be raised, but beggars can't be choosers. If you're dead a raise is nice but you don't have any guarantee, I think everyone understands that. If they want to increase their odds of a successful raise, they should run around soloing in a set of +shock gear.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Weasel is a wa/ma/cl/th 5x40 with a raise mode too..
18wis +8 sys shock shows on 'score stats' as

"You have mastered the art of cheating death itself."

It stays at that level down to (and including) 18wis and 6sys shock.
At 18wis and 5 sys shock, the message dropped down to

"You have learnt many techniques for crossing the barrier between life and death."

So presumably there is some sort of maximum or 'cap' for my classo and level at 18wis and 6 sys shock ?..

hope that is helpful for someone.
Weasel

Postby Mosaix » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:06 pm

Alberich I apologize for coming off so harsh. Not a good real life day, and this stuff on the mud has been bothering me for awhile. However the principle of my thought stays the same.

I started Mosaix before the new classo's went in. So i only had 4 choices when i started.

Most starting players without the prior knowledge of how the mud works, the ins and outs, the knowing of exact stats of mobs and what to kill....will not be able to run a cleric prime with any sort of effectiveness until they begin to group to get exp.

It comes down to me having had more fun with liches than suppli. I would love spectral shield and followers. Shifting into a big ol dragon would be cool, and getting 147 mana regen outside. Also being a cleric prime the way it is socially done now, allows for the interaction among players to be that of "raise me" , "heal me" and little reward for the prime cleric player, and little respect.

Its a pain in the ass to run forges you need when you are at the whim of the leader and tank running the show. I have had to leave eq groups cause they dont care to get to the healers pop choice all the while the cleric is the one keeping them alive so they can get pops to begin with. It happens more than not. That shit really has to stop.

Socially its got to change. Something or things have to be done to boost the effectiveness of Cleric Primes, so they are usefull to themselves for the purposes of EXP and EQUIPMENT.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Clerics again

Postby Avatar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:15 pm

[quote:109t935c]Socially its got to change.[/quote:109t935c]

I can agree with that, at least. You seem to be running with the wrong crowds. If someone skips your mob, find out why and make a fuss. There are some valid reasons to skip a person's eq call, but a good leader will be up front and explain why. If they skip it silently I'd make sure they know I'm not happy.
Triple 40 Poster

hrm

Postby Sind9 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:56 am

u guys talking bout some other mud? single class one i guess?
Sind9

Postby rith » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:50 am

There has certainly been alot of complaints so far in the mud. I too have my share to whine about.

Something has to be done to the balance of the classos in sloth. Maybe revamp the old classos?

Is it time for sloth 4?
rith

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)