Cleric Prime Raises

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby 12345 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:26 am

Druid necro and monk are pretty much the best choppers in the game, or hadn't you noticed? I don't know what bards are but I do know they'll supercharge an xp group quick.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby brand » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:32 am

here's my 'good friends' raise eq.

<used as light> Ruyi of Destruction
<worn on head> Cap of Brilliance
<worn on hands> Gauntlets of Ogre Power
<worn on finger> Ring of Folly
<worn on finger> Ring of Folly
<held> Bottle of Gnomish Spirits

if the raise number is harder to hit now... thats good.
because under the old system it seemed i could be doing a raise in this junk and have no worries at all... do you really think the guy wearing this stuff should be able to raise you? these are not the hands that pick you up and put you back together. holding the firewater!

soloing for me is now only about fear and desire. unless i 'press my luck', i cannot be killed.

:twisted:
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Autolycos » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:56 am

*laffs at Brand for getting killed by Lyme ticket girl*

*Laffs at myself for dying everywhere else!*

12345 had a neat suggestion, what if a cleric could bless a weapon for a tank or thief for example, and it temporarily add extra damage or proc of somekind? and then coded like atonement, you would be limited on how many times or *time frame* it would last?

could you imagine how cool that would be? MABLE! write that down! :twisted:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby firebrand » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:32 am

autobot sed: could you imagine how cool that would be? MABLE! write that down!

Mable??? don't you mean Fable? i thought that will was your personal whipping boy? :twisted:
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:13 pm

Ooo no Reb ur our master, who we serve and kiss the ground u walk on.
*droool*

Oooo crap must of been sleeping :-P
*wipes drool*
Leaf

Postby brand » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:05 pm

yeah that bit with the ticket girl was humbling, but there is a lesson in there somewhere... yeah when your light drops and you know you should leave but you firewind anyway... and then you somehow manage to live that round and you really should leave but you firewind anyway... and then you LOSE CON!... and then you really want to leave because you're in a bloody ball at the feet of none other than THE TICKET GIRL... and then someone named autolycos remembers it and it's like it happened all over again... :evil:
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:54 pm

Sucks to be YOU!
Leaf

Postby Autolycos » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:25 pm

haha Brand, yeah, that is pretty bad...

But no worse then a lev 20av who runs to sahaguin prince in regen gear whilst forgetting to waterbreathe ones self... nothing quite as drowning slowly, regenning most of it back each tick, that is a slow painful death to watch. :oops:

hehe
Autolycos

Postby Leaf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:34 pm

I think I did that once when I had Link ... as a nc/nc my hp regen was alot.
However I think drowning damage has been increased over the yrs.
Leaf

Postby rith » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:50 pm

Ill certainly look forward to sloth 4 cause ill quit altogether :D

However it will be nice if clerics could get animate dead spell back, i mean they are attuned to death with raise dead, why not animate dead. Sure clerics wont get undead eq but it will greatly help them :P

animate dead corpse zombie

A zombie of Chainer is limping aroud :twisted:
rith

Postby Toxis » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:07 am

Cleric is a decent class if you realize what clerics are for. They're not solo, they're group based. They're healers, and undead killers. Darkmace not only is a weapon that damages undead, but it is a sanc buster AND it gives Rawr +3 mana regen at this present time, which I love. I can't count the times when my aerial servant saved me from death only by 1 or 2 hit points in both a group or while running to an area.

I haven't taken much time popping +heal equip, what is max +90 for healing cap- not sure, but I can't wait to have that in a group along with my regen. Rawr is going to be an amazing healer someday, and that's good enough for me.

So what if other classes are better solo, I have the abilities I want and that's good enough for me.

-Brad
Toxis
Triple 40 Poster

Postby .kitn » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:48 am

[quote="Toxis":1omxcx95]Cleric is a decent class if you realize what clerics are for. They're not solo, they're group based.[/quote:1omxcx95]

MWAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAHAHHAHA (c)Enea

exactly.
.kitn

Postby 12345 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:42 am

Disappointing statement, especially considering how far away it is from it's background.

MUD difers from the original game in a couple key aspects. First, a cleric should be able to wear almost every kind of armor that a warrior can. Second, a cleric should have almost as many hps as a warrior. Neither of these is true in mud.

Their blunted weapons are typically weaker, but don't suffer penalties against undead, making them almost 2x as effective as other classes against undead. Not to mention their spells.

If clerics were closer to their roots, they would be perfectly capable as a solo class.

Postby Autolycos » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:30 am

yes, and we could argue that white is black and black is white, and all get killed at the next zebra crossing ... (c) Douglas Adams

:twisted:
Autolycos

Postby 12345 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:57 am

Fundamentally altering a class creates balance issues. A balance issue was raised. Not surprisingly, it can be addressed by referring to the original template for the class. This would also do nothing to hurt the role of cleric's in groups.

I'm not trying to be trivial about this. They've done numerous things to bring clerics more towards 'reality', like eliminating undeads, but for the most part continue to ignore its origin, which worked perfectly well and could be made to work in Sloth quite easily.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)