Thanks to cr helpers - a short story

Use this forum for general discussions

Thanks to cr helpers - a short story

Postby Taki » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:15 am

Yesterday Salan and Taki were venturing in the northern lands of Thule to reach a cold place called Diabolan Valley. They heard that some intrepid avdenturers might find glory and wealth in such a land and that was a good reason for travelling so far... and they moved on.

After a long walk in the freezing rocky lands they finally arrived near the valley. But they didn't imagine what was lurking in the shadows. As they moved along to the north, a fierce beast attacked! They didn't know what it was but for its rage and fury they called it 'the berserker'... Taki jumped to protect Salan, as the beast had attacked her at first, and yelled at her to flee for her life! She could run away as Taki got two blows that almost shattered him to pieces. In a last moment of lucidity he recited a scroll of recall and magically reached safety. But Salan was still in the wild... in desperate conditions. Taki had one scroll left so he reached for it and as he was to utter the magic words he felt that Salan had succumbed to her unlucky fate. The beast's bloodthirst had led it to its wounded prey, and there Salan had but too little chances...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that, [b:2endn7x9]Stryx[/b:2endn7x9] and [b:2endn7x9]Blaise[/b:2endn7x9] came to help rescue the corpse. (Hope i didn't misspell their names) - Blaise even killed the berserker and so Salan could get back all her equipment. A big thank goes to both these helpful players and to those who answered our distress call.

Notes:

- Taki is a 19 monk/thief, Salan 19 monk/cleric - both have very little knowledge of Sloth's world but are willing to (and are) learning.

- The berserker, and some other nasty spits of acid that helped killing Salan and almost Taki were not mentioned in the map... if they would have been, we'd probably have gone elsewhere... Are those some random roaming mobs? What level (and xp) is approx a berserker? What are those acid spits coming from nearby rooms?
Patience and powerful strikes!
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Thanks for the rescue

Postby seshi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:36 am

Just want to add my thanks to the kind rescuers. Standing at Wide Gate Thule with not a piece of equipment or even a pair of pants is not the most pleasant ofexperieriences!

One of the things that I've liked since I started playing this game is the helpfulness and co-operation between the players. It makes the Sloth World a very nice place to be. Having Blaise drop the Beserker corpse in my lap complete with all my painfully acquired equipment was great.

So thanks again to Stryx and Blaise

Salan
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
Source: Capt. Lazarus Long in Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein
seshi

AH run

Postby Avatar » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:20 am

The berserker is quite fun, I can't say the xp total on him. I usually don't kill him even if he hits me and hates me, I just flee and try to run past him.

The acid spits were mostly likely from the ice gargoyles near Nanook. Those are two mobs that are stationary now and spit, as you've seen.

It can be a dangerous run to the Chilly Intersection, which is on the way to most of the areas on the north side of Thule. If you're small and need to get past that to safer areas, I'd suggest liting up before the run.

Glad you got the eq back though, and nice story introduction :)
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Zalasta » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:28 am

The berserker is a bit less than 200k experience, but that's kind of deceptive because he's much harder than say a ghoul from the catacombs. Generally I think of him (actually there are 2) as an obstacle to get by, rather than a mob to kill, and that's with a 5x40! That being said, I expect that a level 40 character could kill him if there was a pressing need (like a CR).

Looks like Avatar already answered the other question. In general, I try to pretype the run through that area so I run through very quickly.

I liked the story too :)
Zalasta

Return to General Chat (Registered)