Blindness issues

Use this forum for general discussions

Blindness issues

Postby Wintersdark » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:11 pm

First, is it intended that you cannot cast 'cure blindness' on yourself? Seems kinda odd, really. Wouldn't Cure Blindness be better as a self only spell than a targetted spell? Or, better yet, simply a spell that targets self by default, or someone else if given a target.

Also, along the blindness issue... why can't blindfight be used in combat? I mean, really, if I get blinded in combat I can't start blindfighting?

It's bizzare. Once your blind, your screwed - can't cure the blindness, and if your fighting you can't make use of blindfighting.

Any chance of having these two skills/spells looked at and hopefully fixed?
Wintersdark

Postby Leaf » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:05 am

Blindfighting is a Monk skill.
However I do believe other classes have the skill. It's not something u can
turn on or off. Without monk in class, it's like an auto blindfight. You get
more -hit and stuff. However with Monk and having that skill at 85%. You
can have a better chance of +hit. Thats all it does. I don't believe u get
-dam or anything like that.

Man I hope that made sense ... cause it doesn't to me hehehe.
Leaf

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:16 am

I think what Leaf meant to say is that if you're a monk with blindfight, and you get blinded, you are still blinded, but you only lose about half your combat abilities. ie. instead of being -4 hit and -4 AC, you're only -2/-2. You still won't be able to cast spells that require a target, like most healing spells, but if you have blasting spells, you can still cast most of them without giving a target since it actually assumes you want to hit the mob you're fighting.

Happy hunting.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Re: Blindness issues

Postby kjartan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:58 am

[quote="Wintersdark":1ae9pzur]First, is it intended that you cannot cast 'cure blindness' on yourself? Seems kinda odd, really. Wouldn't Cure Blindness be better as a self only spell than a targetted spell? Or, better yet, simply a spell that targets self by default, or someone else if given a target.[/quote:1ae9pzur]
That would be nice, but the folks who designed the blindness spell deliberately made it so that would be impossible. They are very fiendish.
kjartan
Creator

Postby Wintersdark » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:56 am

[quote="12345":1x1qhsdx]I think what Leaf meant to say is that if you're a monk with blindfight, and you get blinded, you are still blinded, but you only lose about half your combat abilities. ie. instead of being -4 hit and -4 AC, you're only -2/-2. You still won't be able to cast spells that require a target, like most healing spells, but if you have blasting spells, you can still cast most of them without giving a target since it actually assumes you want to hit the mob you're fighting.

Happy hunting.[/quote:1x1qhsdx]

I am aware of this... I am a monk, and have the skill. That is how it works, but the problem is you have to initiate it, it's not automatic.

You cannot initiate blindfighting while fighting - that is my problem with blindfighting.

It should be automatic, or at least able to be initiated in combat. Is that too much to ask?
Wintersdark

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:07 am

Not sure. I know featherfall and waterwalk were made auto-skills. On the other hand, I believe mindbar can prevent blindness completely, if you cast it before battle. It may be the way it is to keep it on par with mindbar.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Wintersdark » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:22 pm

[quote="12345":cpju9tjp]Not sure. I know featherfall and waterwalk were made auto-skills. On the other hand, I believe mindbar can prevent blindness completely, if you cast it before battle. It may be the way it is to keep it on par with mindbar.[/quote:cpju9tjp]

I don't think so - assuming mindbar completely prevents blindness, it's going to be far and above better than blindfight no matter what - the tohit/ac penalties of being blind are really the least of your problems.

Blindfighting should be automatic, or, if not automatic, at least usable in combat.

Blindfight only helps reduce those penalties, it does not allow you to see/prevent the blindness in the first place. You still can't even heal yourself when blind, let alone anyone else in the group.

All I want is for blindfight to be even remotely useful :)
Wintersdark

Postby Weasel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:34 pm

mindbar also blocks a lot of your own spells on yourself.. like detect invis etc..
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby kjartan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:03 am

After discussion, the immortals have concluded that indeed blindfight should be automatic. So, after next crash or reboot it shall be.
kjartan
Creator

Postby Wintersdark » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:09 pm

Woohoo! Thanks, as with the flail issues, your work is much appreciated :)
Wintersdark

Return to General Chat (Registered)