Atheist can't sacrifice something?

Use this forum for general discussions

Atheist can't sacrifice something?

Postby Blastem » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:27 pm

[quote:1f16fdc4] Posted by: *kjartan* on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 08:15 PM
Sloth World Atheists can no longer sacrifice corpses (except in a temple, to start worshipping someone).
[/quote:1f16fdc4]

Why man Why?.... I have a few Atheist chars who are proud to have made it to their levels with out ever having to pray for holy items.. but now they will never again be allowed to use supplication.... What did it hurt to allow them to sac a corpse to call upon the spirits of the past to give them aid... there are alot of cultures that don't use "gods"

Blastem ... who is still waiting for a drop all.note command
Blastem
40 Prime Poster

Postby Medios » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:41 pm

Paul , Atheists cant burn corpses. Its against their religion.

Mike
Medios

Postby Leaf » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:14 pm

[quote="Medios":3dwchzit]Paul , Atheists cant burn corpses. Its against their religion.

Mike[/quote:3dwchzit]

Actually Mike, an Atheist doesn't have a religion. They can burn, chop,
grope, etc... a corpse anyway they want. So for them to "sac" a corpse
it's just like killing something for a skill/spell. They don't care.
Leaf

Postby firebrand » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:44 pm

*growl* greeeeeat....now we'll have even MORE corpses lying around, cluttering up the rooms and eating up even MORE bandwidth for those who are paying for it by bandwidth or whatever.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby brand » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:56 pm

what is this pay by bandwidth thing? is that like playing from a jail?
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Medios » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:18 am

[quote="Leaf":3gnjdnt8]
Actually Mike, an Atheist doesn't have a religion. They can burn, chop,
grope, etc... a corpse anyway they want. So for them to "sac" a corpse
it's just like killing something for a skill/spell. They don't care.[/quote:3gnjdnt8]

Will wtf are you talking about, dont you understand a joke when you see one. Wake up sonny.

Mike
Medios

Postby Blastem » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:20 am

I would really like to hear why this was put in... let me guess REALISM again well what the hell is realistic about having 50-60 people wandering around the word sacrificing thing to their gods... oooops I just saw that person park in a handi-cap zone there for they're evil ... kill them and spread their blood all over the parking lot to appease (insert your god here) yeah thats realism..

Please give us an answer on this as I'm not the only player pissed off over this one.

Blastem is still waiting to drop all.note
Blastem
40 Prime Poster

Postby Leaf » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:24 am

You have to call me Sir William.

And u know i like Pucking with ur mind on Sloth :)
Leaf

Postby kjartan » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:26 pm

[quote="Blastem":329cqnu7]Please give us an answer on this as I'm not the only player pissed off over this one.[/quote:329cqnu7]
It seems that the only players pissed off over this would be the atheists, and they wouldn't attach any validity to an answer from me anyway, right?
kjartan
Creator

Postby osric » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:49 pm

This is BS. If you guys are really serious about this whole alignment thing you (immorts) should classify yourselves as good evil and yes even neutral so that everyone can use supplicants, then there would even be a purpose in following certain of you who otherwise go a tad underworshipped. Wouldn't that be a novel concept, instead of having completely schitzo gods who are willing to do things for you if you are saintly or demonic but if you happen to be more well adjusted you can't get dick out of them, good gods could hand out the good supplicants and the evil gods could hand out the bad ones, then those of you who really want to create change can come up with some neutral supps with which to crowd the mud and we can all be happy! It just seems as though we are getting nonstop punished for playing lately, personally I'd rather we were all a bit more well adjusted. :roll:
osric
Double 40 Poster

Postby Akasha2 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:13 pm

Well, I've always maintained an evil alignment, but if you're insisting that I play my god with the alignment I perfer then no more help from me. Why would an evil god want to help you? or care if you lost your equipment and need help? or someone ploots you, why should I (your evil god) care to assist you in any way?
Akasha2
Greater God

Postby osric » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:02 pm

I am not talking about strict roleplaying, alignment is not a rational or natural thing, people do not assign themselves an alignment at birth and then never stray from it (as is suggested in a certain game from whence the idea for many aspects of this mud came), that's silly. What I mean is that gods should take aspects of evil or good or neutrality and have fun with it, so that people who are neutral (which is admitedly where I spend most of my time these days) aren't left in the lurch, because just like when you didn't get picked until last for kickball in grade school Akasha, being left out isn't all that fun! :wink:
osric
Double 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:41 pm

I've said it before. The immorts these days like screwing the Vet. Players.
They prefer to have Newbies around, because thats all they are going to
have when all the Vets. start leaving. We have already lost a few. Lets
keep going like that Energizer Bunny... They keep going n going n going
until we all leave.

Have we hit 50 votes with all the new "changes" lately? Naw don't think so.
Leaf

Postby Blastem » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:45 am

Another player is about to head out the door.

*tips his hat to a condencending Kj*
Blastem
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:50 am

Seems the conversation is turning...

I'm noticing that folks are trying to rationalize something that doesn't make any sense at all, gods and mortals alike. For starters, we now have two systems for dealing with gods. Sacrifices, used mostly by lower levels, and alignment which has recently been tied to gods through supplication. Has anyone noticed these two systems don't mesh?

For instance, it's pretty clear Blaster is an evil god, regardless of the fact he's a pretty cool guy. His temple is inhabited by evil minions. However, I can worship the guy, go to his temple, slay his minions, become good, sacrifice them to Blaster and make the guy happy enough with me that he'll give me holy equipment and a peri.

If I'm neutral, I can still get holy equipment, but supplicants are out. I can get supplicants regardless of how often I sacrifice. The combination makes them appear very confused. Rewarding us with supplicants for good and evil but not neutral makes them seem schizophrenic.

In the continuing quest for realism, you've completely lost it. We now have confused, schizophrenic gods. Not surprisingly... we also have confused players.

The system doesn't make sense. Rationalizing the system is meaningless. However, just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it needs to be changed. The game is built upon things that don't make sense... so you're not really disappointing anyone if a couple things aren't perfect.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)