MXP additions and xp changes

Code changes, new spells/skills/songs, etc

MXP additions and xp changes

Postby *Splork* » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:34 pm

I have created a config so that you guys can customize which mxp options
you choose to use. At the moment, it looks something like this...

mxpconfig
MXP configuration:
PROMPT: on
ITEMS: on
CHANNELS: on
EXITS: on

MXPITEMS= will toggle on hyperlinked items that can be picked up using your mouse. Items flagged no_take will not appear hyperlinked, this should cut down on the spam.

MXPPROMPT= This will turn on our mxp prompt. However, at this time we are unsure what this will be, most likely some type of compass, etc

MXPCHANNELS= Allows the player to send safe_mxp tags across most public and private channels.

MXPEXITS= Enables hyperlinkes and menued exits. These exits allow click to move, scan, and look in that direction

MXPCONFIG= This shows the player if their options are turned ON or OFF.

Another MXP addition is the use of hovering your mouse over top of the most deadly boards which are spread throughout each continent. By doing this, you will see the last slayer of that mob and can do a last player or who of that player to see levels and if they are on-this information is simply for fun.

I've also made an adjustment to our xp rates. I've slightly lowered the solo xp bonus and given that bonus to groups. As well, Ive added that same amt to areas which are not run very often. Please take the time to explore and check out the area and group bonuses, they are well worth the effort. Also remember, a mob's xp grows as it grows. The longer a mob has been alive, the better xp it is. Some of the best xp runs can be had by clearing out areas that have not been touched in a few hours.

Enjoy,
Splork

BTW, some of our mxp additions will remain on permanantly and will not be able to be configured with mxpconfig. One such example: our revamped mxp helps. This is simply because I feel they warrent it :twisted:
*Splork*
Site Admin

mxpconfig changed to mxpsettings

Postby *Splork* » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:10 pm

Ive changed the command from mxpconfig to mxpsettings. Basically just to be more in line with settings command.

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Return to Mud changes and New Stuff