Sack or Backpack for Druids?

Information about the druid class

Sack or Backpack for Druids?

Postby SirRobin » Sat May 07, 2005 1:59 am

Just started a new character with Druid prime again, the idea of shapeshifting really appeals to me. A couple of questions related to this:

1) To be able to shapeshift requires that you travel very light, you can carry almost nothing. I was wondering, do the rest of you even bother to use a backpack, or is there a trick to getting more carrying capacity with a druid.

2) When I do have my possessions down to the level needed to shapeshift, I run into another problem with looting the corpse; it gives me the error that I’m out of room when trying to get the coins. Is this just a problem with the lower level animals like the Cat and Ferret, because they don’t have enough strength? And if so, at what level will it get to be easy to use the animal form for all my fighting, Drake maybe?

3) By the way, can the Frog actually fight at its level? Seems like a silly animal for level 10, maybe they should have made it a salamander…
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Postby Avatar » Sat May 07, 2005 8:57 am

Druid primes start with a green cape, which is a sort of backpack. You can put your stuff in there and wear it, then you won't have stuff in your inventory and it should be easier to pick stuff up. It does get easier as you level, because your carrying capacity will increase and the strength of the shift forms increases.

The frog is a pretty good fighter, once you have frog you'll level pretty easily for a few levels.

I assume that you're using potions while you're low level. It's quite handy to get those armor potions (red?) and strength potions (orange).

charles
Triple 40 Poster

Postby SirRobin » Sat May 07, 2005 8:33 pm

The cape has pockets? THE CAPE HAS POCKETS!!!

Thanks, I had no idea the cape was a container, this makes it much easier.

I just started using the animal forms for fighting a lot, and I see that mobs con equal to or lower than the human form. Somewhat comical to think I can kill a ghoul with the Sparrow.

So I’m assuming that most Druids don’t worry about their AR in human form, and don’t wear a lot of non-shifting armor, since their main fighting method is to shift to an animal form.
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Druids again

Postby Avatar » Sat May 07, 2005 9:26 pm

It seems pretty common that druids looking for eq will focus on mana or mana regen eq, to either increase the time they can stay shifted or to reduce the time they need to regen between fights. Then of course any shiftable eq that we can wear while shifting is nice too.
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Druid