How do you sort items in vaults / keep vaults clean?

Use this forum for general discussions

How do you sort items in vaults / keep vaults clean?

Postby Insomnia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am

I have hundreds of vaulted items that –
  • don't belong to a eqset (eqsets are stored in a separate room)
  • are not Runes or gems
  • may be a cp for some useful forge
  • may belong to an autoquest line
  • may be some high-level item that I may need later
  • may be something useful that I do not want to get rid of (e.g. a radiant blue potion)
  • with about 50% probability are junk
I would like to sort out what I need and what to discard, group items by category (e.g. put them in same room and add appropriate room names/descriptions) – and ideally do it all in an automated manner.

I wonder if anyone ever tried to solve this combinatorial task? 8)

My current thoughts are as follows. For every item, I want to check whether it –
  • is personal
  • is a forge
  • is a cp for a forge
  • has 6x40+ level restrictions (may add more level categories)
  • belongs to an autoquest, and whether I've already completed the autoquest
  • is something useful (a radiant blue potion)
  • can be turned in for conquest points
  • (is a duplicate of an item from one of the above categories)
The idea is go through all items and add the respective tags – this should be not too hard to automate.

The next step is to process categories by tags:
  • Untagged => most likely, useless, sell to shop, or give away, or junk
  • Unique high-level item => keep vaulted
  • Unique forges, forge cps, autoquest items => manually go through the list and decide
  • Duplicates => try to turn in for conquest points => sell on auction, or sell to shop, or give away, or junk
Then, for what's left, put items with the same tags/belonging to the same forges in the same vault room.

Am I missing anything? Thoughts? :P
Insomnia
40 Prime Poster

Re: How do you sort items in vaults / keep vaults clean?

Postby cnl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:54 pm

I use a rather manual approach involving annotations, single purpose vaults and containers in the vaults.

I made an alias and some scripts to reformat the way inventory, eq, shopping lists and vaults are displayed.

I can easily annotate items in game. ie, sub+ potion <red> heals 10 hp would:
determine full name of 1st item called potion in inventory, and create an entry to annotate the text 'heals 10 hp' in red whenever it's listed. https://imgur.com/3mNewUJ

this is all done by hand. as I've identified things, or forged things or pursued forging things I annotate them.

some of the problem i tackle up front like you do. for example, i have a vault for fx reborn aq items. this is tracked off a list of aqs i keep so only 1 of each needed item goes in. then if i pop extra it goes in a known "junk" vault where i can sell off or spirit or whatever. likewise, i keep forge vaults but with the combination of annotations and putting cps for a single forge in a container like a sack. the annotations make it easy to group them into containers in the first place and to spot duplicates when isolated in a container.
https://imgur.com/7n9qqJ2

yes, this is an expensive solution since i "waste" a fair amount of slots on containers but all said it's a trivial amount if you have so much vaults and eq that it's an issue trying to save money on not putting containers is a waste of time.

then there's several vaults i just don't dare go visit because mistakes were made.
cnl
40 Prime Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)