Rank Clasps

Use this forum for general discussions

Rank Clasps

Postby Bandit » Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Can the army insignia clasps get some love? It'd be nice if they were consistent across all ranks to attach to any slot.

Right now the lower ranks attach in many slots, but as you move up in ranks it changes for the worse. Right now if I wanted to rank up to Myth I wouldn't have a slot for the clasp as a thief. I already have a nice stab dam clasp on gloves and the boots I wear have a permanent clasp for +dam. I imagine other classes have a variety of issues as they rank up as well because class specific clasps tend to be on different slots.
Bandit

Re: Rank Clasps

Postby Belrath » Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm

I agree with bandit.

Also another thing. At the moment, myth and upper ranks are not available. What I have heard is that there was supposed to be a quest to open them up, but the quest got never finished.

I'm suggesting just to open them up. No quest needed. The hundreds of hours hunting honor points is a task enough imho.

---Belrath
Belrath

Postby Dingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:09 am

I must say the many many many 3am, 5am hitting Xerxes and billions of furys, bugbears, elite guards etc ect as well as the usual epic group runs was waaaay hard and looong enough to get the honor in the first place.
Ive been stuck 3 clasps behind for months and months.

I support just opening them up as a reward for all the effort they took

If an AQ if wanted by the immorts can we put it (however complex) on Ascended clasp as the ultimate honor achievement?

Dingo
Dingo

Postby Dingo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:26 am

Obviously i meant Celestial clasp as the ultimate clasp
My bad

Dingo
Dingo

Postby *Idjit* » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 am

I'm going to add my voice that i Disagree that these need a quest.
It takes about eight billion years to get these clasps already.
So cease and desist about needing a quest please.
--D
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Idjit* » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:03 am

Remember Cizin left in disgust partly because the rank clasps ended at Power in his time.
--D
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Idjit* » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:06 am

I am in concurrence with Bandit that having numerous of the higher clasps have Lesser slots to attach to, goes counter to the fact that by the time you're that rank, you have competing clasps attached to 1/3 to 1/2 of your spots already. I point to the fact that if the head-slot is the last available spot for say Legend clasp, and you're a Caster class trying to constitution-fix your Emperor's Crown with the star emblem (and before someone mutters a counter-argument let me preempt that by pointing out that it's a nonremovable clasp) in max mana mode, you therefore are stuck with nowhere to put the rank clasp.

I'm sure others could cite other conundrums.
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Ker » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Cizin underestimated Sir Dave(Akasha)'s intentions.
6 month solo honor grind to gain +1 mana regen is quite the feat!
M
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:10 am

fixing the code to give the whatever clasp that doesnt give itself is easy. (forgot which one it was at the moment, but i have a note on my imm board about which one it is and why)

if someone would let me know _before_ they rank gained so i can deep-track it and fix it that way.

there should be 1/2/3 posts on the subject on this forum.

i also have nothing against more ranks/clasps etc. it just takes more work than i personally have time at the moment for and as such would require help from the current imm staff if there is anyone that wants to volunteer on the huge undertaking it is.

// F
*Breeze*

Postby Driven » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 pm

For the time being, I don't think people want additional ranks/clasps... they just want to be able to rank gain beyond Power, get their new clasp, and be able to wear the new clasp. Breeze, I will email you the details.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Replied to your email
*Breeze*

Postby Gorka » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:36 am

For some reason the ascended clasp is not showing on the eqlist, only celestial... however I was talking with the dawg today and he seemed to think that ascended was the fable clasp except ma regen was substituted for handdam... (celestial has both).

Now obviously people's preference is going to be the celestial clasp which has both... but ask people if they want the hand dam or ma regen pre-versions and you will get different answers... If it's true that it works like this, why the hell would we make a rank "good for nothing" - especially at this level of the rank system. Either people are going to want Fable for the ma regen, or Ascended for the hand dam. In my case for example I don't even want Ascended and would skip to straight to Celestial. Who makes these decisions... and I'm not even talking about how irrelevant and poor value this system is in the first place - compared to others for time and effort.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Return to General Chat (Registered)