Caster stats for Avatar Light

Use this forum for general discussions

Caster stats for Avatar Light

Postby Vegetable » Sun May 24, 2020 10:12 am

Hi guys, with all the recent discussion to improve/balance classes and eq, can we also talk about avatar light?

Currently, the stats available for avatar light mainly benefit melee classes (ac/dam/etc). With more players rolling for caster class now, it would be a good idea to have a look at this right now. Looking at the available stats, I can only see the avatar light as a regen gear for caster right now, unless they are going with some hybrid melee damage + spell build. Having that cool avatar light and using it only for regen, in my opinion, is such a big waste.

I suggest adding some caster oriented stats (spell save/heal bonus/spell bonus/UC? :P/some cool procs to replenish a small amount of mana Or hp?/etc).

We should probably also remove stats like str/dex/int/etc from the light as ppl will generally get them from avatar shop instead of wasting 1 slot on their avatar light. Max stats may be more appropriate.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,
The Vegetable Union
Vegetable

Re: Caster stats for Avatar Light

Postby *Breeze* » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Make a comprehensive proposal and I will consider it and discuss with the immts.

Final decision is between Neptune and I.

Current avatar light code is 99% mine. Rewrote it awhile back...

If you have an idea for a difficult quest to allow you to recycle your avatar light send it to me personally via email.
*Breeze*

Postby Dingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:22 am

Well Here im not that informed as to what to offer and anything total caster related (as no Druid or Necro alt)
Simply fro a Mage (Tinx) point of view, yeah love to be able to wear the av light as an end game item.
SO all i can add as a comment that a mage can already get a +10spell light or +5pell,-2saves or -3saves,3MaR options so i'd expect something slightly better than this (or whats the point?)
SO guessing
0/2 +5spell
0/2 -1saves
leave the +5Mar as is (please comment others)
0/2 ?? +heal (please Druid or cleric comment)
?? Undead control (no idea, necro pls comment)
some other cool proc (um no idea, Vege what were you thinking here?)

Agree the standard stats here are totally useless.
Cant see someone putting +str (or any other std stat) when 10B will buy you that in Av shop

Just a conversation piece as didnt see this thread added to as Breeze had asked
Please comment

Dingo (Tinx)
Dingo

Postby Gorka » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 am

Avatar Light? Sure, mix it up a little, add the suggested new stuffs... However if you are a maxed rebirth avatar, the light still wouldn't offer much even with the new suggestions...

How about Rebirth Light, how about a perm spell... how about haste? For the person who has pretty much everything, it's the last stone in my shoe... Clearly with the up to 10x xp from the sceptre, the extra coins, the mobs no longer allow to hit us because of blind/slow procs, the extra 100 damage a round, nothing is sacred anymore - not even perm haste. The game has already run away too far I feel, so why not.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Idjit* » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:33 am

if we add:

10 HB (non doubleable)
10 SB (non doubleable)

each eating 1 selection unit.
if we did nothing else, that's a start.
However if it's only 10 instead of fifteen, then it's also not any sexier than all the lights that only require avatar-1st in level restriction.
This is a valid point.
--D
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Dingo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:15 am

Ok so please let me know if this is current thoughts from posts and group discussions about caster additions for an lights
0/1 +10 bonus spell damage
0/1 +10 heal damage (bonus? I guess)
0/2 -1 saves (up to -3 saves was discussed but thought greedy if in say -2 saves lots)
0/1 +handdam (not part of caster discussion but many ppl said the loss of MaR seemed apt)
0/1 +5MaR (ppl said leave as is ppl said but 0/2 +5MaR might suit some
Ppl who only want it as a regent item?? )

I got no feedback from necros ??
Remove or leave the normal stats but no one will ever use
Guys what else did we discuss???

Dingo
Dingo

Postby Dingo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:17 am

Actually I think it was
0/1 -2 saves

Dingo
Dingo

Return to General Chat (Registered)