2019 Labor Day Festivities - on Sunday 9/1

Check for upcoming quests or area openers!

2019 Labor Day Festivities - on Sunday 9/1

Postby *Idjit* » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Good day my fellow slothers,
We will have a regular epics with tokens load on Sunday 9/1 at 11AM Pacific time.
I will get a timer up here in a moment.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... erif&csz=1
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Re: 2019 Labor Day Festivities - on Sunday 9/1

Postby Gorka » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:53 am

I'm not against imm quests, I'm thankful for them, I'm not against epics with tokens... But surely there are better ideas to earn the reward than what tends to be a couple of players at the keyboard leading a whiny horde of "what about me!" self entitled bastages. The idea encourages no contribution or much collaboration. We may as well line up and let an imm set drachma = drachma + x on all the players. It's as cancerous as players afking in group with choppers at Xerxes. We practically don't even need to scroll for epics these days. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the drachma anyway I can... but this doesn't encourage the type of players the game needs to survive. It's a game I'm kind of fond of, even though on a daily basis it frustrates me with it's silliness. Are we really at a point of giving players drachma for practically nothing - to try and keep them playing? There will always be the can's and the cant's the haves and the have not's but at least make us work for it. Communal cp gathering or trivia quests have worked well in the past. At least put the token's on unknown mobs and give us some clues to find the zones or something slightly more thrilling. Otherwise we may as well just line up at the innkeeper where you can give the leader 15-20 tokens, to save yourself the trouble of distributing them to a bunch of tired old, predictable, low xp giving epics. The only thing unpredictable about our certain success is how many token's there will be... and that makes it all quite boring to be frank. Appreciate the drachma though...

PS, if the imms haven't noticed, groups larger than 12 killing almost anything get less xp than smaller groups running non epics.
PSS, I bet pale night is still broken.

IDEA:

How about something like... a trivia quiz (how many unique mobs in Grymlyns? whats the room name east of iblis, how many coins has ...? whats the meaning of life? etc etc) where each correct answer (leader submits one answer agreed on by the group) gives us a RANDOM letter in a room name, which is somewhere in the game. Once the room name is unscrambled using the letters we won from the trivia, we can retrieve the grenade there, the group gets locked and the party starts. At least everyone can contribute in the trivia and unscrambling of the room name to find the grenade. We all know any regular epic is going to die, that's the certain part. At least the puzzle part might be fun.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:57 pm

not a bad idea but takes a bit more prepwork than we have at the moment.

maybe something like Mario Party would be fun.. but still soemthing that would require code/planning
*Breeze*

Postby Gorka » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:20 am

Thanks to the immortals for the quest last night. Some were upset at my post for daring to suggest that quests should be harder - having been accustom to running in the sloth equivalent to "shorts and a t-shirt" for too long. I don't believe I was wrong, as some complained it wasn't going to be "easy drachma" anymore. It wasn't about being a moron, it's just that rot tends to set in when people have it too good, and players don't get better, and without struggle there is less fun. If people don't need to pay attention... they won't. It certainly was harder...

* There was mob stacking.
* Unexpected mob appearances.
* Puzzle elements.
* Mobs were moved.

All 20 tokens were retrieved in a little over four hours. We only used 4 scrolls, and there was a fair amount of deaths, but there were only a few brief moments in actual fights where we were questioned. I took a 1200hp round at one point fighting 5? large mobs.

Throne of Charred Bone
Exits: South
(Brilliant Red Aura) The ender of all tales is about to bring an end to the story of your life.
The Fire Negator glows with a bright light!
(Brilliant Red Aura) The ender of all tales is about to bring an end to the story of your life.
(Red Aura) Tearing at a fresh kill, Tyrannosaurus rex guards her egg.
(Red Aura) A whirlwind of flame tosses fire and brimstone into the air.

<1328hp 753ma 571mv -15.0ac Plane of Fire Extension 12741487585xp 90%>
recall
cast 'word of recall'
@@
The Fire Negator's claw bounces off your heavy armor.
You skillfully parry the attack of the Fire Negator.
The Fire Negator hates your guts!
Your riposte viciously massacres the Fire Negator.
You are viciously massacred by the Fire Negator's bite.
The Fire Negator looks shocked as it cuts itself on your petrified armor!
You are viciously massacred by the Fire Negator's slice.
You skillfully parry the attack of Tyrannosaurus rex.
Your riposte viciously massacres Tyrannosaurus rex.
Tyrannosaurus rex misses you with her claw.
You are brutally massacred by Tyrannosaurus rex's claw.
Tyrannosaurus rex misses you with her bite.
Tyrannosaurus rex misses you with her bite.
You skillfully parry the attack of Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame.
Your riposte viciously massacres Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame.
You are brutally massacred by Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame's whip.
Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame looks shocked as he cuts himself on your petrified armor!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING that much!
Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame's whip bounces off your heavy armor.
You are viciously massacred by Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame's whip.
You brutally massacre the Fire Negator with your slash.
You deal a critical blow to one of the Fire Negator's vital organs.
You viciously massacre the Fire Negator with your slash.
Tyrannosaurus rex tears a chunk of your flesh from your body!!
Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame breathes, filling the room with a torrent of flames!
You are roasted in the inferno!
You resist almost all of the damage...
Pyrkagia, Lord of Flame breathes a stream of fire at you! You are engulfed in flames!
You report 109/1682 hp. Change: -1208. Need: 1573. Spells: greater fluidity, glowing.

<109hp 753ma 571mv -15.0ac Plane of Fire Extension 12741526987xp 76%>

Stacking mobs brought out slightly better tactics, but stacking a room needs to be done carefully... as it's very easy to stack too much and kill a group. Most "tokens on epics" quests are assist tank, cast disint, come back 2 minutes later and (lie about how much drachma you received - especially if you're Sochi). But the puzzle elements and moving the mobs prolonged the quest by about 3hrs I would suspect. Good contribution on the puzzle elements. I think when groups are called on to use collective intelligence the quest is more fun. The challenge these days tends to be more in the logistics and the searching, than the actual killing. Combat rarely calls for more than assist tank, cast spells... poor old sloth is a bit limited in that respect.

I appreciate that took more time to prepare, but I think it was more memorable.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Return to Quest Announcements