The Smarter Nerfs To Warriors...

Use this forum for general discussions

The Smarter Nerfs To Warriors...

Postby Gorka » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:36 am

For those who don't know, warcry has been nerfed for warriors solo - net effect for me is about -100hp, -3 damage and a spell save for me.

This isn't a post to cry about it, just suggest a far smarter nerf... if the intention was to simply stop warriors from retreat and warcry tactics... it was far smarter to move this benefit to oath of victory - where retreat and re-crying was not an option.

Similarly if second wind is to be changed, it should only work for skills, not spells.

I understand that warcry was being abused, nerfs are unpleasant and sometimes necessary, but I think the lighter hand, sit back and watch approach was probably better.

Scoff as some players will, my warrior tactics never involved the prolific abuse of warcry or second wind, I find the movement loss of second wind mana inefficient, and for xp I only kill mobs I can crush and have no reason to use warcry/retreat tactics. The effects to me don't appear to be that great, perhaps the loss of damage and the spellsave was most disappointing. But what is damage these days when you have proc weapons...
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: The Smarter Nerfs To Warriors...

Postby Gorka » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:45 am

Another smarter idea would have been to not discharge the warcry until a mob dies... an adaption of the current oath of victory code. The problem with the warrior class, is not its power, but the techniques. There was no need to nerf the power of the warcry that a warrior earns with 10,000's of group mob kills... all that was needed was to make sure a mob was actually dead before a warrior can warcry again. I understand the change, but it over reached.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *teker* » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm slammed right now but I'll take a look at the suggestions. The current change made sense to me based on the contents of the help file. It specifically mentions "other people in your group..."
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm

I'll live with what ever you decide Teker. The change has hurt me quite a bit... probably 25 damage less per round all things considered, factoring in the 5 hits -3dam, the stab, and the spell save.

As far as I know the damage has always been applied to a warrior solo for just as long as the help file has suggested it applied it to the group. Could argue that point either way.

There are numerous existing issues with it...

* Deathblows don't count. (Think Splork may have even admitted this was a mistake in old posts)
* Small stabs mobs count just as much as large group mobs.
* I don't know what the cap is, but suspect most of us are WAY over it.
* It can be re-cried when the mob is not dead yet.
* It's benefits could be layered better to maybe include hit or ac, or different for solo or group.

I know your not one to change things radically, you prefer to stick to original intentions, but just floating those ideas. The good thing about warcry... it's that it's actually a skill that's earned, and so it hurts to have some of that benefit lost if in fact it wasn't even the target of the change.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Roga » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

I second Gorka's suggestions and would add that a portion of larger groups start with two-person groups. Perhaps a scaling/layering or some benefits retained for those.
Roga

Return to General Chat (Registered)