Ezekiel leaving the mud

Use this forum for general discussions

Ezekiel leaving the mud

Postby Ezekiel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Hey all,

I really was only indebted to post something like this on my clan forum, whatsapp, messenger, and email to my clan mates, but I'll post it here as well (since some people that even have immortals choose to slander my personal character in-game even though I'm not there to defend myself).

I have chosen to leave the mud after 23 years. It's been a fun ride. I have seen so many positive changes by the imms and had years of fun and thank them for all their hard work, which is often thankless. They work very hard to provide us a "home away from home" often, and I've made many friends over the years here. Thank you to them and to this community for being so welcoming.

There are a multitude of reasons I've left which I'd rather not discuss here. I've had many emails in the past few days back and forth discussing my concerns with the immortals. A lot of them have to do with where I personally see the game heading and imbalances. It just makes it less and less fun for me to mud. Many of these issues are long-standing and have been previously discussed on threads. Some are recent. I took some time away from the mud to see if the maybe some detachment from the game would lead some of these issues to subside and then returned. They didn't subside, and sadly, I'll be leaving. I'm not going to go into specifics as thing get out of control quickly on a forum when things are hotly debated (which is why I wasn't going to post here in the first place, but since certain people want to gossip in-game, I felt the need).

I wish you all the best and hope this game thrives. I've loved it for over a couple decades now and tried at every turn I had to strengthen it by helping newbs with both learning the mud and leveling, leading eq for others, mapping and leading unexplored areas, helping people gain knowledge from those new areas for eq, and a ton of other ways to keep people here as MUD numbers lessened just as a natural sign of the times. It was all worth it because we have a great playerbase on Sloth. I'll miss you all. If you ever need to get in touch with me or just want to say hello, my email is jc27200@gmail.com.

Thanks for all the fun,
Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Double 40 Poster

Re: Ezekiel leaving the mud

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Rest assured Eze, I would also slander your name publicaly while you were logged in as well... :twisted:

All the best Eze, take a break for a while, come back when your ready...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPtz5qN7HM

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave..."

EDIT: Forgot to say, you should login for a sec and give me your auctions... :lol: You have helm up for 12m remember.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Dandelo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Eze,

That is unfortunate. I always had a good time while mudding with you. You've even saved my bacon on several occasions and your EQ groups were very helpful when I was building an EQ set above 3x40.

Your commitment to helping out newbies/lowbies was unmatched and the mud will definitely suffer as a result.

I wish you all the best.

Thanks,
Stilgar
Dandelo

Postby Yasik » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 pm

poser
Yasik

Postby cyprimus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:11 am

So max avvie mages 0
cy 4