Oath of Victory

Use this forum for general discussions

Oath of Victory

Postby Gorka » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Yesterday while tanking in a group I broke my oath of victory when I got chopped. Bijaz mentioned that he thought that breaking your Oath of Victory modified your warcry permanently and negatively. Can the actually penalty of breaking your Oath be clarified please? If indeed it's permanent, I think that's a bit harsh. I know that the successful and unsuccessful oaths are stored in the player files... Breeze told me mine when I was reborn, would be nice to be able to see that info as well.

To the side of that, is there any relevance to the game of the Oath of Protection still, clarifying that might also be useful. I assume it was more of a thing when we had the protect chains... but could be wrong.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Oath of Victory

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:21 pm

the only downside i see in the code is that it affects the amount of temporary hp you get from oath victory.

however, at maximum penalty its like 1/8th of what you would get.

i would be willing to explore a way to redeem yourself permanently if that 1/8th bothers you.

possibly/most likely involving a quest of some sort and a few pointless possible deaths.
hint: meaning dont use oaths while trying it.

feel free to post realistic ideas.
*Breeze*

Postby Gorka » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Thanks Breeze. Of all the things I feel passionate about in this game, having some form of redemption quest for Oath of Victory would not rate very highly among them. However, something at Narmer might be appropriate, something in the form of a renewble quest to seek the warriors redemption perhaps. I do use Oath of Victory, I think it still has a place in the game while soloing the usual 2-5m xp mobs.

Another idea - and maybe a fairer and more permament fix would be to ratio the successful oaths against the broken oaths, when figuring out how much temp hitpoints to redact from the calculation - maybe scaling the broken oaths higher as they will be fewer.

Something like this perhaps...

Completed Oaths 10,421
Broken Oaths 13
redaction = (13 * 100) / 10,421 * temp hp points
temp hp points = temp hp points - redaction

In this way a warriors redemption is based on the ratio of his broken oaths vs his successful oaths which is a fair system I think. He can literally redeem himself by breaking less oaths.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Josiah » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 pm

I always assumed that the benefit from oath was based on your ratio of successes. Never tested it, somewhat surprised that isn't how it works.

On the other hand, since the downside of failure maxes out at only 1/8th, I might as well swear victory in every fight.
Josiah
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:09 pm

its kinda like

(kept-failed) * formula
*Breeze*

Return to General Chat (Registered)