Area Opener

Check for upcoming quests or area openers!

Re: Area Opener

Postby *teker* » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 pm

I posted in the changelog thread that the algorithm has been changed for mobs that pop in multiple rooms that should "fix" this problem. I put fix in quotes because there was an obscure way a player could beat the algorithm and get the pop you're looking for but it'd be hard to figure it out without access to the code.

It should be straightforward now.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 am

You get a torturing tool from the corpse of an executioner's pupil that's on the ground.
You get gold coins from the corpse of an executioner's pupil that's on the ground.
There were 1587 coins.

Thanks Imms.

On a side note, I believe Waza has forged the Winterblade now. I am just the rod cp away from forging the clasp. I will loan my clasp to Waza for testing when I am complete. I have spares of the difficult cp's in the clasp forge for trade for cp's in the winterblade forge if anyone has. I will also liberate the cp's from you for other goodies if you are interested.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 am

So I forged the seal clasp for the winterblade...

cast 'id' seal
Ok.
You feel informed:
Object 'seal dying flame hell', Item type: CLASP
Item is: GLOW MAGIC
Weight: 0, Value: 25000gold, Worn in: TAKE
Clasp can only be attached to:
The Winterblade
Only those who are primary supreme warriors, and have attained supremacy in
at least five classes may use this item.

The bar of cold iron loads on cambion-half-breed in Malbolge. I have loaned the clasp to waza as it's not personal and asked him to test. I am searching for "a broken blade of ice" to finish the winterblade and I still have lots of clasp cp's for trade.

This is the stat with the clasp attached, clasp also detaches.

cast 'id' blade
Ok.
You feel informed:
Object 'blade winter winterblade sword hell', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: GLOW MAGIC 3x40-ITEM
Weight: 4, Value: 324356gold, Worn in: TAKE WIELD
Damage Dice is '6D4'
Can affect you as:
Affects: DAMROLL by 2
Affects: MAX_CON by 1
Only those who have attained supremacy in at least three classes may use
this item.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:06 pm

Finally finished the Winterblade and clasp tonight... A bit more info... Cryonax loads in Frost Giant / Ancient Darkness / Winterwolf.

I had a run of bad luck 22 kills to get the broken blade of ice cp.

Blade appears to proc 1/10. It should be a bit of an improvement of Brilliant Sword of Valor overall.

I have spare cp's... but you'll probably get them yourself by the time the broken blade of ice loads.

Thanks to Nep for the design and areas.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:03 pm

I'm looking for the key to get to Arioch in City of Dis, if someone knows what that is from the opener quest. I've tried most of the keys that pop on EU in the eqlist. A couple more to try tomorrow.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 am

I know every time we killed him, we either ambushed Arioch directly or we ambushed a watcher, and everyone else shadowwalked in. In other words, don't think anyone found the key.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 am

Roga found this in his logs...

A gigantic key fashioned from stone bears the insigna of the archdevil. { ennui gatekeeper } However this key is the city gate key, and it does not open the door. Who did you ambush in there? Arioch is not close enough it says.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

New EU Areas

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:54 am

I have spoken with Neptune and come up with an agreed mapping format which I have used to produce maps for all of the new areas recently added to EU. Neptune has fairly high standards (so I found out), which I think is ultimately good for the game - and I think that shows in his area design. Draft maps I will make available in the next few days, so any small detail can be corrected, before my final submission of all 12 maps. Creating maps is far more work than you'd expect. I've spent a good part of 5-7 days doing this. The work of the first day is almost completely wasted due to the learning curve of figuring out how to do things better. I am no graphical artist like Zaq, but new maps will be easy to read and functional. In fact I remember someone commenting about the drachma Zaq received for creating the original EU maps, and he said that it wasn't worth the drachma... something I now perfectly understand.

Regarding the new areas in general... I am very impressed, because the xp, items and coins I think offer the future of sloth in regards to improved area design. The areas are deadly... however I found no blockers, so get your fly, water breath, visage and spell shield up and you can ferret around down there fairly easily. Walking around unshifted without -14ac is ill advised, however if you do get attacked by something... best to web it in place before you retreat. If you get mobbed by a few mobs, you'll end up recalling.

I do believe that the group sized non-epic mobs could be run continuously there, however without maps to navigate it's difficult to string a run together, something I hope my maps will go a ways to addressing. There are some issues that could make some of the zones unfavorable, rivers, no gate rooms and swarming little aggros, but if players were to make some blast triggers for some mob actions, things could be more smooth.

There are a lot of useful potions and small jewels popping down there - I suspect that half the group would be spent spinning the wheel. Regarding the jewels, it would be better if the leader saved them up, sold them at the jeweler and split the coins at the end of the group. Regarding the potions, the heal ones should go to the tank, and mana ones to the healo if you put the interests of the group first - but there is always that one entitled player who thinks the game revolves around them whose bound to whine about "not getting anything" for all the botting and bad attitudes they have been contributing.

I will look into creating a list of capture texts for all the small mobs so you can write actions for them if I get around to it, some mobs do have vulnerabilities. I also should like a Potion Identification Substitution list.

Tomorrow before the quest I may lead a few hours there - just the non chop mobs to start forming a group xp run and to see how the group xp counters fair. I think it's a mistake to see EU as an epic chop and eq area. We need to start seeing it by all the other angles worked into the design such as small group, two man and large group non chop xp. See you at the quest.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

New EU Areas

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:44 am

Last edited by Gorka on Sat May 04, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

New EU Maps

Postby Gorka » Sat May 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Ok Draft EU Maps are all up. Let me know any mistakes before publishing.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Previous

Return to Quest Announcements