Area Updates

Code changes, new spells/skills/songs, etc

Area Updates

Postby *Neptune* » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Greetings

I am happy to announce that your immortal staff will be undergoing a review of existing areas
in the game that have existed for a while, and seem to have been left behind in our ever-moving
forward and progression of the game. As time passes, somethings get left behind and stagnate.
We have heard your criticisms and offered some of our own over a wide swath of zones that
are currently in the game. As such, we have elected to begin a new campaign of sorts for the
upcoming year or so as time allows.

From this time forward, we will be updating and bringing several areas and zones forward while
updating to them to the current game. In some cases, these changes will be minor. In some cases,
these changes may be a little more than minor. This will include new mobs, new EQ, new rooms,
and even new features that will further expand our experiences as players adventuring within these
zones.

In the future, you can look to this thread to keep you updated as to which zones have been updated.
Furthermore, I'd like to re-inroduce our first zone of this campaign: The River of Blood. Please take
the time to check it out and let us know of anything that's not quite right or doesn't work right. But
we hope this helps you guys out and gives you a few more options for gameplay as well as providing
new and interesting flavors and challenges in the times ahead.

Enjoy, and as always, thanks for playing!

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Re: Area Updates

Postby Driven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 am

I are proud to announce that an update to Crystal Falls is live. Special thanks to Gandalf and Neptune for their help! Enjoy!
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Neptune* » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Greetings

We are happy to announce at this time that the Centaurs' Domain has been updated and somewhat
expanded along the Niebelung countryside. There, you will find more space to explore, new EQ,
and new mobs to engage. As always, let us know if you see anything that doesn't seem like it's quite
right. But please take the time to check things out.

Be sure to give Idjit a round of applause for all his hard work on these great additions when you
see him next! I've no doubt they will be a welcomed addition to the world and game.

Thanks!

-Neptune.
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Driven » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Preva would like to announce that after many years of research, he has determined how to forge a brand new type of item for Jord--an artifact. Artifacts will be a new class of objects that require significant work to unlock their full potential, but hope to provide fun and flavor to Slothmud. Upon completion of forging an artifact, it is important that the privileged mortal execute the following two commands to familiarize themselves with their new treasure:

ask <artifact> <anything>
look <artifact>

Enjoy!!
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Driven » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 pm

FYI, the xp system and timers need an update on the artifact. I have discussed with Breeze and will fix either tonight or tomorrow. Congrats to Josiah on forging Sloth's first artifact!
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Neptune* » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Greetings

I have taken the time to review Mount An' Mystica, and have addressed some of the concerns regarding
this area. I have addressed the concerns folks had about the Carnivorous Apes. I have heard and
addressed the concerns players have had with Mystica's difficulty and overall ornery nature, making it
difficult to simply explore in there much less fight anything.

Starting now, the entire area is now open to temp items. Beforehand, no temp items were allowed.
As a result, some of the mobs have been converted to chop mobs providing you guys with a few
more optionsfor lyme chop mobs. (Sorry no more new epic chop mobs :P). A new piece of EQ was
added to Mystica as well as an AQ or two. For the most p0art, the mobs were revamped with the
exception of one or two. This doesn't mean that they are necessarily nerfed or boosted. You will
just have to figure that out for yourselves.

Anyways, enjoy. And as always, if you find anything wonky, hit me up ingame.

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Neptune* » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Greetings once again!

Today it is my honor to announce that a few new things have gone into the game
regarding the Sky Elves. While thee changes may be minor on the grand scale,
they will no doubt bring some relief to adventures in the long run throughout
the Avrae Tree and related sections.

Everyone be sure to give Filk a pat on the back next time you see him for his
hard work and time spent making these updates.

Should anyone see anything wonky in the Sky Elves, be sure to catch us ingame,
and let us know.

More to come!

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Neptune* » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Greetings

Today we announce the opening of an expansion to the Sun Temple that we like
to call The Heliopolis. This will expand not only the amount of rooms, but mobs
and items as well. None of the existing portions of the Sun Temple have been
changed as this is an expansion, but know that this expansion is also a new
zone. Several low level mobs have gone in as well as a new epic and several large
mobs in the neighborhood of the sun avatar or larger.

For the moment, I will add some drachma tokens to some mobs, and well, hell,
let's load some equipment, too. Whaddya say?

Enjoy.

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Return to Mud changes and New Stuff