applying remort tokens to 8/1 chars

Use this forum for general discussions

applying remort tokens to 8/1 chars

Postby Teron » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi.

Is it technically possible to apply a remort token to a 8/1 char with stats or it's a policy not to do it? If so, why?

Thanks.
Teron

Re: applying remort tokens to 8/1 chars

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 am

its possible.
the code on the token itself wont allow it
but there is no reason it can't work.

that's just not how i designed the system to work.
i don't think i ever put out an official policy since
i restricted the token in its code.
*Breeze*

Postby *Idjit* » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 pm

So here's a question, since we can do this with an 8/1 can we delevel an established fairly high level char all the way down to 8/1, and then use the token.

....For those of us where every single one of our (meaningful) alts were bigger long before remorts were invented.
I would suppose, yes.
--D
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby cyprimus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:56 am

I tried. was told it had to be a newly created character. could not delevel for it.
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 am

I have 2 8/1 chars with stats that I'd like to eventually remort, once I'm done with rebirth and 1 remort.

Though applying a remort token to a char with 300 levels would appeal to me as well.

I don't see how applying the token later in char's life empowers it unfairly, compared to a new character.

Perhaps it'd help to clarify the stance on which chars the remort token can be applied and then code adjusted accordingly. Or not.
Teron

Postby Gorka » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 pm

I've been trying to figure out what the reason is, any player who has a (9x40) can't remort a non-remorted char they have at any level. The vibe I kind of get is that there would be an apocalypse... but my curiosity, not my interest in the idea, stills begs me to ask the question, why? Why is it important to be 1/1, 8/1 or 13/6/27/41... am I missing something obvious? :|

Take my first char on s4 for instance... Jezer... who yes, had an unexpected sex change... I'm pretty sure I made him a male but he isn't anymore...

[40d 40o 40c 40w 40m 40n 29b 20t 16a] Jezer had a surprise sex change.

Considering I could remort a character to that level in about 3 weeks, and shift all Jezer's eq to the new char... where's the apocalypse? Of course I'm just joking about the apocalypse, it just seems funny people are tip toeing around how many levels is too many levels to remort, unless I am missing something?

Would 8 prime levels 2 secondary levels and 217xp be ok? Would 218xp to much integer? 8) Why is the remort level important, or is it not, was it just the way it was originally made for no reason? It's an honest question I am asking...

But I do find the talk about deleveling a char to make it "allowable" hilarious given the 42 seconds it takes to level from prime 1 to prime 8. Why are players tip toeing around here? It's a lil absurd.

Why can't we just come out and say it, hey Breeze, was there any good reason we can't remort any old char we have? What do you think? Are you open to changing how that token works, or do you want to keep it like it is? There, I said it...
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Breeze* » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

honestly dont care either way.

1/0 or 8/1.

pretty sure the thought behind it is so that someone doesnt give token to higher player so they get xps faster than they are supposed to (eg. buying things with xp or getting to 9.40 faster)
*Breeze*

Postby Teron » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:28 am

It's good to know that 8/1s can be applied tokens to.

Given that the nature of the remort bonus is to make chars level faster, I don't understand how "give token to a higher player so they get xps faster than they are supposed to" is a bad thing, unless you mean other *players*, not characters. But we don't (?) give tokens to other *players*.

I look at applying the token later in char's life as having spent double time on leveling him before applying the token.

A new remort char can reach 3x40 in a matter of days/weeks, 6x40 in about a month, so when the token is applied is of little difference, if it used at all. The issue here is that we already have chars that we've named and invested time in.

Breeze, could you clarify your position, whether players should be able to use their remort tokens on *their* medium-high level chars?

Thank you.
Teron

Postby *Idjit* » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Notice though, I asked:
Can we delevel say a 6x40 char -to- 8/1 -first- which does imply a decent amount of sacrifice, and then use the token.
Not:
Can we suddenly jump to remort bonus without surrendering any levels.
I'm not sure this distinction was made.
I'd also like to point out that we'd be zeroing out any stored xp at the same time as surrendering the levels.
--D
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 pm

Upping thread, would like to know the answer to my question.

Deleveling to apply the token and leveling again seems pointless, though - you already spent double time on leveling, compared to a remort character.
Teron

Postby *Breeze* » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:38 pm

1) its that way because thats how i wanted it when i designed it.

2) i already answered your question at/on "Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm"
*Breeze*

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:18 am

3) i don't really care what level, i just don't understand why you guys can't be happy with my design decisions as i make them.

as a one time offer, if you want to add the remort flags to _one_ character, give me the token and i apply it, but you are missing the whole point of it which was to go into area, cycle some components, _die_, forge the thing and be able to make another character.

initially the heart rip out proc didnt even give an item. i just thought it would be fun so we (neptune) created
the item and i did the code to actually rip your heart out. then we added other components and a forge/altar to sacrifice the items and thats how it came to be today. lose a life, gain a life.
*Breeze*

Postby Teron » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:03 am

Hi, Breeze.
I appreciate the offer and I'll use it, in time.

Partly because I'm saving the token I have now for the 1lev character as per current design, so it'll have to be a token from the remort or a rebirth.

I appreciate your effort in the remort sequence - it's better, than a semi-automated process at Aardwolf.

It's just there is a limited number of classes I want to play, and I've already got 2 other chars to about 6x40 and rolled 83 for a mage. Investing the same effort in the same characters since level 1 would be rather repetitive, especially given the limited amount of time I can devote to the game.

I am even ready to wipe the 8lev char with 83 points to use the token as per design and roll again, but that's about it - partly just to change the classo after testing hp/ma stats for tert/quad without bugging anyone.

I could, of course, continue playing the old characters without the tokens, but I am not ready for investing that amount of time in them - they are alts, after all.

I suspect Gorka has the same reasoning, but I also think that if we choose to disregard the straight-forward remort process in favor of upgrading our existing characters, that's our loss.

In a sense, I don't dislike your design decisions - I like the feature that I suggested at a time - it's that I can't follow them to a tee - I can't play for 16 hours a day any more.

I don't want you to feel pressured into modifying the process either: you do what you think is reasonable, I do what I deem reasonable. Seems fair.
Teron

Return to General Chat (Registered)