Add other stats to pick from for avatar light

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Add other stats to pick from for avatar light

Postby Teron » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:32 am

Since personalization adds interest to the game and the avatar light is the one eq, which we can pick without compromising tons of other stats, I suggest adding all the other stats to the light choices:
- hit/hand dam/weap dam
- undead control/charisma/heal bonus/spell bonus
- saves vs spells, petri, para, breath, poison.

Max stats would rock here, so maybe 1 max stat for 2 slots or all but max dex for 1 slot? Though we can discuss max stats later, lest it slow down this straightforward improvement.

Some of these are less useful, than others, but maybe we should let players decide for themselves, how they want to customize their chars to their playstyles.
Teron

Re: Add other stats to pick from for avatar light

Postby Driven » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 am

Interesting idea... could you expand on what fair/balanced values would be for each of the choices?
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Re: Add other stats to pick from for avatar light

Postby Teron » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 am

To be fair, I wouldn't rely on current avatar shop and drachma shop prices comparisons completely, other than where they make sense, e.g. stab bonus and spell bonus costs don't represent the stat value.

Instead, I'm comparing to existing light options.

Anyway, for 1 slot, we should be able to choose from:
- +2 hit/+2 hand dam/+2 weap dam/-2 dam reduction (+1 dam > all these except for specialized classes, and == +2hit)
- +2 undead control/+2 charisma/+10 heal bonus/+10 spell bonus/+10 stab bonus (in fact, +15 stab bonus is closer to and less in value than +1dam, let alone +10 stab bonus)
- -2 saves vs anything: spells, petri, para, breath, poison (compared to 10 spell bonus)
- +1 max stat except max dex
- max dex takes 2 slots, because it gives 0.5ac.

Notice how 2 max str gives +hit +dam, compared to 2 slots of 2 dam. It's only worth picking 1 max str, if you have 21 or 24 str. Max wiz is probably useless.

Max dex is the most controversial here, because it trumps -0.4ac out of the gate. I'm not sure, how to go here - irrc

Others are less useful.

Perhaps, bonus stats can be *increased*, if someone does the math to make the damage/healing stuff more precise, because 10 stab bonus doesn't compare to 1 dam.

Then there's an argument into making the stats bonus stats, ie 10 bonus spell bonus, because at least half classes and more classos can already cap their stats with ingame gear and the previous stats, except for +str/int/wis/etc, were uncapped, eg +dam/ac/regen/mana/hp.
Teron

Return to Mud Suggestions