Proc Weapons

Use this forum for general discussions

Proc Weapons

Postby Gorka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 pm

So there are weapons in the game with procs which do additional things other than roll a dice and hit a mob. Apparently they used to be more of a "thing" back in the days when perhaps the players were a little more hardcore. I've been doing some inquiries and come to these conclusions...

1) There is no listing of proc weapons.
2) There is no way to tell from the Eq List is a weapon is a proc weapon.
3) There is no easy way the immortals can be more transparent about proc weapons, it's complicated.
4) The information about proc weapons is in the head of some key players, but isn't disseminated widely.

Here is my proposal for players...

Step 1, we create a comprehensive list of proc weapons by collaborating in this thread.
Step 2, we attempt to list and measure the effect of the procs on these weapons using counters.
Step 3, we bask in the glory of our collaborative efforts to improve player information.

Commencing step one... (Myself even if no one helps...)

Raven's Fire 3d4 +1 +1 (Flame Tounge Proc) Damage: Not yet measured.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Proc Weapons

Postby Gorka » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:54 pm

More details on Raven's Fire...

Ok.
You feel informed:
Object 'raven fire sword forge', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: MAGIC BLESS
Weight: 20, Value: 639000gold, Worn in: TAKE WIELD
Damage Dice is '3D4'
Can affect you as:
Affects: HITROLL by 1
Affects: DAMROLL by 1
Only those who are at least experienced magic users or warriors may use
this item.

Proc Message: Your weapon erupts in flames, burning an elite wight guardsman!
Proc Rate: Appears to be 1 in 6 attacks
Proc Damage: 26 (33sb and -7 saves) damage was variable depending on eq worn.
Proc effects Ethers: True
Counters Damage Lister: "Other"
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 pm

an emerald broadsword: shields the target. Should shield the wielder. Proc rate around 1d10?
a crimson rapier, 3d4, fireball proc
the zweihander: has two procs around 25 dam each: first it drains power from the victim, then unleashes it on it
Teron

Postby Gorka » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks to Jackalope...

Ok.
You feel informed:
Object 'sword bloodstained zweihander forge', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: HUM MAGIC
Weight: 20, Value: 150000gold, Worn in: TAKE WIELD TWO-HANDED
Damage Dice is '4D4'
Can affect you as:
Affects: DAMROLL by 2
Only those who are at least master warriors may use this item.

Proc Message #1: A demonic essence touches a wailing banshee, draining her life energy!
Proc Message #2: The demonic essence gathers its power, unleashing it on a wailing banshee! (More Dam)
Proc Rate: Appears to be 1 in 3 Attacks
Proc Damage: Average of about 20
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Ok.
You feel informed:
Object 'bone sword tempered hilted', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: GLOW
Weight: 3, Value: 250500gold, Worn in: TAKE WIELD
Damage Dice is '3D5'
Can affect you as:
Affects: HITROLL by 2
Affects: DAMROLL by 2
Only those who are at least supreme magic users or supreme clerics, or
experienced avatars may use this item.

Proc Message #1: Your weapon sizzles and ejects a glowing fireball!
Proc Message #2: Your weapon sizzles and engulfs the frost giantess in a blazing inferno! (Burns Target)
Proc Rate: Appears to be 1 in 5 Attacks
Proc Damage: Average of about 20-40 (Mob Dependent)

Proc damage on this weapon is disappointing, the fireball proc doesn't appear to do the damage a fireball should or it does not use saves and spelldam.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Hellblade - Hell Yeah!

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:42 am

Hi I'm Gorka!

Please accept these cookies before continuing to my post.

I was on slothazon the other night when I come across this...

The Flaming Hellblade [WEAPON] [22 Feb 2019]
Av12 4d4 +3 +2

Has clasps... a spiked black cross-guard

Trade [5 250 000], Explosion: 0% a dracolich - Shadow Keep []

Cps: 1 x the staff of the ram
1 x a staff of entwined serpents
1 x robes of the demi-lich
1 x a skull of the innocent
1 x The Blade of Eternal Damnation
1 x the obsidian jewel of souls

I was running coins at the time... is there anything as boring? I couldn't wait to do ANYTHING else so I ordered the sucker. 24hrs, lots of cycling, trading and whining later my new Hellblade arrived. I made an unboxing video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrdHe__tt3U

So then I started work on the clasp...

a spiked black cross-guard [CLASP] [22 Feb 2019]
Av20 Con 1, Hpr 4

Attaches to: The Flaming Hellblade
KVP_NON_REMOVABLE = Yes

Forge [3 700 000], Explosion: 0%
Cheiron, King of The Centaurs - Centaurs' Domain []
Cps: 1 x a hag's eye necklace
1 x a belt of devilish dreams
2 x a spiked orange scale
4 x a secari dagger

Oh my gosh. The belt of devilish dreams loads on an adolesent iblis type mob in Gildebruun. Fat little sucker takes 50 disintegrates and hits like iblis... if you can hit him at all with the swarming aggros there... anyway... finally I load 'em and forged the clasp.

I was secretly hoping that the clasp might improve that fairly medicore 4D4 dice... but it seemingly does no more than slothazon says... +Con Hpr +4. I'm still a bit bemused by the clasp given the winterblade is 3x40 and is a slightly better than this... (I'll get to this later) and just the other week +2 Handdam and Ma Regen clasps were given out in a new area which usually cost 800+ drachma. I see the +CON Hpr +4 comes from the original forge blade... just not extremely useful on an elite weapon, a difficult forge and not consistant with other additions. I don't recommend doing the clasp. Neptune, was the stat on the clasp your intention? I almost think it's an error?!?

The weapon however... is super cool! It has a Hellstrike Proc which frequently curses the mob, and it's proccing all the time. It's not quite doing the damage of the winterblade but it's far cooler and the colours and messages will trick anyone into thinking you're really awesome. Then I remembered I was inside playing a text base game...

So I decided to run some tests on some of my proc weapons, I don't have all of them, but I tested those I did have to see how things are. Warning... the next part of this post contains numbers... mages, you may want to look away. (Tests were conducted in the same eq and same conditions)

Brilliant Sword of Valor 5D5 +2 With Clasp MIN 7 MAX 27 (Can Broadside/Deathblow)
No Proc

The Winterblade 6D4 +2 MIN 8 MAX 26 (Can Broadside/Deathblow)
Ice Ray Proc Rate 1/10-11 - Dam is whatever your Ice Ray is.

a whip of demon's flame 2D7 +2 MIN 4 MAX 16 (Can't Broadside/Deathblow)
Flamestrike Proc Rate 1/5 - Dam is whatever your Flamestrike is.

The Hellblade 4D4 +2 MIN 6 MAX 18 (Can Broadside/Deathblow)
Hellstrike Proc Rate 1/10 - Dam is whatever your Hellstrike is.

the Kladenetz blade 4D4 +2 MIN 6 MAX 18 (Can Broadside/Deathblow)
Disint Proc Rate Rate 1/50 - Dam is whatever your Disint is.

a bone hilted tempered sword 3D5 +2 MIN 5 MAX 17 (Can't Broadside/Deathblow)
Some Crappy Burn Proc Rate 1/7-8 - Not sure what spell this uses.

The reality is the damage on Hellstrike, Flamestrike and Ice Ray are the same. This means that the weapons are really much the same. However for warriors, the winterblade and hellblade can broadside and the whip can not. A broadside is roughly the damge of a Hellstrike, Flamestrike, Ice Ray... and this makes up for the fact the whip proc rate is twice as much. Whichever way you look at is, these three weapons are much the same, The Winterblade is a Warrior suited version of the whip. As it turns out Neptune knows what he's doing, and has created the 3 magical weapons for different types of resistances, none of which are really that much better than the other.

If you are a mage, go with the Whip.
If you are a warrior, go with the Winterblade.
If you want to be cool, go the the Hellblade.

But most of all, go with one of them...

Hellblade Round...

You deal a massive blow to one of an ogre villager's vital organs.
You viciously massacre an ogre villager with your slash.
An ogre villager misses you with his cleave.
An ogre villager's cleave bounces off your heavy armor.
An ogre villager misses you with his slash.
Your weapon erupts in flames, burning an ogre villager!
You brutally massacre an ogre villager with your slash.
Gorka summons up the fires of hell, engulfing an ogre villager!
An ogre villager has been damned by the fires of hell!
You viciously massacre an ogre villager with your slash.

By the way, Hellblade is NOBITS but couldn't sharpen it... is that a bug, could it be fixed?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Neptune* » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 pm

A few things:

1.) Hellblade wasn't actually my creation, though I had some input, it ultimately wasn't my idea.
So, as far as the clasp goes, I don't actually recall if that was the intention or not.

2.) I'll look into the Hellblade's ability to be sharpened. There may be more to it than we are seeing, could be
something acting on it that we couldn't have initially foreseen. We'll see.

3.) Looked around briefly to see what the old proc on the tempered bone hilted sword is, and seems it uses
an old proc that no longer has an ingame description. I'll see if I can dig up some sort of explanation
of that proc when I have more time.

4.) For those who are interested, you can look forward to other similar weapons appearing in time that will
likely fit into the above matrix or progress within and from that matrix of sorts. It just takes time, and
we've got a boatload of things brewing that will bring into being several new ideas and items. It is our
intention to expand the options for all classes in these areas in time, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that
some classes have a priority as those classes need more help than others.

Stay tuned, and thanks for playing! :)

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

The Dagger of Mortality's Cleansing

Postby Gorka » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am

I had been waiting for Eze to forge The Dagger of Mortality's Cleansing, but now that he's taking a break, I decided to forge it myself, based on the assumption it might be a proc weapon... and it is... I just can't figure out what it does... or if it even works...

An enforcer of the quarantine hates your guts!
You can taste the impending victory!
An enforcer of the quarantine makes a strange sound, as you place The Dagger of Mortality's Cleansing in
his back.
An enforcer of the quarantine feels dizzy as the reality around them dissolves.
Nothing seems to happen.
An enforcer of the quarantine makes a strange sound, as you place The Dagger of Mortality's Cleansing in
his back.
An enforcer of the quarantine makes a strange sound but is suddenly very silent, as you place The Dagger
of Mortality's Cleansing in his back!
An enforcer of the quarantine is dead! R.I.P.
You gain 446653 bonus experience!
You gain 1264113 extra bonus experience!
Total exp for kill is 1264113.

If shows on counters as a "Slam" with an average of 7 damage. Is it a dispel magic proc?

Can someone enlighten me?

EDIT: Figured it out...

A Kjeldoran mage hates your guts!
You can taste the impending victory!
A Kjeldoran mage slowly fades into existence.
A Kjeldoran mage makes a strange sound, as you place The Dagger of Mortality's Cleansing in his back.
@@
A Kjeldoran mage feels dizzy as the reality around them dissolves.
You feel a spell unravel! Success!
A Kjeldoran mage isn't taking any more from you! he attacks!
A Kjeldoran mage makes a strange sound, as you place The Dagger of Mortality's Cleansing in his back.
A mirror image of a Kjeldoran mage wavers from existence!
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:38 am

Just forged the mace of elemental time and ran my tests. According to my logs I've only ever seen Taron with one. Unfortunately the damage of Colour Spray is about a 3rd of Ice Ray/Hellstrike/Flamestrike.

The Mace of Elemental Time 3D5 MIN 3 MAX 15 (Can Broadside/Deathblow)
Colour Spray Proc Rate 1/10 - Dam is whatever your Colour Spray is.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Yea, that seems odd given that the whip is not even a forge and it has 3x damage at a 40% higher proc rate to boot. Now granted, the mace has -1 spell saves, but I think any rational person doing the math would see that such a tradeoff is simply not worth it.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Yeah, when the whip came out, there was a serious jump in player damage. It was almost better than me in all my weapon damage gears using valor. I actually considered vaulting valor to use it, but found it to be about the same if you remember the stats from when I tested your firewind staff. It made a complete mockery of buying +1 dam for 800+ drachma. It probably averaged 100+ damage more a round for some players. I seriously expected it to get nerfed, it was a no brainer to me, but now it seems to have become a new standard with the winterblade and hellblade around to match it. I encourage any player to use one of these 3 weapons.

I've been watching the effect of the winterblade on my solo xp runs. It's definately better, but not as much as you would imagine. To kill a mob faster it's not about +1 damage but +100's of damage. The reality is most mobs are still the same number of rounds to kill, I only gain 3 seconds on a quicker kill here and there, but it all adds up.

Regarding the elemental mace of time, would like to see it hit ethers. Would be more niche then. A kind of a forge upgrade to a spiritual hammer. It is 5x40 and 3D5 isn't that great... seems reasonable to me.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:45 am

I noticed today when fighting some undeads that dispel evil does the same damage as ice ray, hellstrike, flamestrike... and I thought to put it out there to the immortals that dispel evil and dispel good proc weapons would be good editions to the game as they would add options. They could especially be good for mid level players.

Apparently not all spells are on the proc weapons list, for example word of pain is not included - so I've been told, perhaps there are a lot of options that could be added in the future, much a less the same power, but different uses.

Also regarding the disappointing clasp for the Hellblade, given that it's the "hell" blade and one of it's cp's is the staff of entwined serpents with undead control, it seems logical the clasp should be adapted to necro's including some form of undead control - as well as being boosted somewhat as the con and hpr are arguably not useful.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Return to General Chat (Registered)