Rebirth Shop?

Use this forum for general discussions

Rebirth Shop?

Postby Gorka » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:09 pm

I jumped on my calculator last night... it broke... so after I found a new calculator... I worked out you get about 6k drachma in a play through of sloth. I worked out I could spend double that again in the shop on "improvements" to various eq sets. But I also worked out that these improvements might not even be noticeable... we are talking about things like +4 Hand Dam, when I already have 52 damage with gods and warcry... and to buy that 4 Hand Dam would be half the drachma of a play through. So basically, rebirthing... (as we have established before) is something that probably should only be done if you seriously want to enjoy the game again.

The problem is, I think it would be better if rebirth was more about progression. I've really enjoyed this play through and it will only be a matter of months before any real improvements to my character are finished being purchased at avatar shop.

I wondered whether there might be a rebirth shop, whether caps might be increased, or something else is being thought of for rebirths, to keep us entertained? Any comments from the immortals? Is rebirth still being seen as a replay, or is it intended to become a form of progression?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Rebirth Shop?

Postby Teron » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:31 am

I've already suggested it in the first thread on the topic.

Perhaps, we got carried away with what rebirths would get cumulatively over several attempts.

Just prime-class bonuses? bonus bonuses? a choice of 3-5 bonuses?
Prime bonus bonuses +dam/hit/mr/-0.1ac?

Essentially, how do we know that you can get enough cumulative bonuses for repeat rebirth to be worth it?

Get on your calculator again :D
Teron

Re: Rebirth Shop?

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 am

from

http://www.slothmud.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4712&p=37948#p37948

*Breeze* wrote:
.. snip ..

no longer doing rebirth shop (mainly because I don't need people questioning my integrity and trying to force me to do things I am not willing to.. you know who you are. ... )

.. snip ..

feel free to try and convince teker or splork, but it wont be me.
*Breeze*

Return to General Chat (Registered)