3x40 EQ

Use this forum for general discussions

3x40 EQ

Postby Driven » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Most people I have talked to find 3x40 eq in need of some attention. I'm closing in on 6x40 and am finding that none of the items fit a 6x40 monk, which I find confusing and little disappointing. Looking at the 3x40 items in general, though, none of them are monk-centric, necro-centric, or bard-centric. Druids seem to be the only non-original class that got any love with the shapeshifting clasp, and that's just 1 item. Meanwhile, Treasures and Dreams is *loaded* with items that almost no one buys because other quest gear simply takes priority. I know this is selfish, but perhaps we could move some of the never-bought TnD items over to 3x40? Here is one example for monks:

Sandals of Speed[armor] [-]
sandals speed elite low
HUM PERSONAL
Mo40 and Av1
Dex 1, Dam 1, ReduceDam 1, Drachma [625]

It's possible that other items are like this, but other classes will have to reply to this thread and speak for themselves. In addition to the above suggestion, coming up with eq that isn't crazy unbalanced for monks, necros, and bards shouldn't be that hard to do. Monks, for example, like damage reduction. I would spend my 6x40 and 8x40 items on some of these:
* Sacred Ring of the Dark Order: 0.3 ac, +1 hd, +1 dam reduction, +10 hps ring
* Shadow Wreath of Extreme Discipline: 1.2 ac, +1 hitroll, +1 max_str, +1 dam reduction helmet
* Battle-Hardened Leggings of Black Ice 1.5 ac, +1 hitroll, +1 dam reduction, +15 hps leggings
* Ancient Symbol of the Dark Order .6 ac, +1 hd, +4 mv regen, +15 hps held low

I'm sure other classes could chime in with ideas... *hint hint*. =)
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Re: 3x40 EQ

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 pm

As you pointed out, it's 3x40 eq... not 6x40. In the past, a creator decided to give extra pieces of 3x40 eq.
*Breeze*

Postby Driven » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 pm

I completely understand your point. My point was less about the eq being 6x40-worthy and more that it has never been vetted for the three classes I posted. Everything out there is heavily geared towards the original 4 classes with a noticeable nod towards druids. I was wrong in my original post, as druids have 3 pieces of eq specific for them (2 boots, 1 clasp), not 1. And even though the EQ is named "3x40" does not mean that it's limited to 3x40 use.

How many 8x40 tanks run without Cuirass of the Ancients, Tooled Girdle of the Ancients, Mithril Sleeves of the High Paladin, or a polished spectrolite charm?

How many 8x40 mages run without Boots of the Elemental Earth Wizard, Elven Chain Leggings of the Mystic Guard, or maple-leaf brooch?

How many 8x40 clerics run without Elven Chain Leggings of the Mystic Guard, Holy Staff of Elders, Shroud of Exalted Priest, or maple-leaf brooch?

How many 8x40 rogues run without Arcane of Tome of Power, Rogue's Dagger, or Ancient Cincture of Vigor?

How many 8x40 monks run without ... uhhh... hrmmm. well... they basically run without all of it. Whether the 3x40 eq is named "3x40" or not, the reality is that the eq is used, and it's biased heavily towards the base classes.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 am

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you Driven, it's pretty much just a fact what you are saying. There seems to be stumbling blocks with moving forward.

No imm seems to want the task of fixing it, as they tend to be put under the blow torch by players afterwards not to mention the restructure is an enormous amount of thankless work with winners and losers. In game eq tends to get maintained better than 3x40 and drachma eq when new areas and items get put in game. Taron and I started a spreadsheet where we collected submissions of ideas trying to motivate players, but no one besides Josiah put some ideas forward. There is also mistrust among players if they were to fix the issue themselves and just have their ideas approved by an imm. Not having Juggleblood around anymore has lessened the number of active immortals and increased burdens on those existing making a review even less likely. Furthermore, for some reason the caps for each class and order have not been tabled and released publicly... therefore designing new eq is difficult, when you don't know how your idea might effect another players classes or caps. You need to find a player with MSDP and the class order you need to get the cap information you need. There are also arguments about the merits of prime eq. I'm strongly in favour, but typically players who want to be powerful, don't want restrictions. There are arguments about what the best eq should be in game, drachma, 3x40 or in game forges. Splork seems to have lost his enthusiasm for the game... I mean things are probably the best they have ever been, but things have pretty much just stalemated. I even offered to write a program which objectively worked out the best eq for class orders to identify gaps... and I actually did... but ran into technical issues with the eqlist... like for example did you know AC can be stored in two different places on an item... there are so many issues... it's drowning every time I think of them. Every time I go to war on the issue, I find playing less attractive. Shutting up seems to be the easy option. Something I am getting better at with age...
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Gorka » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 am

The easiest solution I think is to delete 3x40 eq and drachma eq... and instead of offering preset items... offer an avatar shop type of arrangement where you use different currencies (drachma and 3x40 choices) to buy stats specific to your interest.

Would look something like this...

3x40 shop. You have 3 choices from...

+ 1 Dam
-0.2 ac
+ 2 Hand dam
+ 2 Ma regen
etc

Drachma shop...

+1 Dam 500 dr
+1 Ma regen 500 dr
etc

It eliminates the problems associated with "template eq." Just in game eq would need to be maintained which is generally better done by active builders such as Neptune and Idjit currently. Clearly the 4 different eq systems (holy eq included) will always be at some sort of conflict, unless they move from eq templates to currency based on character stat improvements like avatar shop.

I have chosen the girdle, cuirass and leggings as my 3x40 eq, so effectively my choices are...

+10 spell dam
+10 heal bonus
-0.1 ac (x2)
+40 hps
MAX_WIS
+2 hit

I don't look at these items by there eq template... I already look at them as there stats above regular items anyway... so why do we even really need the item? Just give us the stats... I'd wear cincture, carbo's and mithrill rings instead.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Return to General Chat (Registered)