Postby Teron » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:38 am

We ran a nice Island group yesterday with just 3 choppers and killed:
- the T-Rex mother - popped
- Cthulga - popped
- Lrogg
- Galavan Hag - popped
- Jord Archivist - popped
- the zeridan leader.

I can't speak for everyone in the group, but I can say that I really enjoyed using specs against thick mobs off-Lyme or in notemp areas (Mystica). Chopping these mobs for eq was not only fun, but very helpful, because specs make thick mobs, such as the T-Rex mother or the zerican leader, bearable and very much killable.

Therefore, I invite people to pop specs on every 15th and do off-lyme large mobs with choppers every 16th of the month. I can't promise I'll lead every time for 24 hours, though I hope someone does take the initiative.

P.S.
1. T-Rex mother enrages at awful. Finish her fast - she bites.
2. Asking on gossip about peoples' interest in groups is useless. Starting the group gets the people - most of the time - if sufficient amount is present.
3. Unfortunately, the reboot on the no-temp day was very unhelpful, as it cleared choppers on the ground, so hopefully imms can schedule reboots outside this time the next time - on 9:30pm 14th, for example, and dont reboot until midnight 17th, when there are few players online.
Teron

Re: Join Off-Lyme Chop on every 16th

Postby Teron » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:21 am

This time the game rebooted and crashed just in the morning of the notemp day, so we had to pop specs, even though Splork did give us 5 Specularems - thanks .)

So, at about 10AM PST, we ran Mystica, for the most part, and popped:
- the armplates of the lion-hearted
- the dagger of arachnids
- the baboon's paw - I need to meet Linx to pass him the cp.

We also killed the forger by mistake, after he killed most of us. Sorry all involved.

We also did Denuva, Emperor Yao and maybe something else.

Killing Mystica with specs is awesome:
- Specularems blind the mobs, so they dont do damage for a few rounds
- the exp is nice, because most mobs are pretty thin. Non-aged exp, on the other hand, could be higher.
- chops themselves made kills much faster with the 6+ ppl we had.

A few thoughts:
- we need a predictable reboot schedule - say, every 7 days - so we know, when our runs are interrupted, so we could plan accordingly. This isn't about specs, but about the gaming process.
- I'd put the notemp day on the weekday, maybe 1st/2nd/3d/4th Sat of the month, so we get more players online for the runs.
- being able to chop in notemp, including off-Lyme, is quest-like. I'd like more players to enjoy this and I appreciate the bonus exists at all. That's why we need the above for this to run smoothly.
- if all goes smoothly, the weekend notemp and/or off-lyme chop could be something that's similar to a monthly mini-quest that imms don't have to spend any efforts to run, other than to adjust the reboot/bonus schedule. If the extra is accompanied by more bonuses, such as fargate/eqpop, this might as well be the quest that the MUD needs - a quest that the players can put efforts to run and direct.

Thanks Stun and Linx for helping me pop the initial specs.

Thanks Splork for the notemp bonus, for the regen bonus at the time and for 5 Specularems.

P.S. Sorry I overslept the US evening for the bonus and apparently, the MUD crashed 5 hours before the bonus expired, thus poofing the specs. Even if I were online, that'd cost us 2 hours of the extra bonus, so, we'd appreciate a more predictable and stable MUD. Maybe this thread has something to do with it.
Teron

Postby Teron » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:28 am

This 16th falls on Saturday, so here's the plan:

Starting about 4am PST/1pm GMT/4pm Msk I'll start popping specs, if we need to.

After that, I'll attempt to start a group and lead until 9am PST.

After a nap, at about 3pm PST/12am GMT/3am MSK, I'll resume leading for 5-6 hours.

If anyone wants to take over and lead in the PST noon, while I sleep, be my guest.

Current kill plan is:
- Diplodocus
- Lord of Sess'Inek
- Infernite Queen

Decide what you want to kill with sharp objects in offlyme or notemp areas.
Teron

Postby Teron » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

Today we killed:
- Diplodocus 10+ times
- Infernite Queen (she's no chop)
- Lord of Sess'Inek
- a marid - pop
- Alexianna
- Krakken
- Hydra of Gr'Valdh a number of times
- Iblis and a mana gator (pop on the latter)
- Roberts - pop
- plenty of other epics, including Lucifer, Takhisis, Baraneth, Miska (took us 3 runs), etc
and maybe some other mobs I forgot.

It was fun, but we didn't pop as much as I expected.
Teron

Postby Teron » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:54 am

Tomorrow at about 6-7am server time we are going to chop epics for a few hours.

Afterwards, if we have time, we might do some eq.

Someone might wonna plan taking over leading from about 10am, too.
Teron

Postby Teron » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am

It's been a while I planned an offlyme chop group.

Today's the day, because we have lots of new areas and 200mil mobs with new eq to chop offlyme.

I've kind of explored the areas, popped some specs, and I'll start leading an offlyme group at about 6-7am server time June 16th for 3-4 hours. After a nap, I hope I will continue leading at about 8-9pm.

I can't say for other leaders, but they are welcome to lead before or between the planned groups or take over for a few extensions to give me a break, especially, if they've explored them better.

You can also pop specs, such as scimitars, titan swords, double axes or macus, if you are keen to help, as I'm sure we'll break tons of them.

Group's open to everyone, though players under 1x40 might die more often, than others, because
- there's lava, currents with aggro mobs, and there are no convo spots that I've found in the extensions
- you'll need to find the group fast or survive on your own in aggro areas that burn your bottoms, while mobs beat you up, or blast the mobs with frostbolt, at the very least
- if you can't survive, you'll need to recall and wait for us, which can take a while.
Teron

Postby Teron » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 am

So we popped:
- 4 new items or so, including a +5 bonus heal bonus ring.
- tassets -2saves -2wd legs
- a few cps for the +2wd helm
- a whip of flames (a flamestrike proc weapon and a cp for the +25ma healer clasp)

Also, Ezekiel led some exp/epics between my groups.
Teron

Return to General Chat (Registered)