Vaulting Personal Items

Use this forum for general discussions

Vaulting Personal Items

Postby Gorka » Sun May 28, 2017 7:14 am

I was cycling in Herbalist the other day, and got sick of being infected with "slur." So I ran back to my vaults and pulled out my emerald serpent brooches. Now I do have a couple of alts so I had more than one emerald serpent brooch in my vault. It's not possible to identify which brooch is personalized to which alt in the vault, so when I pulled out a personalized item not belonging to that character, only that character can deposit it again. Annoying... and once again you suffer rent penalties to switch, you loose beacons... and other 1st world problems.

I'm not sure why the game works this way? Is there good reason? Is this idea just residue from the Player Thief days? Can it be changed? If it needs to remain could there be a key check instead so I don't need to switch?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Vaulting Personal Items

Postby *teker* » Sun May 28, 2017 2:33 pm

From what I've seen, the personal flag is basically a way to stop people from pooling drachma and sharing 3x40 and drachma equipment. I'm not sure what other purpose there is at this point.

With respect to vaults, I can do a couple things: show the personal owner of each item in the list and make it so that you can't withdraw someone else's personal item.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Sun May 28, 2017 4:24 pm

show the personal owner of each item in the list and make it so that you can't withdraw someone else's personal item.

That would be great!
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *teker* » Sun May 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Ok, I've added those two items in the next reboot. In addition:

- You can now add a keyword to list to filter top level items

- You can now deposit coins in the vault. This takes a slot and isn't smart enough to combine multiple piles, but it provides another mechanism for transferring money between players.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Filk » Sun May 28, 2017 11:35 pm

*teker* wrote:it provides another mechanism for transferring money between players.

Thats cool, thanks!
Maybe while on that tune, its time to remove online check for usual bank money send? Or add ability to do it by mail
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Mon May 29, 2017 5:40 am

Thanks. Just at this moment I am carrying a friend's personal item I took.
And there are 3 more personal items with the same name in my different vaults.
Teron

Postby jarlaxle » Tue May 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Personal Items should be a thing of the past if you put in the time to get something is it really that bad to sell or share it? The game has limited player base already will continue to shrink keeping core players shouldn't be a penalty for have more than one character.
jarlaxle

Postby Teron » Wed May 31, 2017 5:32 am

1. Removing "personal" from quest items would make drachma unlimited to all your characters, which wasn't the intention of drachma.

Though it could be considered, as to get one item, one has to 10-50 of quests by cycling for dozens of cps.

Also, if items are not personal, they'd be resold on auction.

I think most items need to be personal, but releasing the 20 least bought drachma items as forges or non-personal items shouldn't be too bad, imho.

2. There also could be quest heirloom items, which could be passed from one char to another, but they'd have to be tied to a person/account, which we don't have.

3. Could also be clan items, which would be a measure of how tough a clan is.
Just as I was going to type "I might be the first to think of the concept", I googled and found a few good rules for the clan armory:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/13816741604
Which is the only reasonable post on the topic, though.
Teron

Postby jarlaxle » Wed May 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Drachma was added to make getting quest eq more equal verse only one person get all the quest eq. Back when we had quests 3-4 times a month with 30+ player completing for 1-2 quest eq, and then that quest eq could be traded freely if a person wanted.
Auto quest where added to make non-quest time more fun and give players more to do. The auto quest where not add to replace quests even though mostly have. Quest need to be add back into the game at a regular time. Even if its just a simple hunt and kill these mobs. The simple vote on the web page is not going to fix the low player base. Interaction between immorts and players would increase player happiness more than anything and bring more player and keep them.
jarlaxle

Postby jarlaxle » Wed May 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Drachma was added to make getting quest eq more equal verse only one person get all the quest eq. Back when we had quests 3-4 times a month with 30+ player completing for 1-2 quest eq, and then that quest eq could be traded freely if a person wanted.
Auto quest where added to make non-quest time more fun and give players more to do. The auto quest where not add to replace quests even though mostly have. Quest need to be add back into the game at a regular time. Even if its just a simple hunt and kill these mobs. The simple vote on the web page is not going to fix the low player base. Interaction between immorts and players would increase player happiness more than anything and bring more player and keep them.
jarlaxle

Postby *teker* » Wed May 31, 2017 2:37 pm

I'll try to get back to working on the quest library I started a while ago. Part of the idea was to have a set of quests that would be fairly regularly scheduled - some daily, weekly, etc. We could set some of them up to be group quests that involve killing epic sized mobs.

Back to vaults for a sec - is the current max capacity of 40 a good number still? I tried to make it something larger than the originals but not something that would scroll pages of text.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Wed May 31, 2017 4:01 pm

I like the idea of extending vaults more, maybe in a second column if there is space. I keep and vault all my t2's and t3's and managing them among different vaults is a pain in the proverbial when trying to keep groups of gems together.

A function to sort the items in a vault alphabetically would be useful in the case of gem storage, I almost suggested before but don't really want to load you up. You know what your doing and your improvements are very welcomed.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 am

1. Well, current quest items are limited by the factor that quests are one time, so I guess it puts a cap on how many items can be traded, even though it'd be far easier to get them.

In Aardwolf quest items can be sold for quest points by players and to players, and be put on auction.
At the very least, this one can be handy.

2. The problem of lines is solved by the "lines" command in the same way it's solved in the shops - they are not limited by the amount of items directly, to my knowledge.

I'd too welcome larger vaults, as it'd allow to make them more unique, ie, one per item type or for 2-3 sets of eq.
Teron

Return to General Chat (Registered)