What would be a good new item?

Use this forum for general discussions

What would be a good new item?

Postby *teker* » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:22 pm

You know, you're putting together that killer set of equipment but there's one thing missing that doesn't exist in the game. What is it?
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Re: What would be a good new item?

Postby Filk » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Permanent shift weapon!
Or some interesting non-combat clasp on a weapon. Like mr, or mana, or healing one.
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Can you be more specific? Drachma/3x40/Clasp/regular item?
Who is your item aimed at? Newbies/Normal players or "Lifers."

The needs differ greatly and at different stages. How long is a piece of string? :lol:
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *teker* » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Can you be more specific? Drachma/3x40/Clasp/regular item?

I would focus less on where the item fits in this list and more on what the item does.

Who is your item aimed at? Newbies/Normal players or "Lifers."

If you think there's an item missing for any of those groups, tell me what it is.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Weapon damage. There are only 8 items in game... 2 are high end drachma. Only 2 pieces have restricts less than 3x40 and they share the same slot.

If you can provide me with a list of 9x40 caps for each class position I can work out what else is "missing." Bizarrely there is some stats that have BONUS stats, when the cap isn't even reachable. I think hand dam is an example for some class orders. I don't think dam reduct can be capped either, pretty sure there is others.

Perhaps regular players can suggest regular items better... Most Lifers will find out there 9x40 cap... deduct from the cap what can be purchased at avatar shop, and what can be gained socketting gems... the number which is left is what the player then tries to make up in equipment. Any equipment which makes up that shortfall will be considered "a good new item."
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:08 am

I have uh, a few eq sets and a few chars, so here's what I'd need across them:

arms -0.8 +maxcon -bonus dam reduction
legs -1.7 -dam reduction
neck -0.7 +15hp -saves
wrist -0.5 +weap dam (just adjust the existing +wd wrist in drachma store)
ring -0.2 +2hit -1saves OR ring -0.0 +2hit +5 spell bonus
ring -0.0 +2hit +dam
ring -0.3 +hand dam +hit OR -0.2 +hand dam +2hit
boots -0.4 +2hit +8 spell bonus
body -2.2 +10hp +7 spell bonus
gaunts -0.2 +hit +dam +5 spell bonus
body -2.3 +1 charisma +bonus charisma
held low -0.0 +4hit +5 stab damage +5 circle damage
clasp on instrument, +2bonus charisma
clasp on wrist, bard prime: +2 bonus charisma (replaces +charisma clasp in the set)
clasp on wrist: +hit -saves
clasp on ring: +hit +10mv regen
clasp on ring: +hit +5 bonus stab dam
clasp on hands: +10hp -dam reduction
clasp on body: -dam reduction
clasp on body: +5stab dam
clasp on belt: +max con
clasp on legs: +max con
clasp on legs: +5 bonus stab damage +5mvr
wield valor sword w/o shield to get +5 bonus weapon damage

One item, yeah.

As much as there's little weap dam or dam reduction eq for tanks, not monks, there's little spell damage eq for non-mage primes. If I can cap -dam reduction with drachma eq and runes, it'd be hard to cap spell damage without losing a bunch of -saves, which defeats the purpose.

Warriors also need a max con item to cap max con even with the legsteel plates of Hades and +max con drachma sleeves, which no one buys just to get the max con.

Thieves also need a few +stab dam/circle dam items to cap it without losing damage or lots of hitroll.

Also, there's no herbalist clasp for a bard or a monk or a thief.

A good item doesn't just let you reach your cap, it also doesn't squander a slot that gives you a good bonus in another stat, like -2saves, +2hit or +dam, depending on prime class and playstyle. ie, it could have 2 or 3 stats to avoid swapping tit for tat.

There are also a few items more suggested here.
Teron

Postby Hermoon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Well, I shall steer away from discussing the best way for people to have their slots filled with powerful, humming items! :shock:

What's missing is a decent handbag with compartments for holding different types of items so you can easily organise stuff according to type. The handbag should have the ability to allow you to vary the style (leopard skin print, glittering chain mail, pink leather, etc.) so you can accessorise according to your main outfit. It should include a mirror so you can look into it and 'freshen up' for a few random moves or hp or mana. It would be fun to have the handbag as a reward for a quest undertaken for Constance...
Hermoon

Postby Gorka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Ker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am

Good day,

I'd like to say a few things in this regards since EQ is my fav thang'-

Over the course of say the first 10 years that I have played here, items were traditionally introduced in its category or say bracket (dam or hit for example) would follow en suite behind it's predecessor. The new item could possibly be an upgrade and if not the other way. This would then compensate towards a forged item.

Over next couple of years, general EQ took a new curve because drachma Gear(Quest Gear) got introduced. These pieces were deemed optimum despite your build and taste. With the birth of Drachma Gear - EQ ceiling was cemented and no generic or forged gear brought in could breach these said brackets.

Moving forward a couple more years, caps were raised not once but twice. Your stats that affect the way you gear and play almost saw a 50% top up. Gear or items previously contributing to these brackets had them broken/scaled down into gems making even prized forged gear look obsolete. Indirectly, what happens to your popular drachma gear? Even better question, what happens to the other less popular drachma gear?

You know what I think would be a good new item? Re-looking at half the drachma gear that sits on the shelf. Spoke to Splork, thought I'd mention it here since I got active again.

Yay! Dr
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby Vegetable » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:08 pm

I agree, instead of adding new gear, maybe update the old drachma gear which somewhere became "obsolete". Updating these gears will raise the "ceiling" for the normal gear which will open up more options for new items in the future.

There should probably be a dedicated or few admin focusing on eq (general eq and/or build/class specific). Something that would make each class stands out on its own. Currently, the mud is very much skewed towards physical attack classes, at least for solo.
Vegetable

Postby Tuck » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:03 pm

please add more spellsave eq. thanks
Tuck
Triple 40 Poster

Postby war » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:46 pm

This is just a thought
cincture feathered forge is a forge that most tank types make and its .5 ac not bad, but to spice things up a lil
I would like to see a tankish belt with a better name.
Maybe Cincture Reckless Abandon I don't think we need to add any ac to it so keep it at -.5 but add a weapon dam or few flail dam on it as most tank types use those 2 a lot.
I would also make it a 13 part forge using one of the cpts as the feathered cincture.
6x40 and make it a 20-30m coin forge.
If its something that will happen hit me up I have some ideas on mobs and eq for the forge :)
war

Postby Belrath » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:56 pm

<used as light> an old copper lantern (with a flawed glowing gem attached to it)

I rest my case.

-Belrath
Belrath

Postby Marvel » Thu May 04, 2017 9:06 am

I know I haven't been around lately (life changes), but thought I would clarify that drachma equipment is not the ceiling. Quest and forge equipment can exceed drachma equipment. As to the comment about physical versus what, I don't know, druid or mage equipment - there are only so many options you have on the side that uses mana. The variety comes from the spells there. Everyone needs ac somehow, whether it be from equipment, forms, mirrors, or drafting flunkies. I'm not trying to be vague here, but drachma equipment has to follow certain guidelines. They also aren't supposed to be the best of the best also.
Marvel
40 Prime Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)