Warcry

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: Warcry

Postby *Splork* » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Actually, most tanks worth their salt already have reached quite high levels regarding the warcry structure bonuses. They have already gained these bonuses which means you will receive them no matter what you do in their group...

By not using the skill in question, you are simply giving these creatures thousands of hit points worth of fight rounds. Whether that is a smart choice is entirely up to you guys but I certainly know what my opinion is :oops:

For newbie/lowbie tanks, that will be a tough question. Are players honestly going to pass up good exp by not using deathblow to help build a tanks warcry stats? I would be quite impressed if that happened because most players quit groups when the exp sucks...

Personally, I hope you guys choose to stop using it :lol:
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 am

Well yeah. I'm thinking of Gorka and Knifey, two newer tanks. Dunno if Taron has reached a peak warcry or not yet.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:41 am

Last I looked Vege didn't have much more cries than I do.

People are quick to point out the advantage of deathblow, but warcry to a warrior is just as important. +100 initial hitpoints for every mob, I mean hell yeah! Look this post was not about the effectiveness of deathblow, that's a given. It was about warcry counting. But I already sense nothing is going to change... so I am not going to continue to lance further the complete silliness of the situation where warcry is far more likely not to count on massive group mobs but will count on splork mobs, I will just artificially build my warcry in a stab group until it's built, it's already +70. It seems far easier to abuse the system sometimes than to talk common sense.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Splork* » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 am

I don't think anyone disagrees that it is ass backwards. As I said in my initial post, we chose not to change the game mechanics because we are simply too deep into the game to fix it correctly. For us to fix it, the way it should be fixed, it would actually be harder(much harder) to advance your Warcry count. Sometimes it just not worth fixing an issue which would cause all sorts of complaints and leave new players at an extreme disadvantage and this turned out to be one of those.

You aren't artificially building or abusing anything, that is the way every other tank has built their warcry numbers...
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Josiah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Suggested "fix:"

Edit 'help warcry' to suggest that deathblow is a sleazy move and only dishonorable warriors use it. (So it won't add to your prestige.)

Even though it's a little silly, I think it's better to have an in-game explanation than a known bug that will never be addressed.
Josiah
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Splork, I haven't done much of stab/blast with 4 men on lyme. The latest known case would be DoT with Dr, and that was months ago.

So not everyone uses this way to build the count, then again I may be not worth my salt. And yes, it's a far easier way, than tanking in a larger or epic group.

For one, I'll be using deathblow in groups, because it's useful. If everyone wants to complain that it sucks, ideas it. Though if I ever want to exp on Taron again, I will probably change my opinion. Perhaps it depends on who's tanking.

Also, fixing deathblow count and making it "actually be harder(much harder) to advance your Warcry count" wouldn't be fair, considering on big mobs it's only a round or two or <10% mob hp. Make deathblow count and make it 10% harder to count? Sure. 50% harder? Why?
Teron

Postby *Breeze* » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Josiah wrote:Suggested "fix:"

Edit 'help warcry' to suggest that deathblow is a sleazy move and only dishonorable warriors use it. (So it won't add to your prestige.)

Even though it's a little silly, I think it's better to have an in-game explanation than a known bug that will never be addressed.

done.

if splork decides that we need to change deathblow i will edit the file accordingly
*Breeze*

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)