Double robe capacity, because amount of used classes doubled

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Double robe capacity, because amount of used classes doubled

Postby Teron » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Greetings.

Most of the ingame robes were created in S3 or earlier, some were created in S4, together with quest ones. In all these years, the max capacity for robes remained around 499 with a few exceptions and outliers.

Since then the immortals have not only added much more items to the game, but doubled the amount of classes we use.
With classes came stats we use (except charisma), while some classes, such as clerics, require two stats: heal and sys shock or warriors, ac and weapon damage.

With eqset (an awesome addition and one of our main features), the number of items you can easily swap has also increased, so you can create a set of 1 item and benefit from it situationally.

In about S4 the immorts have recognized the amount of increased items we use, and have doubled the maximum amount of rent items from 75 to 150 and have increased/added (I'm fuzzy on this) to the 175 carried items.

Yet, they hadn't increased the robe capacity to carry all those items, even though they stopped adding 125 and 325 maxweight robes.

I suggest doubling all robe capacities to account for the increased classes and the number of sets.

Example:
I have these modes:
- ac (full set)
- mana regen (full set)
- max mana (all but a few items are interchangeable)
- weapon damage (a few wd items + several dam items)
- stab mode (dam items mostly)
- hand dam (full hd + a few dam items)
- raise set
- uc set (fullish)
- a coliseum set (stab, -saves)

A few sets with only a few items:
- the acid immune clasp
- the lightning resist sleeves
- 2 unique charisma items for hymn of an artisan/eye of the beholder
- saves vs para
- 4 +hit items for chop

With all this garderobe that I use daily (except those with the few items), I hardly have space for stuff I pop. Whenever I pop more, than a few items, I have to vault or ship them away.

If I pop a few heavy items and put them in my robe, then my main eqset container can't fit in my robe. Right now, I've hit the point, when I have no extra items and my ac robe already can't fit into the main eqset container with all the gear I have.

Another thing is, If I want to rent immediately after a day of cycling or leading groups, I'm out of my luck, because I have to spend at least a few minutes dropping/junking/vaulting/shipping stuff. This is getting exhausting and annoying. I have chosen to cut link instead of renting a few times and this is getting silly, even though I did learn to immediately junk/sell unnecessary items.

Back in S3, I had the exhilarating freedom of putting all my pops in my robe and forgetting about them, until the innkeeper reminded me through rent fees. Even though keeping the inv clean is a good habit, an obligation to clean your robe up b4 renting is a chore.

So, I suggest doubling the capacity of all robes, including quest/drachma and forge ones.

If someone wants to make my (or any avatar's) day, adding 25 items to max rent/carried would be greatly appreciated, because what use are big robes without an ability to carry more items. In fact, I could easily accept 50 more items to carry and rent, because carrying the 10-15+ choppers and some pops in the group often makes me laden and unable to loot, as the group leader.

Thank you.
Last edited by Teron on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Teron

Re: Double robe capacity, because amount of used classes dou

Postby Gorka » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Looks like Taron's landed in Lyme again... :roll:

Once again I see potential in making changes to "mounts" in the game. You need a pack horse...
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:04 pm

I see you found my photo.

Create a thread about mounts, I'll definitely back you up, if there's something reasonable.
Also, I'd rather not hire mounts every day just to carry my stuff around. I'd rather have innate ability to carry the items I need, restricted by my strength, not by the now arbitrary limit of 150 items.
Teron

Postby cyprimus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Sherpa!
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:35 am

One other reason to increase robe and item capacity is corpse retrievals.

For example, I can't do a cr by picking up the corpse, if:
- I am already laden from the group
- the corpse decayed, leaving a container and a heavy robe on the ground, so I can't pick up both of them.
- there are two or more corpses.

Just yesterday I had to do several trips to my vault to
- put my inv in my sack and drop it there
- pick up Sochi's sack (170 weight)
- drop it in the vault
- pick up Sochi's robe (290 weight)
- drop it in the vault
- put Sochi's sack on a storage char
- go get my sack from the vault
and that's with 23 strength without anything in the inv.

It was very frustrating.

All this could've been solved by having more item and weight capacity. Robe capacity would've helped, if I could stuff both sacks in my robe.
Teron

Postby Jaid » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:40 pm

I would be good with either suggestion, but I'm probably more in favor of increasing our inventory to rent. I have things that I've been wheeled in groups or equipment that I've changed out over time. While I know that I need to clean things out, when I log on and see a group, I would rather play than do an inventory check and figure out what to put up for sale. I know I need to do it eventually. As of now, I find myself checking my sack to see what I can drop or junk before I rent so I don't go over the 150 item max.

I'm sure my choice is because I have so many items that I need to sell/pass on to newer players. I really need to log on, check what's in my robe, sack, etc and not check the who list or see if a group is running. Maybe then I could be more productive getting rid of unneeded equipment. :lol:

Jaid/Rayne
--You'd be like this too, if someone dropped a house on your sister!
Jaid

Postby *juggleblood* » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Would be neat if there were a 'keychain' for item type armor. Like..Sidhe Extra-Dimensional Portable Armory, holds 25 pieces of armor, with item count being only 1.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Teron » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:45 am

That's a great start, but even if you put 25 items in a magic box, they'll still weigh like 25 items and the box.
If you try to fit them in the robe, the robe and inv weight limits remain the same. So it'll help anyone without weight issues, which is probably most of the new people.

For the weight-challenged people to be able to use your armories, we'd need to place armories in the Blue Gnomish Anti-Gravity Chest, small on the outside, unlimited on the inside, with maxweight = -1, similar to the bag of weapons.

I even found the color pattern to use for the chest: blue, with the sides colored as the blue police box, and the front covered with runes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teron

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:44 am

max_weight -1? does that make the bag and it's contents weigh nothing or does it make it limitless contents?
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Gorka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:51 am

Its certainly supposed to make the bag "limitless" as for what it does with the "weight..." I don't know.

I haven't commented much on this thread, I tend to keep my robes clean, but then again I haven't invested in a lot of common eq modes as Taron has and I understand the player frustration.

In a game that has "restoration" and "relocate" I suspect there is a certain amount of room for "magic bags" with altered capacity.

The other solution is to provide 9x40 forges that effectively would bond some items together into 9x40 personal restricted super items and therefore cut down on items counts and weights... something like bonding a tail from necrop with ars magica but without loosing stats.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Eqlist says the bag of weapons has the max weight of -1.
Id says maxweight is "Irrelevant" and the weight is 10.
When I put a scimitar in it, the weight doesn't increase. Apparently, I can put as many specs in it as I want, I haven't ever hit a limit even with 30-40 specs.

It'd be awesome to have a container that both reduces item count and weight, though I vaguely remember that an item can only be of one type (I wonder where I got this from). Still, I wonder if it's doable, like a keychain with maxweight -1.
Teron

Postby Teron » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks Teker for adding +25 to rent and carry item amounts.

I bet I can fill that too, but I'll try to go without carrying more sets and see how it works.

Thanks again :)
Teron

Postby *teker* » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:43 pm

You're welcome. I'm not sure that there is a bullet-proof 100% guaranteed solution to the problem you're discussing. In order to recover another player's corpse, your items + the dead player's items would need to be less than the cap. If you're carrying more than half, or the dead player was carrying more than half, there's a good chance you won't be able to recover the corpse. If we continue to raise the item limits upwards, some players will continue to carry more items until their strength maximums are reached. That means the corpses will become heavier and heavier to where other players won't be able to handle the weight of their own gear plus the weight of a full corpse. Similar problem to where we are now.

Perhaps a better option would be to enable recall scrolls (or a scroll of a different type) to be cast on corpses.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Filk » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 pm

It would be nice also to make recall points free of mobs looting. Its problem even now. And gonna be bigger problem if you will add corpse recalling. Though idea on its own is great tbh.
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby Josiah » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:29 pm

I like the idea of casting recall on a corpse, and also of mobs not being allowed to loot in recall rooms.
Josiah
Double 40 Poster

Next

Return to Mud Suggestions