Summary of Coliseum 3.0

Code changes, new spells/skills/songs, etc

Summary of Coliseum 3.0

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:21 pm

*First off, instead of tearing out the old mobs and putting in new, I built a second coliseum in AH, which is not open yet.

*The BH coliseum scores are reset and you can earn drachma and honor. Honor reward is now based off of personal best rather than high scorer. There is no benefit to getting in sooner than everyone else to get a high score. There is no high scorer drachma or honor. So don't be in a hurry to get in there. Focus on bug testing for now if you play in it.

*You will be dispelled on entrance to the coliseum. So will your pets. So no need spelling up or having someone else spell you up. You will not receive a restore. So go in full.

*You will receive mana restores at the 2, 4, and 6 minute marks (roughly). The timer is not very accurate, should be within 10 seconds either way though. You will not receive hit points.

*There are no berries.

*Mobs are being slimmed down in the higher levels. It is not complete. Need to get some more score data and tweak them accordingly.

*Mobs in BH coliseum are basically the same, some only slimmer. As before, sword is for demons, spear for dragons, breath for death, and salt for snail.

It's a work in progress but it is open for testing. I ask you to honor the spirit of the coliseum rule about outside aid and avoid doing the following:
Using imbued spells.
Using charmed pets (charm person).
Using devaks.
Having a friend level a 40 to get a world restore during fight.
Also familiar may be exploitable in that it could end up counting as a point, I'll have to check and add protection if so. Don't do it... I'll test it later.

I will slowly implement protections against these practices but in the meantime I'll just have to resort to investigating suspicious scores.

I encourage you to test levels Newbie-4 and level 7. You may want to hold off on 5, 6, 8, and 9. I have minor mob modification to do.

You can email me bugs or suggestions to juggleblood@slothmud.org or u can use ingame mudmail system or u can use the bugs command.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Re: Summary of Coliseum 3.0

Postby *juggleblood* » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:24 am

Levels 5-9 are re-balanced and much better imo, i.e. you should see your scores improve.

Don't forget to take advantage of the holy sword of defenders versus demons.

Some other non-stat based changes:
*Tanra paralysis proc reduced from 50 seconds to 10 seconds.
*Greek god mobs have minor changes to names, i.e. Athena became avatar of Athena. In deference to the proper mobs on Mount Olympus.
*Aeris God of War, is now avatar of Aeris, God of Battle, to avoid conflict with player name War in chaos pit.
*Demon mobs have minor short name changes to indicate they are in fact demons, i.e. to use sword of defenders.

Feel free to send me suggestions and bug reports via ingame ideas and bugs commands as well as mudmail, forum posts, or juggleblood@slothmud.org. *edit - email corrected* However pls inform me if you are emailing me for the first time so I can check my junk mail and add you as a contact.

I'm interested in hearing how all the various procs play out and interested in suggestions regarding mob alignment in the pits and anything else you have to say.

There are still ways to cheat. Please don't do it. I'm working on fixes. In the meantime I'm just occasionally pulling logs on high scorers.
Last edited by *juggleblood* on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *Breeze* » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 pm

*Breeze*

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 am

*Dispel on enter fixed. Should work regardless of player position or magical immunity.
*Chaos pit will no longer trans group members not present in pit to group leader on group death.
*Sword of Defenders will now work on Laz'ar demon in level 5.

Continue submitting bugs. Thx.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:42 am

*Timers have been completely redone so as to be accurate. Everyone should gain some time and probably points as a result.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:51 am

*Colors added to newbie coliseum.
*Some anti-cheating checks added with regard to certain imbued spells.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:19 am

*Supplicant / summon undead bug fixed. Dispel was causing inability to dismiss, etc..
*All imbued spells will now be lost upon entering any room in coliseum including the entry areas.
There is no message. It just happens.
*Pit loot value reduced.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm

*Genie bottle can no longer be exploited to smuggle additional players into the arena.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 pm

*Sword of holy defenders and Spear of Azerone have been phased out. The reason is that warriors prefer to use their sword, thieves prefer to use their dagger, monks prefer to use their hands, and druids prefer to use their teeth and claws. So much happiness all around. These two items are no longer sold at pit shop and are no longer required for any purpose.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:22 pm

*Level 8 level restrictions fixed to keep out 9x40's. Offending player has been removed from the high scores board for level 8x40.
*Offending player owes me 50 drachma, a good chunk of honor, and the time it took me to manually fix the high scores.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:41 pm

*Dispel will now hit god sanc.
*Supplication issue in level 7 resolved.
*Animate dead issue to be resolved soon, currently you can not enter with them or the dispel makes then turn on you.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *Splork* » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:27 pm

*World restores will no longer hit those inside coliseum
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *juggleblood* » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:54 pm

*Chaos Pit scores temporarily disabled due to crash. Should be otherwise functional.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:18 am

*Coliseum re-opened.
*Simplified cleanup procedures for crash-risk reduction.
*Added victory delay for crash-risk reduction. When you win you now remain in the pit for a few seconds before being transferred to the entrance.
*No other changes. Please test and report.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 am

*Sector changes in coliseum will now permit use of druid pets i.e. 'awaken' spell.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Return to Mud changes and New Stuff