Leaving VK

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Leaving VK

Postby Methyx » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:31 pm

Hello All :)

I've noticed on the who list many Quad 20's and some others who went on to level their prime class before making Quad 20. My question is: are there any special considerations or skills that should be obtained before abondoning VK for good?

One factor I was given was to be sure that you had stats you were happy with before you went past 20. Are there any others out there?

Any information or help you can give would be greatly appreciated :)

Methyx
Vagabond Monk
Methyx

Postby Deju » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:57 pm

Since i was over 20 when valk was put in, and havent started many newbies since, i can't give you a ton of information, but here is my $.02.

You should also consider completing any autoquests or forges that are completed on valk (jing jit disk comes to mind quickly) before you leave. Obviously once you leave you cant go back and complete them with that character.

Another reason for staying at lvl 20 or below is that triangular tokens can be used to reroll. Since these tris can only be used by lvl 20 or lower, and they tend to be more available than hex tokens, many players stay below 21 until they have stats they like. So, if you dont have stats you are happy with yet, it is generally easier to reroll as a lvl 20 or below.
Deju
Double 40 Poster

Valk Eq

Postby Ender » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:44 pm

There is also some interesting equipment on Valk you may want to pick up before you leave. For instance, the blue egg and helm of lightning come to mind. These are nice items that have the added benefit of perm water breath. I've often found that items with perm infravision, perm water breath and perm fly can be worth their weight in gold. However, finding decent ones can be difficult. Helm of Lightning is an excellent one, with decent AC for it's level, so you're not really losing much to get the benefit of the perm water breath.
Ender
40 Prime Poster

Postby blackmore » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:12 pm

In my opinion, you should have good stats when you leave valk, but I don't believe in abandoning all game play in order to get the most insane stats possible. As long as you have stats that are good enough to get you to around 3x40, you can spend time collecting hexes and start rolling later on.

The autoquests and equipment is all a good idea. This is especially true of the JJD, which is such an insane piece of equipment that it's still useful at 5x40. Another possibility are boots of radiance, which are nice, but you can get something similar off valk at higher levels too.

One additional thing I would consider is that I always had an easier time getting xp on valk than I did off valk. I would usually build up enough xp for 4 or 5 levels before I left valk, because I could do it faster while I was on valk. That might not be true of all class orders, but I felt that it was true for me at the time.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Quad 20s

Postby Ender » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:21 pm

Actually, that's a good point, some people just don't plan to leave VK. In recent times, Isatars CAN'T leave, though there were quad 20s before even that. Running a character on VK has a certain amount of risk because some of the mobs are quite powerful (bathing tiger comes to mind) and you are very limited as to who can help you if you get in trouble, since the most powerful character that can come help you is a quad 20. Hense people create 'VK avatars' to help in those situations.

Wasn't there also a helmet that required you to be quad 20 to wear it on VK? I seem to remember something along this line... but I never had one.
Ender
40 Prime Poster

Postby Absu » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:52 pm

I realize this is a pretty old post, but I am in the same situation as the original poster and was wondering if there is anything new that I should consider before leaving VK.
Absu

Postby Leaf » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:40 am

U leave when u want to leave. Some ppl say u need to get all the quests,
and some might say u need all the forges. But in reallity its all up to u.
Leaf

Postby Absu » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:11 am

I'm really aching to leave. I have enough exp built up to gain a few levels above 20 at this point.

Is there any eforged equip that is really good? I scanned the list quick (kinda hard to find specifically VK forges) and only the Celestial Bracelet(+1 dam) and Boots of Radiance (boots/containers? looked unique to me) stood out as being good.

I have a lot of the JJD components but I don't want to stick around for another 2 weeks trying to get the mace and pearl.

BTW anyone know how much drachma you can get on VK total? I thikn I have 77 or there about-- I'm not online to check atm.
Absu

Postby Rynquald » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:17 am

It's not really worth hanging around on vk for forges imho.

You can either buy a JJD later or make a valker char for it sometime, Celestial Bracelets aren't going to look that great to you for +dam wrist gear once you've been off valk for a while. And only one of the cps for Boots of Radiance pops on valk anyway, the others are all going to take a higher lev char to pop.

If you want to leave, I'd say go for it, just remember to clear out any lockers and change citizenship to another cont before you level up :)
Be quiet or i'll stab you quiet -BM
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby slasher88 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:42 am

It looks like the last input for this was a while ago. Are there any additional thoughts on reasons to stay on Valk other than its good for getting low levels. I'm happy with stats at this point and the only reason I see for staying is to run the different areas
slasher88

Postby blackmore » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 pm

With the new stat rolling system, staying for the purpose of rolling stats is no longer a concern. When you've completed any quests you want to complete, and when you've obtained all of the equipment you want to obtain, the only reason to stay on valk is the solo xp is better for awhile. I had a hard time finding places to solo for xp off of valk once I left. It's a good idea to stockpile xp and get about 10 prime levels all at once when you leave valk, to give yourself a boost.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions